• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

cordy

Banned
I don't know about anyone else but...I've got a life. I work a full-time job, I play games, I workout, I do side-activities and I spend time with people. I definitely don't have enough time to watch WWE AND another promotion not associated with them lmao. I'm a fan of wrestling and all but shit, I do what I do.

Syder

It could just be an all-purpose WWE OT in Off-Topic while WrassleGaf itself stays the same.
giphy.gif

Pikma

Banned
Lucha Underground is garbage, the only reason it's not as shit as WWE's product is the fact that it's not 3 hours long. And I say that having only seen a season and a half, can't imagine how much worse it has gotten since then.

Frankly I would love it if.....75% of the threads were talking about anything but WWE but we all know that ain't happening.

It shouldn't bother you. It literally has 0 to do with your attitude and how you choose to use your time or talk about things you want to talk about. You can just ignore everything that has no bearing on whatever it is you want to discuss. Other people will respond in kind.

Why are we even entertaining this thought or idea to start a second thread? If we go down this road, we open up the idea to start new threads that further narrow down the subject of conversation within the confinements of the same industry.

You don't see Box Office threads being split between Super Hero films, Drama, Comedy, etc.

Secondly you would have no control over who talks about what in either thread. Popping into a New Japan thread with WWE talk would not be derailing.

Do not make a separate thread. That's a terrible idea. It just serves to split a community where most of the same people post to even smaller communities where even less people post.

It's fine how it is.

Hex

Banned
Lucha Underground is garbage, the only reason it's not as shit as WWE's product is the fact that it's not 3 hours long. And I say that having only seen a season and a half, can't imagine how much worse it has gotten since then.

You have made me sad this day....

Dynedom

I leave WrassleGAF for a few days and it turns on Nakamura. I'm guessing Meltzer wrote a positive article about him or something

That first season was great! I can't blame anyone who fell off during season two though.

Sephzilla

Think about how quickly the Lucha Underground thread in OT died out. The same would happen to a non WWE all purpose wrestling thread. Alternatively, it would just turn into a second WrassleGAF were most people talk about WWE. Ultimately it would just splinter the wrestling community here

Tall4Life

Separate threads would move at a goddamn crawl. You can only talk about how cool the monthly NJPW PPV was so much.

That G1 thread that Heroman posted for last year only got like, 13 replies too

Foggy

I don't know who hurt you, but if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.

ReiGun

I just don't care about wrestling all that much to follow other promotions. I hang around here cause I like the community and the conversation.

That said, I would welcome more discussion about other promotions. It'd be nice to have people in here talk more about things they actually enjoy instead of the steady stream of hate.

Complaining that no one talks enough about a thing seems like a waste when you can just talk more about said thing. This thread has enough hardcore enthusiasts that someone will be willing to chop it up about whatever promotion you like.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I supposed Heroman, Sweeny, and I will merely have to settle for forming our own all-new all-negative faction

The Negative world Order or NwO if you will.

I kinda feel like NJPW is easy enough and (more than) good enough to follow for the average wrestling fan.

I'd argue Stardom's the only easier one

Stardom's literally the cheapest wrestling streaming service I believe, and there's more than enough content there to justify the price

Top Bottom