• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Eleven |OT| Jean-Philippe IS BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

I didn't watch this season, just part of the finale. Every year it seems like it's getting full of more and more weirdos and losers. I would not hire any of those people for any job personally (except that one guy on the red kitchen, he seemed pretty well with it). Masterchef is much better in this regard but even that show seems to be introducing that element.

Not sure how she was better, at least Mary had command over her kitchen and threw Dan out.

I was sort of thinking the same thing, but my guess is THAT was the reason. Ja'Nel did not resort to having to throw someone out, she instead got control of her entire kitchen.

Grinchy

Banned
I like when Mary said something like, "Never underestimate a butcher with a soft voice!' Mary thinks her voice is soft.

I'm glad to see J'apostrophe Nel win it. The way things were edited made it appear as though Mary was the more competent leader, but Ja'nel was obviously the more calm and calculated one. Mary seemed to be a bit in over her head and came across a bit like a kid who was given her first taste of power at times.

RangersFan

Ja'Nel was the obvious choice midway through the season. Though she did start to disappear just as Jon started to shine.

As for Mary's husband, noticed how editing wouldn't keep on his face for more than 1/2 a second, sad.

Not since the beginning.

Mary was up for elimination half the time the Red Team had to nominate some one. Red Team had to nominate people 10 times, Mary got nominated like 4 or 5 of those times. She should not have made it to the final. Jon was NEVER nominated for elimination, not even fucking once. Even Ja'nel got 1 nomination, and other times she was almost picked. Jon was never even considered for elimination ever.

Total bullshit, should have been Jon vs Ja'nel with Jon winning.

Mary was up for elimination half the time the Red Team had to nominate some one. Red Team had to nominate people 10 times, Mary got nominated like 4 or 5 of those times. She should not have made it to the final. Jon was NEVER nominated for elimination, not even fucking once. Even Ja'nel got 1 nomination, and other times she was almost picked. Jon was never even considered for elimination ever.

Total bullshit, should have been Jon vs Ja'nel with Jon winning.

The whole point though was that Mary had grown so much over the season. Chef Ramsay doesn't care how many times a finalist has been nominated, all he cares is that they learn from their mistakes and grow stronger because of them. The thing that kept Jon out of the final two was most likely his turn at running the pass the previous week. It doesn't matter how good of a chef you are, if you don't have enough leadership qualities then you aren't suited to a head chef position.

chris121580

The whole point though was that Mary had grown so much over the season. Chef Ramsay doesn't care how many times a finalist has been nominated, all he cares is that they learn from their mistakes and grow stronger because of them. The thing that kept Jon out of the final two was most likely his turn at running the pass the previous week. It doesn't matter how good of a chef you are, if you don't have enough leadership qualities then you aren't suited to a head chef position.

That's just one time and obviously a person can get better in the pass with more experience. He was robbed plain and simple. I can't remember Gordon ever yelling at him one time all season

That's just one time and obviously a person can get better in the pass with more experience. He was robbed plain and simple. I can't remember Gordon ever yelling at him one time all season

But this was the endgame, Chef Ramsay isn't gonna wait to see if Jon gets better leadership qualities after the season is over. Janel and Mary had the best leadership skills during the pass plus both were really strong chefs. They had the skills for cooking and leading then and there, that's why they made the final two.

hwalker84

03lQKEE.jpg

Season 11 Winner.

Gotta quote myself called that shit!!

Jon not being in the final 2 is horseshit, but I love these finales. Bring back all these crazy people (Dan, Zack) recreates that awesome early season drama.

Edit: "she sounds like a bag of cats"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Why did they show Ramsey asking people if they would come back?

Fan Favorites season? Honestly surprised they haven't done it already. Other than that one really fat guy, have they brought anyone back?

Ramsay ever bring back that one female line cook that really impressed him but got knocked out about halfway through,but he offered to send her to culinary school?

UberTag

Ja'Nel's been getting a strong winner's edit since almost the beginning of this season. She's my pick to win it all right now.
She also looks amazing for 31.
Mary can't help the way she sounds. Seems like a silly thing to hold against her.
She's made very few mistakes the past month that I can remember.
I'm not entirely buying the Jon hype with how badly the men performed as a collective unit.
It's obviously Mary vs. Ja'Nel. They should have at least given Ja'Nel the first spot so Mary knocking out Jon might have come as somewhat of a surprise.

Jon has always cracked under pressure and has only excelled in individual challenges. He's a terrible leader and that was demonstrated when the Blue team continued to implode until Ja'Nel crossed the lines.

If anything, Jon should have been the first one sent packing tonight. Advance Ja'Nel and keep people in suspense on Mary vs. Cyndi.
This, my friends, is what we call vindication.
3AQmK.gif

Jon had no place in that finale.
Mary did herself and her family proud. She may have actually pulled this off had she not gotten so overwhelmed.
Happy for Ja'Nel. She shone the entire season. Hope Vegas has worked out for her.

As for Mary's "inhuman voice", a set of pipes like that is actually quite the gift.
If she wasn't such a damned fine cook, she'd have a nice fallback career in voice acting if she really honed that voice box of hers.

what I can't stand is the last episode final challenge ALWAYS ends up 3-2. no matter what happens for 11 years it had been a 3-2 finish to see who needs up with the first pic. there are some things quite clearly rigged in the series and this is the most obvious one.

RS4-

what I can't stand is the last episode final challenge ALWAYS ends up 3-2. no matter what happens for 11 years it had been a 3-2 finish to see who needs up with the first pic. there are some things quite clearly rigged in the series and this is the most obvious one.

Yeah, the formula is the same shit, same challenges, same twists.

I'm just in it for meltdowns.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't mind the same challenges, but the last one is always clearly rigged. it's a shame as it really ruins the legitimacy of the show.

I had to admit to myself long ago that there is no legitimacy to the show. I stopped watching it for like 5 seasons and then when I came back, I watched it with the understanding that most of it is fake or edited in a very fake way. It's probably more fun to watch this way.

Grinchy

Banned
Doesn't a drug test only see drugs you've taken 48-72 hours ago (except weed)? I'm not even sure how long cocaine stays in the hair if it wasn't just a piss test. But it sounds like she did a lot of coke days before her drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom