• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt says Halo DS naysayers will be owned..... after E3.

Matt_C said:
I am very credible in these forums but the C does not stand for Cassminia.
The C is for Cohick
Anywho, the only thing I read from IGN is IGN gear and I do not follow the IGN editor crowd.

As for Halo DS, doesn't the Zune have better hardware specs to run a Halo like game over the DS? I am sure that initial Halo portable development was on the DS but may wind up on the Zune due to the MSness of the hardware and they might want to push games on the Zune platform soon.
*Thinks of playing games with his Zune, Buttonbasher laughs to himself*

Buttonbasher said:
I do like the Zune, but playing games wouldn't be practical. It lags for me when I try to look at pictures. But I do look good in the reflection of the screen, so it's alright.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
thebagofsand said:
A Halo game like metal slug would be awesome.
A Halo game like Halo and a Metal Slug game like Metal Slug would even be better!

Matt_C

Buttonbasher said:
*Thinks of playing games with his Zune, Buttonbasher laughs to himself*

Dang, I forgot the Zune did not have a touch screen. Maybe the next spec Zune does have a touch screen and maybe more for gaming.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I like how we forget the thousands of times Matt has spewed total crap ("They're developing 5 more Gamecube games at Whateversoft. Tust me, I know.").

GhaleonEB said:
O RLY

0_0
Respect -9999

What is that supposed to mean? Yeah he's married to someone from Nintendo. Guess he isn't credible anymore.

If you want to talk credibility look at those who do reviews and then jump the boat to specific companies and then claim they weren't biased in any way.

I'm not even sure why I'm arguing about this but it just seems so weird that some of you are pulling the "omgz" card when all you need to do is take a look around at other reviewers who all of the sudden had a career change.

At least Matt is doing his reviews and sticking to them.

He says stuff and never delivers and I'm highly doubting this Halo DS crap because Nintendo wouldn't even bother with it.

There's no need for everyone to get excited over this.

ethelred

Why does it matter if a long-canceled game did actually exist at one point or another? It's still, you know, not ever going to see the light of day... so why waste so many brain cells on it?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've been asking, "But what about Halo DS, Matt?" since he first opened his mouth about it during a Wiik in review a few weeks ago. Still waiting for a real answer.

However, should Moore and Reggie get on stage together at some point during this E3 to show off a Halo DS, I'll probably laugh for 20 minutes straight, and then spend another 40 trying to refresh through 500 errors here on GAF, just to catch a glimpse of the havoc and chaos that is sure to ensue.

Remember that awesome thread when Solid Snake was shown off in SSBB? That, x100
:lol

Drakken

CrushDance said:
Respect -9999

What is that supposed to mean? Yeah he's married to someone from Nintendo. Guess he isn't credible anymore.

If you want to talk credibility look at those who do reviews and then jump the boat to specific companies and then claim they weren't biased in any way.

I'm not even sure why I'm arguing about this but it just seems so weird that some of you are pulling the "omgz" card when all you need to do is take a look around at other reviewers who all of the sudden had a career change.

At least Matt is doing his reviews and sticking to them.

He says stuff and never delivers and I'm highly doubting this Halo DS crap because Nintendo wouldn't even bother with it.

There's no need for everyone to get excited over this.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Halo DS would probably -- no, definitely -- be the biggest and funniest E3 moment in history. Only fitting it would be the last megaton in E3's short history.

Who exactly was supposedly developing this Halo DS anyway? It definitely wasn't Bungie. And Matt supposedly played it. Does not compute.

TDG

Banned
This guy is a fool. If this idiot told me the sky is blue, I'd know that the sky is many colors, none of which being blue.

super funk said:
If IGN was banned, how would we know if someone was typing IGN, ass, or poo. Oh wait, theyre all the same thing.

oh_snap.gif

sprsk

It's pretty silly though, why would they announce this AFTER E3?

Hey guys E3's over now let's announce the ****ing megaton of the century.

Krowley

sp0rsk said:

I don't think he's claiming it's still being developed.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be cancelled, but was in the works at one time and he actually got to play it and he thought it was the sweetest DS game ever.

Apparently he's got proof of that which he will use to pwn naysayers sometime after E3.

sprsk

Krowley said:
I don't think he's claiming it's still being developed.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be cancelled, but was in the works at one time and he actually got to play it.

Apparently he's got proof of that which he will use to pwn naysayers sometime after E3.

If this is the case, it's pretty pathetic.

TDG

Banned
sp0rsk said:

They don't want the Halo DS friend code swapping to get lost in the midst of E3.

Matt is an idiot and anyone that still believes his bullshit is equally stupid.

"Well guys theres a big announcement coming up but I can't tell you about it ehehehehe"

*two months later when Nintendo announces some random game*

"Yeah, it was SO hard not to tell you guys, i wanted to SO bad"

Effulgence said:
Matt is an idiot and anyone that still believes his bullshit is equally stupid.

"Well guys theres a big announcement coming up but I can't tell you about it ehehehehe"

*two months later when Nintendo announces some random game*

"Yeah, it was SO hard not to tell you guys, i wanted to SO bad"
:lol omg.

vertopci said:
A remake? Of a game that is barely 6 years old? Come on now :lol
Dragon Quest
Tales of Phantasia
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid
Conker's Bad Fur Day

It's far from unheard of.

Krowley

sp0rsk said:
If this is the case, it's pretty pathetic.

Yeah i kinda agree.

I actually think he probably saw it, but the whole thing is becoming sort of ridiculous.

But you gotta realize.. Game journalism is all about street cred, respect, showing you got the stones... Talking big and backing that sh*t up.

Matt's gotta prove that he's gangsta.

daemonic

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Can we ban Matt threads plz? He's so full of shit. Rich creamy shit.

Agreed. It's pretty annoying when he does this and stirs up all this talk everywhere. I guess that's what he wants though.

CamHostage

ant1532 said:
I used to be a somewhat Matt defense dude back in the day, but yeah, ok Matt, be quiet.

To be fair to Matt, the only reason he commented on it is because any time he writes about a DS game, the not-so-into-DS Nintendo fans go, "That's great and all, but what about Halo DS?"

Matt loves to create hype and see it roll, but it's mostly the rabble that do the hyping. Like this time, for instance. It's never coming, but he's talked about Halo DS a few times the same as Craig talked about it on his Pocket site. There was one story where he talked about it on his blog for whatever reason, and then once recently where he said something like he might be able to show some proof of it for those still curious. It's the message boards that say either "Matt confirms Halo DS!!!" or "Matt Spreading More Shit About Halo DS?!?!?!" that take things beyond, we're talking about a dead game here and he never said anything different or really post anything more than a sentence or two after that first blog entry.

Top Bottom