• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Hex

Banned
Weren't we hearing more stories about AJ and Nakamura being in rough shape when they were in NJPW as opposed to now?

Omega took good time off after WK, it was most of the point.
Nak also was able to step away. He had back problems but in the E it would have been 20 times worse I would say.

What is the gimmick? It was Matt with a wierd accent.

Did were ever sue TNA over this?

tumblr_mhf6z0kWmg1qzx70zo1_500.png
Someone needs to be sued for that shit.

somedevil

What exactly does TNA own? The accent? The streak in Matt's hair? The word delete?

Not sure what TNA has that weekend would be in trouble for doing.

The gimmick and character rights aka Broken Matt and Brother Nero.

Each side says they own the rights so lawyers have been negotiating over it.

Is that going to be one of their themed shows? Like the Last Chance SmackDown or whatever it was called

Yeah, they are advertising it as a "Triple Main Event". But it's weird because it'll also be the go-home show for MITB.

Omega took good time off after WK, it was most of the point.
Nak also was able to step away. He had back problems but in the E it would have been 20 times worse I would say.

My point is that towards the end of his NJPW run, we heard a lot about AJ having back problems popping up, and he immediately went from that to a full-time WWE schedule and we haven't heard a peep about any injury problems with him.

At the very least, it suggests the style/schedule combo is no more intense on the body than NJPW.

Nakamura is a filthy turncoat who single-handedly destroyed Stardom with his meddling

Wasn't just him. He only recruited Hojo. Funaki recruited Shirai.

Toki767

I like how the Japanese commentators treat this like a sport like NJPW.

But even they can't hide how bored they are by Ziggler's offense.

The NJPW travel schedule isn't super tough due to far less traveled distance , and unlike WWE New Japan provides transportation. But the style is much harder on the body.

That's my point though. With NJPW, the style is harder but the schedule is easier. With WWE, the schedule is harder but the style is easier.

I think overall in terms of how healthy each is it's probably a wash.

Dthomp

Vinces desperation to be seen as anything more then what they are is truly pathetic with these "headlines" from news outlets

Please tell me they will somehow get Jinder to enter on the back of an elephant. I'll take him being carried by Big Show wearing all gray and a comical trunk on his nose.

Majukun

so they can go with

the boring option: corbin
the underdog option: zayn
the phenomenal option : aj styles
the novelty option: nakamura
the what the hell are they thinking option: ziggler

Dthomp

so they can go with

The only real option is the greatest US champion of our time RUSEV

Hex

Banned
so they can go with

Ziggler has videos of Vince with some of the talent or something because otherwise I just do not get it.

Majukun

The only real option is the greatest US champion of our time RUSEV

i can't really see rusev with the briefcase...aj would be incredible, but they will probably give it to either corbin or nakamura in an attempt to put it in the spotlight immediately without giving him an actual title before he can manage it.

lol Smackdown... Maybe I'll watch in the morning if the reviews here are positive.

That's going to be interesting... If anyone is taking a big bump it'll probably be Ellsworth assuming Carmella isn't going against Naomi.
In a slightly unrelated discussion, Meltz has a point when he said that Dunne could be a big money heel on the main roster. Dude's got the IT factor in spades, I could see him wrestling Balor and Seth and the like.
Shame Vince is still in charge.

For example, if I had a chance to make 20 years worth of NJPW money in 5 or less years at WWE, especially where my matches will be boring, but safer? I'd go for it.

This is largely up for debate as the schedule of WWE is way more demanding. Which is why we have the whole "work rate injuries" debate where guys are working more and harder, but injuries are up.

Tagyhag

This is largely up for debate as the schedule of WWE is way more demanding. Which is why we have the whole "work rate injuries" debate where guys are working more and harder, but injuries are up.

Yeah Seph made me realize that. I think it depends on how much you are actually getting paid at WWE but I completely understand why it's an attractive offer. Especially if you're a westerner who's living in Japan.

Of course, the situation is different with someone like Omega who loves Japanese stuff and hasn't settled down with a family yet.

Top Bottom