• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 - New Tech & Design Video Coming Tomorrow - 03/15

Wasn't Red Dead Redemption similarly brutal when it came to shooting people? I recall seeing chunks of people's faces missing after a well-placed headshot. Am I wrong?

Not at all my friend.

I vividly recall the baseball sized exit wounds I was leaving in people with a shot to the head

Fjordson

Man, the presentation is flawless. Can't believe they're able to transition in and out of cutscenes that smoothly.

I think it looks great, though I wonder if some of the visual effects will be a little too busy for some people. Lots of stuff going on during certain parts of that video.

The action looks as intense as the best parts of Hard Boiled. Wow!

Really looking forward to the multiplayer too - if the animations / gunplay in these videos are anything to go by it could be incredible.

Not too keen on the floating text. It just distracts you from the visuals (and you can already hear what they're saying, so it's pretty redundant). Hopefully there's an option to switch it off (yeah right).

MDSLKTR

Holy shit, best video of the game to date. Fuck Diablo 3, I know what i'm playing may 15
(for at least a couple days)

Angry Fork

Looks great for a spin-off. Not sure why they call it part 3 when it isn't canon. Clearly Max is on vacation.

Hopefully the PC version isn't terrible.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The gunplay looks fucking tight, but I hate the crosshairs and the subtitles. Hopefully both of those can be changed. All weapons should use the simple white dot.

iO8cxBiZ6YQl1.jpg

That bit felt more clunky for his internal monologues. Not a fan of that paneling style, feels more music video, a bit distracting. I haven't had a feeling that the writing has been to Sam Lake's work on Max Payne based on all the footage shown. Feels a bit lifeless.

The story feels so forced, especially how the franchise got its ending in Alan Wake as the late goodbye. But oh well, Remedy sold the rights, so that's their decision.

I did like the seamless transitions from cutscene to gameplay, at least it's no QTE.

MDSLKTR

The cinematics to gameplay transitions...
My favorite part in mgs4, i'm a sucker for those and mp3 seems to do it better (the hud is more discreet).

Anyone else can't see themselves playing a max payne game with a controller?

Okay, that is impressive.

I already know people will be bitching, but I LOVE the motion comic thing they did with the cutscenes.

It's truly unique, and I feel it's a true evolution of that style of storytelling.

My favorite part in mgs4, i'm a sucker for those and mp3 seems to do it better (the hud is more discreet).

Anyone else can't see themselves playing a max payne game with a controller?

Controller all the way for me. I just prefer the added weight and triggers, makes it feel more like I'm using an actual weapon.

Man, the animations, gunplay and transistions look brilliant.

jett

D-Member
R* sure knows how to sell a game.

I think the cinematic stuff is a cool idea but the execution is not that great, some of the the visual effects looked pretty rough. Overall for me the graphics have this rough quality to me, to be honest.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
This is the kind of game where framerate really matters when it comes to providing a seamless, visceral experience. Any chugging kills it for me, and based off that video, it looks like the game will dip below 30fps frequently on consoles.

PC all the way for this one.

Looks really good! still wish it was a new game. The Max Payne name turns me off, even though I loved the old ones.

weird I know.

S1kkZ

This is the kind of game where framerate really matters when it comes to providing a seamless, visceral experience. Any chugging kills it for me, and based off that video, it looks like the game will dip below 30fps frequently on consoles.

PC all the way for this one.

rockstars gameplay videos always have that weird stutter, dont know why they cant do better.

Simo

Great video. Liking the motion comics, the text pop in doesn't bother me but the overuse of the visual effects could get annoying. Either way I'd prefer it this way than having a break and using the old comic panels.

The transitions though are awesome especially how it goes from the helicopter in Sao Paulo to a bar in New Jersey with no hitch and loading.

60 days man...

KalBalboa

Banned
This will beone if those great games everyone wants to watch you play through together. I can't wait for this one- 2012 has been a great year already and Max is going to be tough to beat for me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This looks to be one of those games that's simply fun to play. Can't frigging wait.

UrbanRats

I agree with Messofanego about the writing (in that bit), it feels less natural than before, but everything else looks amazing.
I don't know why they want to stick with the comicbook gimmick while going for more classic cinematics, though.
Just go full on cinematic and do your own thing, it'll feel more natural.

ok yeah that looks pretty damn good. those transitions aren't anything new, but they seem to be very well made and just look plain awesome.

sucks that i'm close to 100% bored with shooters though :/

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Looking great. I dont care about story, acting, levelling, conversation trees, exploring or whatever.

I just want to shoot people in the face.

My only choice? If I shoot them in the face in slowmo or not.

Looking great. I dont care about story, acting, levelling, conversation trees, exploring or whatever.

I just want to shoot people in the face.

My only choice? If I shoot them in the face in slowmo or not.

they say there are quieter moments in the game... so i think it's not the game for you. you should skip it.

Top Bottom