• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 - New Tech & Design Video Coming Tomorrow - 03/15

FYI for those interested, we (Amazon) just put the PC Download for this game up for pre-order with the following offers:

1. "Max Payne 2" for free when you pre-order "Max Payne 3".
2. $10 off any of the 11 Rockstar Games available for download on Amazon.com. This makes LA Noire and GTA IV free if you pre order before 4/15 (both of these games are $5 until then)
3. Classic Multiplayer Character Pack
4. Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack
5. Pill Bottle item
6. Max Payne Retro Avatar
7. Amazon Exclusive Deadly Force Burst.

Note I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon Game Downloads - Full Disclosure

Would love to hear what the PC folks think about this pre-order offer

steamworks??!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seems like this will be the PAL boxart

Aia91.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If true, damn it. I prefer this to the NA box art.

Yeah me too, but i couldn't care less for the cover since i already pre-ordered it on steam with a free copy of Max Payne 1 and 2 and Day 1 DLC so ...

Comparison
44444444dsufp.png

Both of those flags would be better boxarts. :/

The one on the left would be the absolute best choice. I hope R* releases it soon, I wanted to use it for the |OT| thread. I e-mailed and asked, they said pretty much "Maybe". So, fingers crossed!

Plus, if they release, someone make a GAF box art for it and we can print that out and use it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Both covers would be fine without the hideous random terrorist and girl. Ruins the whole thing...

If that Amazon deal is Steamworks, I know where I'm getting my preorder...

Fjordson

You could do that to some extent in MP2, not sure whether it was weapon-specific or not, but using the assault rifles and MP5 definitely let you still keep firing after a shootdodge while prone for a little bit. But fully, I love what R* have implemented.
Ah, okay. That makes sense, I replayed MP 2 last year and don't remember having that problem.

So many times where I'd need just one more shot, but Max lands and my guns lock up.

FYI for those interested, we (Amazon) just put the PC Download for this game up for pre-order with the following offers:

1. "Max Payne 2" for free when you pre-order "Max Payne 3".
2. $10 off any of the 11 Rockstar Games available for download on Amazon.com. This makes LA Noire and GTA IV free if you pre order before 4/15 (both of these games are $5 until then)
3. Classic Multiplayer Character Pack
4. Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack
5. Pill Bottle item
6. Max Payne Retro Avatar
7. Amazon Exclusive Deadly Force Burst.

Note I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon Game Downloads - Full Disclosure

Would love to hear what the PC folks think about this pre-order offer
That's a great package. Getting it on 360 myself (from you guys lol) but if I was playing PC I'd want to get that.

In MP2, you just had to hold down the fire button after landing from a dive to stay on the ground. Granted, this meant firing into thin air if no one was in your line of sight.

Also, just checked, I'm pre-ordering from Amazon UK, US gets pre-order bonuses, but we don't? What the fuck?

Presumably just the Steam version, a la L.A. Noire.

Steamworks?

MMMMMM Classic Multiplayer Character Pack you say....better than random gang/security members.
I'd die if Alfred Wooden in a wheelchair was one of the characters.

steamworks??!

Both covers would be fine without the hideous random terrorist and girl. Ruins the whole thing...

If that Amazon deal is Steamworks, I know where I'm getting my preorder...

True enough, but then I suppose there's too much empty space?

Ah, okay. That makes sense, I replayed MP 2 last year and don't remember having that problem.

So many times where I'd need just one more shot, but Max lands and my guns lock up.

That's a great package. Getting it on 360 myself (from you guys lol) but if I was playing PC I'd want to get that.

Hey there,

Glad you guys think the offer is compelling :) Our version is not Steamworks, however, the only Steamworks version will be distributed by Steam.

Sorry for the delay here, my alerts didn't go off for this thread for some reason :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Should I? :-/

I did, join the cool kids club.

That's a poor Collector's Edition if ever I've seen one. Only Hitman: Absolution one is worse.

What are you talking about? It's not bad. Cool statue, soundtrack (R* soundtracks are always killer), and the bullet key chain. As long the art prints are good, that's enough stuff to keep me happy.

DLC, I'm meh on that, but if I can play as MP2 Max online, then that's awesome.

There are worse CEs out there, I'm sure.

Fjordson

That's a poor Collector's Edition if ever I've seen one. Only Hitman: Absolution one is worse.
Whaa...that looks pretty dope I think. If those art prints aren't just throwaway then it'll definitely be worth it, IMO.

I really want it, but cash is a little tight lately. Think I'm just going to stick with the standard edition (and probably grab the soundtrack from Amazon).

GrayFoxPL

I didn't actually. I went and tried out the PC version which is pretty gosh darn awesome with mouse and keyboard! I managed to take a picture of the PS3 controls for you though!
resizedmp3s6yfn.png

In case you can't see that first 4, L2 is shoulder aim, L1 is weapon wheel, R2 is fire/melee(when close), and R1 is shoot dodge.

Jesus, I hope controls are customizable. I can't use L3.

Why 90% devs don't offer custom control mapping? So dumb and inexplainable.

unomas

Banned
I've got a $30 BB gift card from Christmas I still haven't used, MP3 might be worth the purchase. Looks intriguing.

Ciastek3214

I did, join the cool kids club.

What are you talking about? It's not bad. Cool statue, soundtrack (R* soundtracks are always killer), and the bullet key chain. As long the art prints are good, that's enough stuff to keep me happy.

DLC, I'm meh on that, but if I can play as MP2 Max online, then that's awesome.

There are worse CEs out there, I'm sure.

Maybe I'm spoiled by CD Projekt's quality CEs.

thewitcher2.jpg

Oh yeah.

Fjordson

CDPR puts together quality packages no doubt (love my enhanced edition on 360) but I don't think Max Payne 3's is too shabby compared to it. A lot of that stuff wouldn't make much sense in a non-fantasy game like this. Don't think anyone is dying for a map of Sao Paulo :lol. Or playing cards featuring "New York hoodlum #17".

Though a making of DVD would have been a great addition. It's unfortunate that R* is way too secretive to ever do one.

Gacha-pin

Jesus, I hope controls are customizable. I can't use L3.

Why 90% devs don't offer custom control mapping? So dumb and inexplainable.

In the BF3 beta, one of the dev asked if the testers like the control layout on twitter. I replied to him "just bring custom control mapping on consoles like PC" and he said it doen't work for console users. Apparently, Dev thinks console users are dumb :(

At least there is a southpaw layout layout in Max Payne 3, you can use R3 for crouch and prone...

Top Bottom