• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

I still think WWE has a water level of baseline viewers that will basically watch it no matter what. We saw that with TNA on Spike for years. It's just a matter of if that baseline is high enough that it keeps them afloat at any major level.

Worst case for WWE is that they get little to no TV money and have to scale back to basically an NXT formula where they run small buildings during most of the year and then big shows each quarter in arena sizes. They aren't going completely out of business anytime soon.

Sephzilla

vlLygCr.jpg

tumblr_inline_nubs6d3TcI1si2tzz_500.gif

giphy.gif

Foggy

Even with WWE as low as it is, only like two or three things beat Raw and SD every week on cable, and USA is not getting live sports (other then I guess they could show hockey) so basically their only chance is to endlessly crank out reality TV and hope one of them hits. That's not a formula for success. Especially not if they alternative is something that draws 2.5 million viewers twice a week.

Now I know USA and WWE split costs to do Raw and Smackdown every week so it's not like USA is stuck holding the bill, but I can imagine your Dumpster Dive Auctions or Monkey Bachelor or Climbing For Dollars type of programming costs significantly less. It's another part of the equation. Also there's no glimmer of hope for syndication with WWE. Or piggybacking off of reruns.

I personally don't think WWE is leaving USA or approaching DEATH or anything as dramatic as that. But they are approaching a deadline where their greatest revenue stream is going to be slashed to a degree. And yes, even with things being ugly they still got their USA deal last time but that's because USA was only the best of a bunch of bad options. There's no leverage, they just don't offer enough(at this point). Broken guarantees and dramatically fewer dance partners means things aren't getting any better unless the product gets better and the ratings get better.

Monday’s WWE Raw television show averaged 2.612 million viewers. Viewership was down slightly from the 2.615 million average from last week.

The first hour of Raw averaged 2.689 million viewers. Hour two drew 2.681 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 2.468 million viewers. WWE was not opposed by the NBA Playoffs on Memorial Day, but they did air opposite Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final, which drew 4.854 million viewers.

Basically the same. Third hour plunge again. Worse first hour, but the second hour held well.

cordy

Banned
Maybe fans don't give a damn about another "Rawlins"/Reigns match.

Maybe fans don't give a damn about another "Raw-."

I will say my interest in Raw has dwindled severely since it stopped being the Kevin Owens show.

I'd be really into Bray had Orton not basically out-Cena Cena'd him

Raw is Bliss basically right now and a bit of Balor I guess.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean, motherfucker!?
Now last night you all... I mean earlier tonight you guys hurl-heard that the New Day, talking about winning the WWE Tag Team champions... being the t-becoming the WWE Tag Team champions, last summer, right here, in Brooklyn. Now what you all forget, sometimes, is that going into that match that the Prime Time Players were your tag team champions, w-going in.

So every time I get draaaaagged back here to good ol' Brooklyn... I always get someone answering the same question. Whether it be one of them broke brothers from Bushwick, or one of them uppity hipsters from williamsburg. They ask the question: "Was that the worst day of your life?" I look at em. And I say no. That wasn't the worst day of my life, cause when I flash this million dollar smile, I tell ya right now baby, that was the BEST day of my life. It wasn't the worst day of my life cause I dropped the tag team titles, it was the best day of my life, because I dropped the dead weight that was Darren Young.

Oh no no no, let's let's let's let's be real. There's no Ride Along - there is a reason there's no episode of Ride Along with the Prime Time Players. Pretty difficult to do when it's only one Prime Time Player. And he would not be relevant - Darren Young would not be relevant if it wasn't for me. Much like Jay-Z wouldn't be relevant if it wudn't for Beyonce. Oh yeah you booin', but it's true, think about it! Bob Backlund. How is Bob Backlund gonna make Darren Young great again, when he wasn't ever great to begin with? I would be all over the main event. You would be wearing my T-shirt. Hell, I would be your Universal champion right now, if it wasn't for Darren Young. Y'all wanna talk about some Bobbbb BACKLIN.

Well tonight, I blame YOU Darren Young. I blame YOU for all the failures that I have not ha-no-had since I been here. I blame YOU for not being in the main event. I blame YOU for not being the WWE Champion. And I'll tell ya tonight, tonight. You come out here tonight so I can bury you, and be done with you, all together. Come on out here Darren Young, give these people what they want. They want you, come on out here. Come on, we gon' make Darren Young great again, come on Darren.

I'll tell ya what's going on right now. Ol' crazy, wild-eyed, bobbb BACKLIN is back there tellin' him, don't go out there, don't go out there. Cause... he knows... damn well, that Darren Young is too stupid to come out here. So- ......

I want Darren. I don't know who y'all want, but I want Darren to come on out here. I want Dar-ren. Okay. That old crazy man please let this man come out here. I mean t-AY! Who is Bob Backlin anyway? Bob Backlund runs out Who is Bob Backlin? Who does Bob Backlin- Ay ay, don't you come out here. I will beat yo- drops mic

We had Shinsuke Jackson recently too.

Hopefully they cant find a way to hit an even lower point.

That actually is worse than This is Your Life... because there was zero talent behind that promo.

At least you can see that Bliss was doing everything she could to try and make it work. Even Alvarez gave her credit for that.

Hex

Banned
What the fuck is that supposed to mean, motherfucker!?

It means that Titus is a veritable florida hurricane in the ring, in that he can suck and blow at the same time and is pretty much ignored by everyone.

Fantastic overcoming the evil heel win for Liger.
Very old school feel and that was great.

Top Bottom