• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

somedevil

Wait a second. Who's gonna be the sixth woman in that MitB match?

Naomi is the champion, so she's out.

That leaves us with only five women. Charlotte, Becky, Natalya, Carmella, and Tamina. So they'll have to do a five person match.

Oh wait.... Lana.

I think they can get two matches out it. Naomi vs ? and then have a 5 person money in the bank. People fear for Sasha but imagine Lana jumping off a ladder.

Zach

oh9BVOo.png

UberTag

Jinder not even bad in the ring. He's not dangerous in the ring like Sasha or mis-times spots like Bayley. His moveset is just vanilla like Balor.
Doesn't get hurt all the time like Balor.
Doesn't hurt others all the time like Rollins.
Seems to me he's the Indo-Canadian Total Package.

wwe_superstar_-_jinder_mahal_9_1495348964_725x725.jpg

Monday's WWE Raw television show averaged 2.615 million viewers. Viewership was down from the 2.751 million average from last week.

A new low viewership total for Raw in 2017. The first hour of Raw averaged 2.661 million viewers. Hour two drew 2.759 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 2.425 million viewers.

Down, down, down.

That final hour is ouch.

There's probably no causation here, but it's worth noting that a high percentage of the second hour (which had the highest average) was the Finn stuff (the Heyman promo and his match).

Every time it continues to drop, I wonder what the tipping point is where we'll see legit major changes. Like Vince can spin the rhetoric all he wants about how ratings don't matter, but even he at a certain point will break, even if it takes USA coming down on them. And when Vince breaks, heads roll.

I wonder if it's falling below two million viewers.

Fox318

Every time it continues to drop, I wonder what the tipping point is where we'll see legit major changes. Like Vince can spin the rhetoric all he wants about how ratings don't matter, but even he at a certain point will break, even if it takes USA coming down on them. And when Vince breaks, heads roll.

Tipping point is USA deciding they should move on.

TNT has built their network and brand around sports like the NBA. With NBC's relationship with the NHL its shocked me that they haven't tried to market a game of the week or have a personalty based show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If the WWE did a MITB match for the Men and Women at the PPV... there isn't much of a roster left for the rest of the card.

Charlotte/Becky/Tamina/Carmella/Natalya
Zayn/Nakamura/Ziggler/Owens/Styles/Corbin
Mahal v. Orton
Tye Dillinger in a random match against some jobber
Fashion Police v. Usos again

MITB matches are pretty fucking long anyways.

TNT has built their network and brand around sports like the NBA. With NBC's relationship with the NHL its shocked me that they haven't tried to market a game of the week or have a personalty based show.

They won't. They'll probably give WWE an increase. You have to realize WWE's ratings prop USA up as a network because ratings for everything have been tanking. They don't have anything that draws anything like WWE numbers.

Women's MITB is awesome.

Becky is the former stuntswoman so my money is on her being the one who takes the big spot. Charlotte or Becky probably wins it, and either or gets the belt to set up their match for Summerslam.

Sephzilla

The panic button is when Raw isn't USA's highest rated Monday night show. Vince is lucky that USA hasn't been able to find another hit show.

USA will never move on. WWE is still the highest rated thing they have by a large margin. Even falling below two million wouldn't change that.

SD matches tonight

*Kevin Owens & Dolph Ziggler vs. AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura.

*A multi-woman match to determine who challenges Naomi at Money in the Bank.

That first match could be fire. That's a dream team.

Zach

Man, reading through the Twin Peaks thread. People are annoying. So much "calling it" and "this is not what I want!" or "this will go down as David Lynch's greatest work!"

I mean, you guys are like an hour into an 18-hour series. Relax.

AHAHAHAHAHAH

5 YEARS BOYS

Does the five-year prediction begin anew every time you post "5 YEARS" or wha? Maybe you should start a countdown clock.

Ithil

Isn't every episode of Raw the lowest of 2017?

Would you prefer The Fabulous Moolah?

The Cruiserweight Classic did just fine not being named the Eddie Guerrero Classic, the UK Tournament wasn't the Johnny Saint Classic. They could just go Women's Classic or whatever.
The Dusty Rhodes Classic makes sense because Dusty was integral to NXT from the beginning, it's a memorial for him.

The dream is Summer Rae gets brought in for MITB.

SD matches tonight

*Kevin Owens & Dolph Ziggler vs. AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura.

*A multi-woman match to determine who challenges Naomi at Money in the Bank.

That first match could be fire. That's a dream team.
Natalya or Carmella probably.

Top Bottom