• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to May's OT2. Since this is a smaller OT due to June not being that far away (Power of June) - this is going to be a little different.

e8XeYKX.jpg

6ahg4Lq.jpg

o2JVjZQ.jpg

9b3i7cc.jpg

MeyObUe.jpg

5AVVKYD.jpg

The Great Muta looks poised to become a breakout star in America. Sting is firing on all cylinders, Lex Luger is powerful as fuck in that chair and has the TORTURE RACK and never underestimate Sid - provided he stays healthy, he's great on the mic and has a exceptional physique.

hLOaM5L.jpg

Also, in the present-day, keep an eye out for NJPW's upcoming show - on 5/25 we have:

i7J2ElE.jpg

1. Road to BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. XXI: Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Mascara Dorada & El Desperado vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Alex Shelley, KUSHIDA & BUSHI
2. Special 8 Man Tag Match: Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
3. NWA World Tag Team Title – 3 Way Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Rob Conway & Wes Brisco
4. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
5. Special Singles Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale
6. Wrestling vs. Jiu-jitsu MMA Fight: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Rolles Gracie
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
8. IWGP Tag Team Title #1 Contenders Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title – Wrestling vs. Jiu-jitsu MMA Fight: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Daniel Gracie
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Winner of AJ Styles/Michael Elgin (5/17) (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada

Order this show with Japanese commentary here:
http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

CHIKARA also is putting on a show on 5/25, looks to be good:

7gLxKJl.jpg

1) Main Event: For the Grand Championship of CHIKARA!
Icarus [Challenger] vs. Eddie Kingston [Champion]

2) Four Corner Elimination Tag Team Match!
Scott Parker/Shane Matthews vs. 17/deviANT vs. Jigsaw/The Shard vs. ?

3) Clash of the Titans!
Archibald Peck vs. Jimmy Jacobs

4) Six-Man Mayhem!
The Batiri vs. Sinn Bodhi & his Odditorium

5) A Titanic Trios Contest!
The Spectral Envoy vs. Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes

6) Sweet vs. Sour!
Jervis Cottonbelly vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado

7) First Time Ever!
The Colony vs. The Colony: Xtreme Force

Order at http://www.chikarapro.com/ - show looks to be a lot of fun!

Now let's get out there and HOOK EM UP!
zmnzFkF.jpg

Elgin does have a bit of Pilkington about him around the fivehead/eye area. Spooky.

Still, Karl > Elgin.

Also, reposting for the new page - read it! This Shibata vs Tanahashi could be something really special if they play it right;

http://yottsumepuroresu.blogspot.ie/2014/05/njpw-katsuyori-shibata-talks-about-his.html?m=1

MkDj0Jl.jpg

Oh, and the Okada/Styles confrontation at the press conference;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xduoSrulEk0

Looking at the name plate at the bottom of the belt, it appears as if they haven't bothered to remove Okada's name.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's exciting because it's one of the few recent NJPW matchups that feels like two guys who legit don't like each other.

Watching the Orton Doc on the network right now. Cenabot interacting with Orton who has his kid in the back is hilariously awkward.

I know Orton has since got divorced but hopefully he still has the ability to see his kid a lot. His interaction with his daughter is pretty touching. He's a interesting dude.

strobogo

Banned
Dudes, I STILL don't feel right from my drinking on Sunday night/Monday morning. I still have the heavy limbs and weird fizzy head. And no energy. And a tinge of nausea. For 5 straight days.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dudes, I STILL don't feel right from my drinking on Sunday night/Monday morning. I still have the heavy limbs and weird fizzy head. And no energy. And a tinge of nausea. For 5 straight days.

Your body has gone straight edge on you.

From one vanilla midget to an even more vanilla midget

Who do you care? It's not like you'd be watching either way.

I've only seen two PWG shows, but Cole seems far from vanilla there.

Yeah, he's a lot of fun in PWG and has improved his character in ROH, but I still think he got both titles too early. The ROH belt especially. He needs to learn to slow things down, especially when he's working as a heel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't even drink that much. It's like my body said FUCK YOU ASSHOLE KNOCK THIS SHIT OFF and decided to punish me. Can you suddenly develop an intolerance to alcohol?

Yes. Could be diet related, eating anything new? Or are you drinking something different?

strobogo

Banned
No to both. I didn't do it for about 2 weeks and then it started me making me feel super anxious and terrible for days after.

Sblargh

Banned
I didn't even drink that much. It's like my body said FUCK YOU ASSHOLE KNOCK THIS SHIT OFF and decided to punish me. Can you suddenly develop an intolerance to alcohol?

This is a long hangover, you actually have been drunk nonstop for the last 10 years, so once you stopped drinking for that week, all the hangovers combined into one super shitty feeling.

Must have missed this, from the Observer;

"Gedo & Jado were very impressed with Adam Cole at the two shows, and it looks like they are going to bring him in."

More vanilla midgets in mah New Japan. In all seriousness, good news for Cole, a few tours of Japan could do him the world of good.

Because I used to watch PWG and would like to watch it again if the roster was interesting instead of just 'slightly goofy' ROH that it's become?

The roster always has been and always will be a collection of who's popular on the indies at present (plus Joey Ryan) and they've always paced shows at 100mph with every match trying to out-do the last. If anything, the overall quality of PWG shows is better now than it was even back in the mid-'00's.

strobogo

Banned
Must have missed this, from the Observer;

"Gedo & Jado were very impressed with Adam Cole at the two shows, and it looks like they are going to bring him in."

More vanilla midgets in mah New Japan. In all seriousness, good news for Cole, a few tours of Japan could do him the world of good.

The roster always has been and always will be a collection of who's popular on the indies at present (plus Joey Ryan) and they've always paced shows at 100mph with every match trying to out-do the last. If anything, the overall quality of PWG shows is better now than it was even back in the mid-'00's.

They could really use SOME pacing. PWG shows are so exhausting.

They could really use SOME pacing. PWG shows are so exhausting.

Yeah, I agree - it's very rarely that I'll watch a whole PWG DVD in one sitting. Even the multi-man openers with random so-cal guys no one's heard of turn into insane sprints - you can easily see why the crowd gets burned out sometimes. Last night's show sounded like a prime example; your typical crazy PWG show, capped off by a far slower paced submissions match.

strobogo

Banned
Fuck Jason Hervey. Why on earth did anyone in WCW think that people gave a shit about him even sitting in the crowd? Let alone getting involved in storylines. Maybe if they had Fred Savage running shit, people would have cared. But not Jason Hervey.

ibro7SACWKyhFR.gif

I feel like Paul could bring back the cell phone gimmick, since they keep getting bigger and bigger. Maybe he could start braining dudes with iPads.

Top Bottom