• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Tagyhag

If Omega was smart he would avoid WWE, he doesn't need them.

It all depends on the money to be honest.

For example, if I had a chance to make 20 years worth of NJPW money in 5 or less years at WWE, especially where my matches will be boring, but safer? I'd go for it.

Omega obviously cares more about his image, but he's getting up there in years, eventually he'll have to think about settling down.

Look at AJ for example, dude may have taken the cash, but he's still putting out good matches and he can provide much better for his family now.

WWE is pushing AJ Styles and Finn Balor as top guys.

There's no way anyone can reasonably predict who will and won't be pushed anymore.

I'm pretty AJ doesn't get paid 2 million dollars a year.

We know he makes more than anyone in New Japan. Meltzer said as much a few days ago.

Sephzilla

It all depends on the money to be honest.

For example, if I had a chance to make 20 years worth of NJPW money in 5 or less years at WWE, especially where my matches will be boring, but safer? I'd go for it.

Omega obviously cares more about his image, but he's getting up there in years, eventually he'll have to think about settling down.

Look at AJ for example, dude may have taken the cash, but he's still putting out good matches and he can provide much better for his family now.

Your # of days worked and travel would go up tremendously though, which really negates any "safer match" benefits you'd get in WWE

Hex

Banned
You got owensisnowbanned's spot due to his wellness violation.

Triple-H-Mean.png

Owens screwed Owens.
Why would you want that drama on you.

AJ's been insanely successful in the WWE, probably more then he ever would expected to have happen to him when he signed up for it. Not sure he'd turn Kenny away especially when Triple H would probably toss big bucks at him and the well, Bucks.

If Omega was smart he would avoid WWE, he doesn't need them.

I do not disagree with you or anyone else who said he should stay away. I wouldn't want him here after seeing the product we have got with the most loaded roster ever.

Im just saying he was a game changer, if they allowed him to be.

Sephzilla

I honestly don't think Kenny Omega would be a game changer in WWE. He wouldn't even be the biggest NJPW star to jump from Japan to WWE. That title already goes to either Nakamura or AJ Styles. With all due respect I think people oversell how big Omega is in the US.

Hex

Banned
WWE is pushing AJ Styles and Finn Balor as top guys.

There's no way anyone can reasonably predict who will and won't be pushed anymore.

We know he makes more than anyone in New Japan. Meltzer said as much a few days ago.

The catch is though, that NJPW guys have 99% of their merch sales, can take a weekend and work some shows somewhere and make a couple of grand on merch and signings.
There is money here________
And there is money here _____________ under the table or other sources.
AJ is definitely going to make money, but the schedule will take its toll.

Beefy

I honestly don't think Kenny Omega would be a game changer in WWE. He wouldn't even be the biggest NJPW star to jump from Japan to WWE. That title already goes to either Nakamura or AJ Styles. With all due respect I think people oversell how big Omega is in the US.

Waits for Heroman......

The catch is though, that NJPW guys have 99% of their merch sales, can take a weekend and work some shows somewhere and make a couple of grand on merch and signings.
There is money here________
And there is money here _____________ under the table or other sources.
AJ is definitely going to make money, but the schedule will take its toll.

Weren't we hearing more stories about AJ and Nakamura being in rough shape when they were in NJPW as opposed to now?

That's because he wouldn't. He'd be a niche star and nothing more. Tommy End has more of an up sode to him than Omega and you're going to see that in 2 years from now.

Why would Nakamura tell people to stay away? Dude get paid a bunch to do less moves than ever.

Yeah, I called out Nakamura/Ziggler for being a WWE match but I can't blame Nakamura for not going all out on a B-tier PPV, no need to kill yourself considering your travel time is already way up.

He'll join WWE in a few years.

Kenny Omega's probably debuting in the WWE next year if he doesn't win the belt at Wrestle Kingdom. I can see WWE going all out to sign him

Bronx-Man

Banned
In a slightly unrelated discussion, Meltz has a point when he said that Dunne could be a big money heel on the main roster. Dude's got the IT factor in spades, I could see him wrestling Balor and Seth and the like.

Heroman

Banned
In Japan OMEGA is a bigger star then aj, him leaving would be a massive blow to Njpw

Yeah, I called out Nakamura/Ziggler for being a WWE match but I can't blame Nakamura for not going all out on a B-tier PPV, no need to kill yourself considering your travel time is already way up
The thing is with all the matches to give a shit for, his in ring main roster debut was the top priority.

In a slightly unrelated discussion, Meltz has a point when he said that Dunne could be a big money heel on the main roster. Dude's got the IT factor in spades, I could see him wrestling Balor and Seth and the like.
Dunne could be Edge tier heel. He has the look, the move set, and the personality. He's top 5 right now on the entire roster for me. I feel in love with him the first time FlammableD showed me some of his footage.

Really? Dude shouldve went all out curtain jerking with Dolph Ziggler, the match of his life.

You only get one chance to make a good first impression

Say whatever you want about Styles' first feud being with Jericho, but as much as I hate Styles, he did his best to keep people interested in each match there

That was the point I was making. Sorry I phrased it bad.

I got your point, I was being sarcastic. I don't think anything Nakamura would've done against Ziggler would've matter. Even if he dragged him to a 4-star classic and busted up Ziggler's nose, it's still fucking Dolph Ziggler.

God help us all if that feud actually continues tonight.

You only get one chance to make a good first impression

Say whatever you want about Styles' first feud being with Jericho, but as much as I hate Styles, he did his best to keep people interested in each match there

The only thing I remember from that first match was Jericho kicking out of the Styles Clash.

Meltzer mentioned today that Nordholm was basically telling a half-truth about the Broken thing. When Nordholm said WWE had no interest, it's because WWE doesn't have interest in leasing the gimmick from TNA. They want to buy it outright once the Hardy/TNA legal stuff is settled.

So, as usual, TNA management is full of shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Your # of days worked and travel would go up tremendously though, which really negates any "safer match" benefits you'd get in WWE

I don't know that this is true. Most house show matches are safe and not very long.

Zach

A mixture of no proper access and figuring a weeks' wait between episodes is better than the fortnight a bunch of people are now going to have to do.

But that's why I'll probably start watching the original series again!

Also I'm going to New Orleans on Monday, so that'll help pass time. :D

I think it was the Roman feud that fully convinced Vince to give AJ a big push. He clearly had some hope for him beforehand by giving him two straight main events against Roman which resulted in two great matches and then after he went right into the Cena feud and then to the world title.

I got your point, I was being sarcastic. I don't think anything Nakamura would've done against Ziggler would've matter. Even if he dragged him to a 4-star classic and busted up Ziggler's nose, it's still fucking Dolph Ziggler.

God help us all if that feud actually continues tonight.
Right, my bad!

SD matches tonight

*Kevin Owens & Dolph Ziggler vs. AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura.

*A multi-woman match to determine who challenges Naomi at Money in the Bank.

That first match could be fire. That's a dream team.

Ziggler and Nakamura
are going to fight forever aren't they. No wonder the first match was subdued. They have 6 more to go

Ziggler and Nakamura
are going to fight forever aren't they. No wonder the first match was subdued. They have 6 more to go

No need to tag that. We already know Nakamura and Ziggler are having a rematch. It's advertised for the June 13th SD in NOLA along with Owens vs. Styles and Jinder vs. Orton.

What exactly does TNA own? The accent? The streak in Matt's hair? The word delete?

Not sure what TNA has that weekend would be in trouble for doing.

In theory, if the Hardys had a standard TNA contract, then TNA owns every part of the gimmick that was created when they were under TNA contract. So all the names and likenesses and stories of the various people involved.

Top Bottom