• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101 best pizzas in America.

Phu

Banned
Holy shit, Loui's in Hazel Park made it on there. That place is borderline unknown even in the area.

HariKari

Pizzeria Bianco is the one place from AZ, at #5.

I don't remember for sure but i'm 50% certain I had their pizza and didn't think it was that special. Was a bit disappointed Oregano's didn't make the list, though I guess I should be happy something from Arizona did.

Oreganos is good for a local chain. I'm partial to Barro's myself but it's not list worthy.

Bianco:
pizzeria-bianco-1199.jpg

sqwarlock

I don't remember for sure but i'm 50% certain I had their pizza and didn't think it was that special. Was a bit disappointed Oregano's didn't make the list, though I guess I should be happy something from Arizona did.

It's generic-ass wood-fired pizza IMO. Better than La Piazza al Forno—which is touted as an amazing pizza place—but that's not saying much. It's absolutely not #5 worthy.

desertdroog

It even has it's own Wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzeria_Bianco

Though getting a perfect Zagat score is no small feat.

Oregano's quality goes up and down, depending on location and time of day/week. It is too bad, because they were rocking for the first couple of years they started up.

Althane

Ctrl-F "Atlanta"

Show's up twice. Great!

One's Antico's. Fuck that place.

Varasano's is good though. Old 4th Ward pizza (... which is now in Duluth for some reason) is also pretty good.

gaugebozo

Holy shit, Loui's in Hazel Park made it on there. That place is borderline unknown even in the area.
I still haven't been there, but it's good to see some amazing Detroit options on the list. Buddy's is even a chain and they have the #19 pizza in the country.

DiFara's is incredible. I can't say I've eaten enough of these to say it deserves number one, but it is easily the best I've ever had.

Dyle

Kind of disappointed my college's cafeteria isn't on this list, they had this Chicago hot dog pizza that was perhaps the greatest masterpiece mankind has ever produced.

I know this list is garbage because not a single pizza with pineapple is on that list.

YUS

R1fdEt3.gif

Grzi

Why do some people see DiFara as #1 on the list and the others Frank Pepe's?
Or is that some type of joke lol

EhoaVash

I drove past that place many many times before I even noticed it was a pizza place lmfao.

I had that pizza once from there. Was okay the tomato sauce I just wasn't feeling it.

And yeah didn't know buddy's was regarded that well either, looks like I'm gonna go try that Detroit zoo pizza this weekend :3

It's generic-ass wood-fired pizza IMO. Better than La Piazza al Forno—which is touted as an amazing pizza place—but that's not saying much. It's absolutely not #5 worthy.

La Piazza al Forno is bad. I've had it twice. Once they undercooked it to the point where the dough in the middle was raw. The second time it was burnt and cold. All the nice ingredients in the world can't save them if they can't cook properly and consistently.

Bianco is good, and luckily you don't have the gigantic wait for them like you used to. I'm also surprised they are still so high considering Bianco is retired.

Cibo's is good too. Spinato's and Stumpy's if you want greasy pizza. As is Vito's if you live near the west valley and want deep dish.

Phoenix area is shockingly great at pizza.

jman2050

Also it’s not on the list but Valdiano’s in Orlando is by far the best pizza I had while living in Florida, for what it’s worth.

LProtag

Pepe's over Sally's and Modern? No way.

At least they also have BAR on there, so the big 4 New Haven places are up there.

Connecticut is the best pizza state.

br3wnor

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Pizza belt baby, haven’t been to any of these places but I’m on Long Island and the pizza is amazing so I’m not surprised NYC is notched up another level. Pizza and bagels all day er’y day

Clearos

Living in new haven it is fun seeing the battles that go on about who has the best pizza.

It's like going to North end in Boston and debating Moderns and Mike's for cannolis.

Top Bottom