• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 - New Tech & Design Video Coming Tomorrow - 03/15

I'm surprised he didn't call it a Stranglehold rip off.

tumblr_lmeaq01e5O1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Everything else looks mint, but I agree with this. It just doesn't feel like it has any stylistic feel to it, thats my main problem with it.

Really? I feel it's pretty video gaming's equivalent to the Michael Mann and Tony Scott type of style films. It looks similar to Man on Fire visually as well as echoes of Collateral.

Man_on_Fire_1770793b.jpg

2601_1.jpg

cutscene.gif

Lunchbox

Banned
i like the south american environments

but alan wake still looks more like max payne than this max payne model. fuckers too gruff, bruce willis looking

Kinyou

i like the south american environments

but alan wake still looks more like max payne than this max payne model. fuckers too gruff, bruce willis looking
Do you mean the original Max Payne or the one from the second game? Because I think he looks pretty close to the one from the second, just a little more muscles mass, but also more out of shape.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...s-shotguns-new-screens-360degree-renders.html

3D Render and screen shots of the shotguns up

maxpayne3-weapon-shotguns-03-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-weapon-shotguns-02-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-weapon-shotguns-01-1280.jpg

New York Max looks pretty much like what an aged Max Payne would look like. Add on the beard, he's still what an aged Max Payne looks like... and then shave him, he looks like an aged Max with a bald head.

Asides from the weird facial expression he's making in the last shot.

Shout out to the original face! Constipation War Face 2.0!

Fjordson

I'm surprised some people don't like how this looks. I really like the visuals. Especially the character models. Probably the best R*'s done yet.

I'm not sure which is my favourite Max, collateral suit or bald with aviator shades from the last story trailer.

I'm surprised some people don't like how this looks. I really like the visuals. Especially the character models. Probably the best R*'s done yet.

I'm not sure which is my favourite Max, collateral suit or bald with aviator shades from the last story trailer.

The character models look great. Making the RAGE engine linear wields amazing results. I do love the visuals, Rockstar's done a great job with the mood and atmosphere.

Both are rocking for sure.

I can't see how someone wouldn't find this game visually impressive. It's gorgeous.

I know, definitely the most impressive character models Rockstar has ever made, environments look gorgeous, detail in every aspect of design...

I don't get how someone could say this looks awful.

derFeef

Officially jumped on the hype train. If you need some graphical help for the OT, NotTheGuyYouKill, send me pm or something.

It's never going to stop bugging me how slow the rounds go in the slow mo bullet follwing mode
You can see multiple rounds flying nearly side by side when he shoots his ak pattern rifle, but IRL the first round would be over 200ft away before the second one fired, not 200 centimeters away.
The reloads are nice though

It's never going to stop bugging me how slow the rounds go in the slow mo bullet follwing mode
You can see multiple rounds flying nearly side by side when he shoots his ak pattern rifle, but IRL the first round would be over 200ft away before the second one fired, not 200 centimeters away.
The reloads are nice though

Yeah, but this way just looks so much cooler.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hate it when Rockstar puts online trophies to their, and considering that the only game since GTA4 they've released that doesn't have online component is L.A. Noire, I have been pretty frustrated with trophies.

Well I hope that I am able to convince my friend of getting this game. That and I hope that getting to the best rank isn't as horrible as RDR or GTA4.

Everdred

Does anyone know if the exclusive GameStop cemetery level will be free for non GameStop purchasers?

"Pre-Order Max Payne 3 with GameStop and receive Exclusive Early Access to the Cemetery Multiplayer Map! "

Does anyone know if the exclusive GameStop cemetery level will be free for non GameStop purchasers?

"Pre-Order Max Payne 3 with GameStop and receive Exclusive Early Access to the Cemetery Multiplayer Map! "

Doubtful. You might get it free if you order from other retailers but I'm thinking you'll have to pay for it if you didn't get it free.

Way of the world nowadays. If you want it for free, you might strike it lucky and someone will give it away.

I just realized something... I've spent for more hours obsessing over the game than I will actually playing it when it comes out.

Whoaaaa

Fjordson

Being able to shoot while prone after a dive is going to be a really nice addition.

Started replaying Max Payne a few hours ago and I already have a few deaths because of waiting for the animation of Max getting back on his feet. Once you're about to hit the ground, you can't fire until you're standing again. Those few seconds are plenty of time for a one-shot death from enemies with shotguns.

Really? I feel it's pretty video gaming's equivalent to the Michael Mann and Tony Scott type of style films. It looks similar to Man on Fire visually as well as echoes of Collateral.

Man_on_Fire_1770793b.jpg

2601_1.jpg

cutscene.gif

Agreed. This game has a very "stylish realism" type of thing going on with the art direction. I think it's going to come across even better when you're playing in long sessions instead of cut up trailers, and Tech & Design videos.

willooi

Being able to shoot while prone after a dive is going to be a really nice addition.

Started replaying Max Payne a few hours ago and I already have a few deaths because of waiting for the animation of Max getting back on his feet. Once you're about to hit the ground, you can't fire until you're standing again. Those few seconds are plenty of time for a one-shot death from enemies with shotguns.

You could do that to some extent in MP2, not sure whether it was weapon-specific or not, but using the assault rifles and MP5 definitely let you still keep firing after a shootdodge while prone for a little bit. But fully, I love what R* have implemented.

FYI for those interested, we (Amazon) just put the PC Download for this game up for pre-order with the following offers:

1. "Max Payne 2" for free when you pre-order "Max Payne 3".
2. $10 off any of the 11 Rockstar Games available for download on Amazon.com. This makes LA Noire and GTA IV free if you pre order before 4/15 (both of these games are $5 until then)
3. Classic Multiplayer Character Pack
4. Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack
5. Pill Bottle item
6. Max Payne Retro Avatar
7. Amazon Exclusive Deadly Force Burst.

Note I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon Game Downloads - Full Disclosure

Would love to hear what the PC folks think about this pre-order offer

FYI for those interested, we (Amazon) just put the PC Download for this game up for pre-order with the following offers:

2. $10 off any of the 11 Rockstar Games available for download on Amazon.com. This makes LA Noire and GTA IV free if you pre order before 4/15 (both of these games are $5 until then)
5. Pill Bottle item

Neat.

XAL

5. Pill Bottle item

Steamworks?

MMMMMM Classic Multiplayer Character Pack you say....better than random gang/security members.
I'd die if Alfred Wooden in a wheelchair was one of the characters.

Steamworks?

MMMMMM Classic Multiplayer Character Pack you say....better than random gang/security members.
I'd die if Alfred Wooden in a wheelchair was one of the characters.

Holy shit that'd be hilarious.

"THE ONE EYED MAN IS KING, BITCHES!"

Then lets loose with a giant mini-gun.

Top Bottom