• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's Australia selling limited bottled run of Big Mac Sauce (4000 bottles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
McDonald's Australia selling Big Mac Sauce by the bottle:

In a follow-up to last year's sale of dipping cups and limited edition bottles of Big Mac Special Sauce, McDonald's Australia today adds 500ml bottles of the sauce to the menu for a limited run.

This time around the bottles are better stocked and much more affordable. McDonald's is offering the 4,000 bottles of the iconic sauce in 40 restaurants around Australia, while supplies last.

The price tag on the bottles is $4.95 US
(compared to a bid of over $18,000 for one of the limited-edition bottles last year). Still, with only 4,000 bottles to go around, they're likely to run out fast.

ehPatxM.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How did a bottle go for $18k? Couldn't you just ask an employee to sell you the sauce straight up?

Big Mac sauce is sooo easy to make. And you can make it sugar free (minus the sugar in the relish and ketchup), since I find the sugar doesn't really add anything to the sauce.

Ketchup (tiny bit)
Mustard
Mayo
Relish (I use dill, but the proper is sweet. I don't like sweet relish)
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper

From there I add a touch of cayenne and maybe some dijon mustard, but those aren't required.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I hope they release that over here (Peru) too and for good price. I love me some Big Mac sauce.

How many McDs do you guys have there? I was in Arequipa and the rest of the South and only saw 1 Burger King, 1 Pizza Hut, and 1 KFC. All in the Saga Falabella in Arequipa. And that shit was expensive!

ViciousDS

Banned
Big Mac sauce is sooo easy to make. And you can make it sugar free (minus the sugar in the relish and ketchup), since I find the sugar doesn't really add anything to the sauce.

Ketchup (tiny bit)
Mustard
Mayo
Relish (I use dill, but the proper is sweet. I don't like sweet relish)
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper

From there I add a touch of cayenne and maybe some dijon mustard, but those aren't required.

ketchup doesn't cut it.....french dressing actually works better, this is the recipe I use.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons French dressing
4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon finely minced white onion
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I worked at McDonalds for like 10 months or so. Best part was creating my own burger to eat during breaks, I've done things..... The 'milk' they use for their milkshakes? That shit is Godtier.

The McChicken sauce is best tho. Don't really care for the Big Mac sauce.

Pachinko

Big mac sauce is closer to Mayonaise/ketchup/relish mixed together than simply thousand island dressing. The dressing is much stronger for one thing.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
The sauce is what has chunks of weird shit in it? I've only ever tried Big Macs twice, and those chunks always grossed me out. They felt like stale cabbage or something, and tasted weird. So, to me, this is McDonald's selling the worst part of their food to the public directly.

see5harp

Big mac sauce is closer to Mayonaise/ketchup/relish mixed together than simply thousand island dressing. The dressing is much stronger for one thing.

It's hilarious when you say this because that's essentially what thousand island dressing is, lol.

It's hilarious when you say this because that's essentially what thousand island dressing is, lol.

Big Mac sauce isn't Thousand Island Dressing

The sauce is what has chunks of weird shit in it? I've only ever tried Big Macs twice, and those chunks always grossed me out. They felt like stale cabbage or something, and tasted weird. So, to me, this is McDonald's selling the worst part of their food to the public directly.

The "chunks" are just onion and relish.

D

Deleted member 18827

Unconfirmed Member
You've always been able to get big Mac sauce separately, so not sure why this is a big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom