• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

According to the Observer, current obstacle in the Broken gimmick talks between the WWE and Impact Wrestling is Impact refusing to sell the gimmick to the WWE.

Impact is only willing to license the gimmick to the WWE (and others) and are still demanding royalties. WWE wants all or nothing which is why talks recently stopped. Only way WWE might be interested again is if Matt Hardy wins the legal case against Impact/Anthem and then sells the gimmick to the WWE.

Yeah WWE aren't going to share sales or anything with a rival company, even if they aren't a blip on the radar. Also, while I want Impact to sell or get rid of the gimmick to Matt or WWE, I don't think they will be that foolish to do so. It's either all or nothing. So waiting it out until Matt and Impact can resolve this is what WWE can do. They want to use the "Broken" gimmick since Matt is still doing the mannerisms on TV and PPV.

Sephzilla

Your memory and opinions are terrible.

WrestleMania 31 had;

--Big Show winning the ARMBAR.
--HHH beating Sting, which made no sense. (Bonus: The nWo helping Sting made no sense either)
--Taker / Bray which was boring
--Cena wins LOL
--AJ/Paige vs the Bellas was a bathroom break
--Roman vs Brock was a boring squash match until Seth showed up

WrestleMania 31 was not a good show.

I liked Roman vs. Brock. I still think that is probably one of Roman's best matches. Liked the story in that one and the behind the scenes dirt on it as well.

Why do they need to buy the broken gimmick anyway. You can't own the idea of a crazy/out there character. Just let him be weird on promos after losing the title.

Why do they need to buy the broken gimmick anyway. You can't own the idea of a crazy/out there character.

They saw something that got great reception and wasn't in their company, and literally couldn't handle that

So now they want to kill it either with lawsuits that won't ever end, or running the gimmick into the ground themselves when they finally get it

Cagey

Banned
The leaps, jumps, punches, etc. in Roman/AJ was like two superheroes fighting each other minus everything about superheroes that are shit (which is damn near everything).

Roman/Brock was a big dude fighting a grizzly bear with predictable results.

Sephzilla

WrestleMania 31 also has the issue of following up WrestleMania 30, which was one of the best WrestleManias ever

The leaps, jumps, punches, etc. in Roman/AJ was like two superheroes fighting each other

This is actually a pretty spot on description for Roman vs AJ

Heroman

Banned
The leaps, jumps, punches, etc. in Roman/AJ was like two superheroes fighting each other minus everything about superheroes that are shit (which is damn near everything).

Roman/Brock was a big dude fighting a grizzly bear with predictable results.
There was nothing predictable about the results in the Brock vs Roman, unlike Roman vs AJ.

Is it me or is the crowd already getting luke warm on Nak? He got announced for Money in the Bank and I feel like the whole crowd was just kind of .... not there.

PS - I hate how y'all just always make new threads. SMDH

Cagey

Banned
There was nothing predictable about the results in the Brock vs Roman, unlike Roman vs AJ.

I wasn't clear. I was referring to the idea of Roman/Brock being like a large man fighting a grizzly bear having the predictable result of the bear beating the shit out of the large man, not the booking/ending of the match.

Is it me or is the crowd already getting luke warm on Nak? He got announced for Money in the Bank and I feel like the whole crowd was just kind of .... not there.

PS - I hate how y'all just always make new threads. SMDH

Assuming that the SD crowd doesn't care about NXT : Nak is a random wrestler who just came up that was mocked for looking like a dead pop star (who had a questionable lifestyle), mumbles because of his mouthpiece, and put on a "generic" match for the style of wrestling he's known for.

I probably wouldn't give a shit either if that was the first I ever heard of him.

Raw64life

Rollins already had MITB for 10 months when he cashed it in and you can only hold it for a year. Plenty of people were expecting it. The surprise was that he did it during the match rather than after it.

31 and 33 were both average. Not horrible. Not great either.

Sephzilla

The casual fans in OT were not expecting the Rollins cash in but I remember a ton of WrassleGAF calling the cash in well ahead of time. I remember the general sentiment being that if Rollins didn't cash in after losing the triple threat match at the Rumble that he was going to use it at Mania since nobody cashed in at Mania ever

miserable

The casual fans in OT were not expecting the Rollins cash in but I remember a ton of WrassleGAF calling the cash in well ahead of time. I remember the general sentiment being that if Rollins didn't cash in after losing the triple threat match at the Rumble that he was going to use it at Mania since nobody cashed in at Mania ever

By ahead of time you mean right after Rollins ate the RKO

OT probably thought this was a good moment in wrestling history

yFFQ1O6.gif

Those of you who think Roman v Brock was supbar should probably revisit that match. A lot of times revisting matches long after the noise at the time has died down may do a lot to one's viewpoint imo, particularly if said viewpoint is based on no views since it transpired.

Caderfix

Those of you who think Roman v Brock was supbar should probably revisit that match. A lot of times revisting matches long after the noise at the time has died down may do a lot to one's viewpoint imo, particularly if said viewpoint is based on no views since it transpired.

I'll do that, but only because I like how you phrased it.

Sephzilla

I have revisited Brock/Roman and my opinion didn't really change much. It was mostly Brock squashing Roman and both of them working a bit stiff. Then Roman gets in a little bit of offense near the tail end of it that WWE retconned into being "ROMAN REIGNS WAS ABOUT TO DEFEAT BROCK LESNAR UNTIL SETH ROLLINS STOLE IT FROM HIM". If that match happened on a show not named WrestleMania it wouldn't be as remembered.

Caderfix

Is this in 2011?

P.S. Speaking of 2011, I think I'm coming up on THE PIPEBOMB. Should I watch that RAW? Or just the CM Punk part? Or wha?

Might as well watch the whole thing to have a better understanding of how things were going, right?

I kind of remember WM 31 having a pretty positive response. I thought it was a pretty good show. Especially given how garbage the year was that led up to it.

Kaladin

You know for being "the guy", Roman still hasn't had a marquee championship run. His run last year was just over 2 months. Combined he's maybe held it 4 months.

Top Bottom