• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Pikma

Banned
image.php
You don't understand

Menome

I've been rolled up by some food choices today:

I have never had this much exit-pain eating spicy food, ever. It wasn't even that hot an item, I've had far worse in the past.

UK friends: Avoid the spicy nachos from Pizza Hut.

Slizz

I have never had this much exit-pain eating spicy food, ever. It wasn't even that hot an item, I've had far worse in the past.

Nachos from a pizza joint? Lord.

Also this thread is fine the way it is IMO, especially since I'm so green here. You guys answered a bunch of my questions pointed me in the right directions for other promotions right away and now I enjoy wrestling again cause of that.

Beefy

Can't beat some spice, I'll try them tomorrow.

Discussing promotions that arent WWE is a waaaay more positive experience. People seem to genuinely enjoy what they are watching and excited and happy.

Its too bad timezones make it hard for so many.

Been watching some of the BJW Blood & Death history compilation, easy to see why Honma quit;

CQWusOz.gif

Dude routinely got obliterated by the vets, then Zandig arrived lol.

GunBR

Discussing promotions that arent WWE is a waaaay more positive experience. People seem to genuinely enjoy what they are watching and excited and happy.

Its too bad timezones make it hard for so many.
But this is an internet forum
It's the place that people like to go to complain about everything.

Hex

Banned
This post may be huge, will adjust after...

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao8_250.png

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao9_250.png

Jushin Thunder Liger: [something like ‘he’s nice and so he’s not as strong but he’s amazing/very skilled’]

Tiger Mask: Tiger! *growling sounds*

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao10_250.png

Taguchi: technical; [and then a few words smashed together:] old man butt pervert!

KUSHIDA: The Invisible Man [but like as a reference to a sci-fi movie]

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao4_250.png

ricochet: cat.

will ospreay: probably cat.

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao5_250.png

Taka Michinoku: bad technique. [and then something “The Dream” but spelled phonetically]

Taichi: [she can only make out “soon” and “pain”]

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao6_250.png

Page 6: [generic greeting for when you don’t know someone “nice to meet you”]

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao3_250.png

Marty: Umbrella man.

ACH: [something about the sole of your foot/shoe? unclear]

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao2_250.png

Volador Jr.: [phonetically spelling “jumping” something]

Dragon Lee: LOVE. [obviously]

tumblr_oq666ulPe91vxmjuao1_250.png

BUSHI: [from left to right, top to bottom] wow amazing/you’re so cool; strong; phonetically spelling “clever”; phonetically spelling “fashionable”

Foggy

Monsoon is like one of those Roman emperors who has done and seen everything the world has to offer, so the only means of stimulation are the most profane kinds of deviance.

d2C89uz.gif

That's why his voice is so fucked right?

For those of you that haven't heard Honma speak before, it's something else.

Yeah, he caught a lariat to the throat from Yamakawa, iirc - it was either during the match where he became BJW champion, or shortly after. It's normally caused by a mis-placed chop, which is why I always cringe when dudes like Ishii purposefully do a throat-chop spot.

Menome

I have actual tears in my eyes and not because of depression reasons this time.

It's even making my pee burn. Please kill me.

Foggy

Netflix likes being in everything. Wonder if WWE's ratings is the right time to get into grappling or a sure sign to stay out of it.

I've argued that WWE's ineptitude is their saving grace. I'm certain wrestling has come across the board at Netflix and Amazon and they passed on it like veggies at a chinese buffet after seeing the ratings.

But with nothing left to conquer, who knows if they try their hand at it in the future. They'd have the built-in base, they wouldn't be beholden to traditional revenue streams, and they'd have a warchest to compete out of the gate. One can dream.

Top Bottom