• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt Furie, Creator of Pepe the Frog, Draws His Alt-Right Election Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
I was expecting some obnoxious political comic with labels on anything, and instead I got some grotesque body horror.

NandoGip

I'd feel sad if my creation was hijacked by racist low lifes. His art is so unique and interesting. I think this panel is a (blatant) metaphor how Pepe was corrupted and eaten alive by the alt-right

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
We need to create a new liberal Pepe meme, I'll get my 9gag account ready.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Cue the alt right harassing this guy and trying to crucify him online for doing what he wants with his own creation.

Draft

Boys Club is really funny and some of the best gags are "transformations" like in the comic above.

Pepe is a sweet guy that just wants to play DOOM and relax.

I don't get the ending.

It's either a reference to Nightmare on Elm Street, like someone above suggested, or it's a statement about how the Pepe this guy created doesn't really exist anymore as he was sucked into the reality of this alt-right nightmare he was having.

I remember several months ago someone asking this question and people were saying that this wasn't close to the 2012 election. Well this one escalated pretty quickly and topped it. Hope this crap never happens again.

I mean, the 2012 election was pretty humdrum for the most part, so I don't think there was a lot to top?

Valhelm

contribute something
Stop. Please stop. Let Pepe die.

3jmm4ug.jpg

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Next election will make this one look tame.

This is the last election.

January 2019:
America will be divided in to districts based on Warlords and Militia after the Great Trump Uprising of 2018. Canada is now North Texas and Mexico is known as The Province of Amazonia after being sold to a Suoer-Pac of Comcast, Amazon and QVC.

Next election will make this one look tame.

I mean, it's possible, but it's hard to believe something like this will happen again, much less the next time make this "tame." I think the GOP is going to take some steps to make sure another Trump-like candidate doesn't make it to the primaries, like I legitimately expect there to be behind closed doors discussions with candidates to make it clear that if they act anything like Trump, or create their campaign remotely like him, they will not be nominated by the RNC and will be replaced. The GOP is also going to be pumping a lot of anti-Trump stuff once he loses, attempting to severe themselves from him, and sour the non-alt-right to him as much as possible.

I know that some of that probably shows pseudo-conspiracy theory and all, but one thing this election is proving is that you can't hope to win a National election with this type of campaign. If Trumps loses by the amount he's predicted to lose by as of now, even in this highly polarized political state of America, the GOP is going to make a real effort to try and paint themselves as 'not really like Trump, we promise.'

I'm not saying that the GOP will change like it should, especially if they remain significant in congress, but this election is definitely a clear indication that you just can't be an open piece of shit and hope to win. Even if you are a piece of shit, you still have to apply to the moderate center that Trump has totally alienated. Trump is going to be a really toxic wound for the GOP on a national scale, and I actually think 2020 is going to be a real attempt to try and bring the rhetoric back to that center, even if not the policies and whatnot. Which makes me think Ryan 2020 is pretty much a sure thing, since he's exactly the kind of person who can carry that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom