• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Nine |OT| A contestant infuriates Chef Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Chamber said:
lol

Didn't you chastise us for not giving Paul credit?

No - you guys were saying Paul only won because he cried about his moms. I think anyone who watched the finale can agree that Elise is the one who pulled it together in that kitchen. Paul admitted as much.

benjipwns

Banned
commish said:
So... he couldn't win against the lower quality chefs of Hells Kitchen, but you want to see him compete against the superior chefs of Top Chef?
I was blatantly joking about him finishing second on every show he enters.
commish said:
I think anyone who watched the finale can agree that Elise is the one who pulled it together in that kitchen.
But what happens if someone disagrees?

commish said:
No - you guys were saying Paul only won because he cried about his moms. I think anyone who watched the finale can agree that Elise is the one who pulled it together in that kitchen. Paul admitted as much.
Yeah as much as I don't like Elise's attitude she helped out Paul, a lot.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
commish said:
Nobody is saying that he won BECAUSE of his mom but rather that the mom issue was a big hint that he was going to win. That's not the same as some of you implying Elise as the co-winner.

Elise shined, but she was pretty much setup to. She was the only person on Paul's team that could cook anything. He might have had the worst final team that anyone has ever had. That is probably why he won. Chef Ramsay was probably surprised he sent out any food at all with that crew.

Will's biggest mistake was letting Krupa do anything. She should have been on garnish and desserts at the very most. Why did he waste Jennifer by putting her on garnish?

commish

yellowjacket25 said:
Elise shined, but she was pretty much setup to. She was the only person on Paul's team that could cook anything. He might have had the worst final team that anyone has ever had. That is probably why he won. Chef Ramsay was probably surprised he sent out any food at all with that crew.

Will's biggest mistake was letting Krupa do anything. She should have been on garnish and desserts at the very most. Why did he waste Jennifer by putting her on garnish?

I would have made Krupa sit in a corner.

Zoe

yellowjacket25 said:

Jennifer had been horrible at the fish station before.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Is it just me, or does it feel like the person who should win never wins this show?

None of the people that win this show actually ever become the head chefs at these restaurants, right? Perhaps not winning the show allows the second place chef an opportunity to do something else with their career instead of get wedged into that specific job or something? Like Ramsay grooms them on the side for other jobs?

I don't know, but I've never been more wrong about who is going to win on a show than Hell's Kitchen and it feels intentional at this point.

Everyone landed where they should, even Elise. I have no doubt in my mind she was better than Jennifer and she proved it in the final service. She was a different person when she didn't have anything to play for.

I thought Krupa went too early when it happened, but man did she prove that she was terrible.

I also have to wonder how they pick who comes back to help. Jonathan was clearly horrible, but he gets back in the kitchen?

commish

DeaconKnowledge said:
Everyone landed where they should, even Elise. I have no doubt in my mind she was better than Jennifer and she proved it in the final service. She was a different person when she didn't have anything to play for.

I thought Krupa went too early when it happened, but man did she prove that she was terrible.

I also have to wonder how they pick who comes back to help. Jonathan was clearly horrible, but he gets back in the kitchen?

I bet some don't want to come back.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think they intentionally mix in cooks like Jonathon and Krupa just for entertainment value. Would be a little boring if both guys had an "elite" team.

Zoe said:
Jennifer had been horrible at the fish station before.
Ah, that makes sense. I still would have probably kept Krupa away from meats, and fish though. Having Tommy, Natalie, and Jennifer should have been good for meat, fish, and apps.

chris121580

I'm really happy for Paul. Both of them are great. I'm pretty shocked Will didn't win though. If I heard right, I think Gordon leaned over to Will after announcing the winner and told him he didn't have his best service as the last service. Sounds like that may have had something to do with it.

Will was robbed but he'll probably still be able to get a good chef position somewhere.

If Elise didn't have so much drama swirling around here all the time, she could have won the whole thing. She was one of the best cooks and she could actually lead. But she was just too combative. I agree though she deserves at least 1/3 of Paul's prize money. She was basically Paul's kitchen in the final dinner service.

Overall this season was alright. I definite improvement over the last couple. This season the top 4 could actually cook. In the last couple seasons, just about all the chefs had been bums.

The formula has still become stale though. Not sure if I'm going to watch the next season. Kitchen Nightmares is a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom