• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 - New Tech & Design Video Coming Tomorrow - 03/15

Simo

Fuck. That is so badass. Can't wait to play this.

I know right? I love how the music shifts and Max just goes running in there guns blazing while the tech guy behind drops his hands like "Where the fuck is he going?!"

Another thing I'm digging is that while his narration is very much like the narration in the first two games, low-key and deadpan in a way, McCaffrey's actual deliver in scenes with other characters while speaking dialogue actually seems to be much more natural. In the first two games, for the most part, Max was very reserved and deadpan, even while speaking to others (though not always). This time around, he seems to be cutting more loose, much more naturalistic delivery.

Big improvement. When I loaded up the first game for the first time in like 9 years last month before stopping got the GAF reply I forgot just how bad the graphic novel scenes were. I mean, nothing against McCaffrey but the way he delivered the lines so monotone and the panels shown, emotionally never really matched up making them ludicrously bad at times.

You know I'm starting to like the font they used for the graphic novel scenes the more I see it.

My only beef was the font, but really, I'm starting to like it now.

I know right? I love how the music shifts and Max just goes running in there guns blazing while the tech guy behind drops his hands like "Where the fuck is he going?!"

Ha, funny touch.

Big improvement. When I loaded up the first game for the first time in like 9 years last month before stopping got the GAF reply I forgot just how bad the graphic novel scenes were. I mean, nothing against McCaffrey but the way he delivered the lines so monotone and the panels shown, emotionally never really matched up making them ludicrously bad at times.

It's part of the charm, I always thought it was really good.

You know I'm starting to like the font they used for the graphic novel scenes the more I see it.

My only beef was the font, but really, I'm starting to like it now.

Same here.

RECKONING

maxpayne3_maxartworkReckoning_640x400.jpg

Full size WPs at Rockstar's site

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/22531/max-payne-3-original-artwork-reckoning.html

Another neat possibility for the cover

maxpayne3_reckoning_640x960.jpg

Simo

Awesome. Kind of surprised they haven't released the cover art in wallpaper format when usually the would of done so by now.

The new issue of GamesTM has a 2 page preview including new screens and they got to play and see 2 levels including the football stadium and a new area that we've seen in Trailer #2 and the recent Design & Tech video but I'll spoiler quote it anyway...
As Payne wakes up in the gutters of the Favela, battered and bruised after being mugged, he finds himself unarmed in a hostile environment with a price on his head. Quickly, this disorientating locale becomes a blood pumping exercise in sustained tension.

Max's failed interactions with Portuguese-speaking locals are communicated to the player through the lack of subtitles, the tautness racking up as the line between friend and foe is blurred among the ramshackle houses and desolate slums. Naturally, before long, another frantic and acrobatic gunfight ensues.

Still not convinced on this one.

Rockstar has always done janky movement and combat, and while these videos give me some hope I'd still like to see a decent length gameplay video (without cuts and edits every 2 seconds) to see how well we can actually maneuver and fire.

Awesome. Kind of surprised they haven't released the cover art in wallpaper format when usually the would of done so by now.

The new issue of GamesTM has a 2 page preview including new screens and they got to play and see 2 levels including the football stadium and a new area that we've seen in Trailer #2 and the recent Design & Tech video but I'll spoiler quote it anyway...

Ha that sounds awesome... and sickly funny
that Max gets mugged! Must be that bit in the second trailer where someone pistol whips the shades off his face, I guess?

Digging your avatar update.

Simo

Ha that sounds awesome... and sickly funny
that Max gets mugged! Must be that bit in the second trailer where someone pistol whips the shades off his face, I guess?

Digging your avatar update.

Cheers! One of the new screens from GamesTM. :)

Yeah it's that scene plus you can see some more in the last Design & Tech where
Max is walking around, passing the guys behind the fence and going up to the table of folks to ask for information.

Branokil

Neo Member
This is a game that i will most likely get it on steam. It will have multiplayer capabilities as well, from what i've read on wikipedia. Max payne 1 and 2 were games that i just wanted to play as a kid. A few years later i got to play them, and now i have them on steam. :)
Those pictures of max payne shooting while in the air look badass. Loved the youtube clip.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Loved the original, never got around to the second, considering the third.

When's the latest I can preorder the collectors' edition? I heard you have until April to get your order in.

Simo

When's the latest I can preorder the collectors' edition? I heard you have until April to get your order in.

April 2nd.

I mean, I have mine preordered and paid off but I wish Rockstar would show us a little more from the package.

sflufan

Banned

For the love of all that is holy, please get around to playing the second NOW!

zkylon

zkylewd
I just realized that the "ripple" TV effect on the logo font is reminiscent of the trail effect of bullets in slow-mo. Don't know if it's intentional, but I think that's pretty cool.

Any GAFfers win the Tombstone competition?

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ino-raymond-lum-lee-merryman-the-three-s.html

Congratulations to the three lucky Social Club members who will each get their name etched into a tombstone in Max Payne 3's Cemetery multiplayer map for all to see online: Lee Merryman (FuzzyBigVito), Raymond Lum (1-800-BOOK-HIM) and Vincenzo D’Agostino (vince_42069) as part of our Get Caught Dead in the Max Payne 3 Cemetary online event.

We're especially happy to see good old Vinny (aka @VinnyNasty on Twitter) getting a chance to be represented in the game as he was a very active participant and strong contender in the #MaxPayne3 casting event we held earlier this year. Having been chosen at random amongst thousands of entrants, we're glad to see the luck of the draw on the side of one of our most long-time Social Club members and hardcore Max Payne fans.

Speaking of the #MaxPayne3 Twitter gang cast of characters - stay tuned as we should be revealing how they look in the game within the next week...

cemetery319.jpg

Simo

55 days...I feel like I'm back in January again counting down to the March release...

So who is going to start the GAF Replay thread for Max Payne and Max Payne 2 in April?!

Simo

EDGE also has a nice 2 page preview with a few new screens. They also got to play the new section in the Favelas that included the Bullet Time sequence with the chain from the last Design & Tech video.

I guess the quote from the official site comes from that section...
"First day off the sauce and I'd still somehow ended up in the gutters."

...or something like that.

55 days...I feel like I'm back in January again counting down to the March release...

So who is going to start the GAF Replay thread for Max Payne and Max Payne 2 in April?!

I dunno. What's involved in it?

EDGE also has a nice 2 page preview with a few new screens. They also got to play the new section in the Favelas that included the Bullet Time sequence with the chain from the last Design & Tech video.

I guess the quote from the official site comes from that section...

...or something like that.

I lol'd.

Fjordson

The quotes on the official site are great. Going to be some classic Max narration up in this piece.

"This town had more smoke and mirrors than a strip club locker room."

:lol

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...-multiplayer-gang-characters-cast-from-t.html

First look at what the multiplayer competition winners look like

In January, we announced the eight lucky people that were selected from our exclusive Twitter casting-call to have their likenesses appear as playable characters in Max Payne 3's multiplayer. You've already seen the photo mugshots of this handsome gang of online assassins, but today we can reveal exactly how they will look in-game. Behold the #MaxPayne3 gang.

In the selection of shots above, the gun-toting group of digitized incarnations can be seen in action at several of Max Payne 3's multiplayer maps each of which are based on levels from the single-player game story - including the docks on the Tietê River, the favelas, and the São Paulo bus depot.

Congratulations once again to our international set of cast members.
Harald Fraenkel (@HaraldFraenkel) from Germany whose mohawk and menacing glare have made it through intact...
Radio DJ Dave Wheeler (@Wheelerj28) from Winnipeg, Canada, looking sharp and poised for action...
Alexis "Lou" (@Alexisssx3) from Southern California, with her fiery red short-cropped hair...
Elvis (@ElvisMarques) ready to represent for his home of Brazil...
Artist Shohei (@hakuchitare) from Japan with his distinctive hairstyle slicked back and shaved on the sides making for a mean looking killer...
Hamish (@SilentHamish) from Australia who as expected has come off looking a convincing action hero...
Jaclyn (@jaclynejimenez) from the NYC area as a no-nonsense, tough yet feminine guerilla solider...
and Nick (@TwisBeats) of London whose unique braided beard has been faithfully re-created - here posed in a dignified grey suit...

Keep in mind that the Max Payne 3 online multiplayer avatar selector is customizable, so you will be able to dress these guys up in a vast variety of ensembles as you tailor your character's look (and weaponry) before going online and brutalizing the competition.

We'll be revealing more of Max Payne 3's multiplayer including details on avatar and loadout selections in the coming weeks here at the Rockstar Newswire...

maxayne3-multiplayer-1-640.jpg

maxayne3-multiplayer-2-640.jpg

maxayne3-multiplayer-3-640.jpg

maxayne3-multiplayer-4-640.jpg

maxayne3-multiplayer-5-640.jpg

maxayne3-multiplayer-6-640.jpg

I shoulda tried out for this contest. I would have looked the most out of place, but it it woulda been awesome.

Wonder if Max will kill all these people in the SP.

Simo

They did a pretty awesome job with their likenesses. Interesting bit is that you can customize your own avatar in the uniform and gear they're wearing so....Collateral Simo is gonna get ya'!

...minus the scarf of course.

I love these videos, so detailed and informative. Can't wait for Max Payne 3. R* are truly the gods of 3rd party publishers/devs.

Top Bottom