• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

You're probably right.

NOFkKQW.gif

Do you just scour the internet for deathmatch wrestling botches? lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why are they intent on destroying the joshi scene? They have an insane amount of female talent yet to debut as it is.

because Triple H has an ego as big as his nose and that ego is now translated to his promotion rather than just his subpar wrestling so if he kills off the joshi scene he can make sure he has the best womens wrestling on the planet

not because itll be good on NXT, just because there won't be any alternatives

There was a brief discussion on Regal's Japan exploits earlier.

With how ridiculously stacked of women they're going to be maybe they're planning on making tag teams out of some of them or really giving the women their own show.

Would be slightly better without the "Demon Resurrection" making it look like a shirt from some teenager's shitty metal band.

because Triple H has an ego as big as his nose and that ego is now translated to his promotion rather than just his subpar wrestling so if he kills off the joshi scene he can make sure he has the best womens wrestling on the planet

not because itll be good on NXT, just because there won't be any alternatives

It would not be super shocking if this is the case, rather than business decisions. Haitch trying to get himself over with 'smart' fans or whatever.

Weird thing is how many people want to see international wrestlers in WWE despite it being rare they have the same quality in WWE compared to outside it.

Foggy

Why are they intent on destroying the joshi scene? They have an insane amount of female talent yet to debut as it is.

It's frustrating because joshi is in one of the weakest places it's ever been. Tv time is dwindling and it could get even more dire as Stardom has had the most tv time of promotions but that could vanish with Kairi and Io gone. Sendai only has a couple tv slots a year and Oz Academy will have even less with Dynamite Kansai gone. Then if talent like Arisa and Sareee and other cross promotional talent leaves, it lowers the bar for everyone and stunts development. Then you have Ice Ribbon and Tokyo Joshi Pro chasing kawaii bullshit. The whole thimg is precarious and this acquisition spree has come at the worst possible time if you care about womens' wrestling in Japan.

The talent pool just isn't deep enough to replenish itself like other indie scenes. There's still a ways to go with crucial decisions by major players to be made, but all this commotion sure as shit sounds like dominoes to me.

You realize a majority of GAF is probably Americans and thus WrassleGAF is probably going to talk about the major American professional wrestling organization? I'd love talking about more promotions but quite frankly I understand why it's mostly WWE talk.

Part of the problem (for me) is that I don't have the time investment to get into a second promotion.

It's as simple as not watching the weekly programming and using that time to watch literally anything else.

Now that Night 8 is finally out, it's time to watch the rest of this year's Champion Carnival, even though the finals and the title match have already taken place. Luckily, the title match hasn't aired yet. Unfortunately, I already got spoiled on the result.

That story on WWE telling Hojo that the diving elbow is "Bayley's move" still irritates me in how stupid it is. I had to make a new GIF. >_>
39RLfTL.gif

Elias Sampson/The Drifer was NXT jobber so I don't remember seeing him do it in ages, I had to double check to see if I was even remembering right but he used it when he beat Bull, is a diving elbow still his finish?

Anth0ny

it'll be alright, friends. wwe is the sinking ship. new japan is coming to america to take over.

more and more workers are realizing that working the new japan schedule is easier than wwe, and actually pays well too when you consider all of the non-njpw appearances you're free to work.

just give it a year. new japan has more momentum, wwe ratings are in the low 1s, and both bryan and punk have main event runs with new japan.

Wait, WHAT!? I somehow missed this bullshit, fuck WWE. Hojo's elbow drop is amazing

It's a story from the Meltz that we were on about a few days ago on WWE telling Kairi Hojo to come up with a new finish for this reason. It better be one of those dumb rumors that came from someone who didn't know better and bullshit in the end.

Ultraviolent June is coming, and we are ready to break jaws and bones, and bust open domes...

Wrap chairs around faces and bust light tubes on unprotected places...

here's to blood, sweat, and tears, and performing in death matches for hot dogs and beers...

the best, is yet to come...

output_qZxSlv.gif

That story on WWE telling Hojo that the diving elbow is "Bayley's move" still irritates me in how stupid it is. I had to make a new GIF. >_>

Elias Sampson/The Drifer was NXT jobber so I don't remember seeing him do it in ages, I had to double check to see if I was even remembering right but he used it when he beat Bull, is a diving elbow still his finish?

They probably pulled Tye Dillinger aside one day on Smackdown and told him the same thing too. I don't feel bad for Tye though I like that AJ has alot of "cool" transitional moves.

Heroman

Banned
You realize a majority of GAF is probably Americans and thus WrassleGAF is probably going to talk about the major American professional wrestling organization? I'd love talking about more promotions but quite frankly I understand why it's mostly WWE talk.

Part of the problem (for me) is that I don't have the time investment to get into a second promotion.
Just give up WWE main roster friend.

But real talk it really isn't that hard to keep up with promotions like a NJPW since for the most part it only 1 or 2 big shows a month. It actually way easier than keeping up with the WWE.

It's frustrating because joshi is in one of the weakest places it's ever been. Tv time is dwindling and it could get even more dire as Stardom has had the most tv time of promotions but that could vanish with Kairi and Io gone. Sendai only has a couple tv slots a year and Oz Academy will have even less with Dynamite Kansai gone. Then if talent like Arisa and Sareee and other cross promotional talent leaves, it lowers the bar for everyone and stunts development. Then you have Ice Ribbon and Tokyo Joshi Pro chasing kawaii bullshit. The whole thimg is precarious and this acquisition spree has come at the worst possible time if you care about womens' wrestling in Japan.

The talent pool just isn't deep enough to replenish itself like other indie scenes. There's still a ways to go with crucial decisions by major players to be made, but all this commotion sure as shit sounds like dominoes to me.

It is scary to think about what will happen. Rossy might have to not hold the reigns so tightly and be open to working with other promotions more, or something.

Ive seen people say Kyona and Yoko Bito can take Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo's spots in Stardom but I dont see it.

I guess we will see what happens over the next months and year.

Foggy

It is scary to think about what will happen. Rossy might have to not hold the reigns so tightly and be open to working with other promotions more, or something.

Ive seen people say Kyona and Yoko Bito can take Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo's spots in Stardom but I dont see it.

I guess we will see what happens over the next months and year.

Mayu's definitely the heir apparent but it comes down to if you believe Stardom's social media guy when he says Mayu is head trainer now and the retirement rumors were bullshit. Soooo who knows. Kyona is promising, but Yoko, as much as I enjoy her, isn't capable of being that kind of replacement.

As bad as things are and could be, joshi will never really die. Just gotta see how things shake out in the next year.

Top Bottom