• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Brings Back Szechuan Dipping Sauce on October 7th, One Day Only

Negaduck

Show is great. Surprised people thought they would have a surplus of sauce.

Probably my favorite cartoon but people asking for gas refunds are on one lmao.

Sucks when fans affect the perception of a show. Oh well.

TheAuldTriangle

Neo Member
Yup. Someone retweeted a video of some absolute sausage jumping on the counter of a McD's and started, presumably, quoting the show.

Immediately made not want to watch it.

Season 4 of The Office it is then.

kiguel182

This is exactly it, they milk the living fuck out of every single line to the point that it's no longer funny anymore. I understand that people can really get into a show and enjoy everything but there's a limit, people seem desparate to try and turn every little thing in the show into some epic meme.

Yeah, it suck. I like quoting shows and it can be fun when you joke around with friends but these people do it to such an extreme that just makes it embarrassing for everyone who is saner.

And now, protesting because of a fucking sauce because of a joke on the show? C’mon. Again, something who could be a fun joke and a curiosity just taken to such an extreme that makes it impossible to enjoy.

Congrats on them for making the show less enjoyable for the rest of us I guess...

They've approached My Little Pony and Undertale fan territory.
DLjef31V4AAHgJj

Rick and Morty fans are even worse. I don't think thousands of those other fanbases participated in stupid protests or harassed women with death and rape threats because the show has female writers. Even if these people are a minority, they're at least a worse minority than fans of those other things.

kiguel182

Same here. I don't even try and recommend the show like I did during the first season. I know a guy whose like these fans and actually runs a stupid Rick and Morty Facebook fan page. Dude even livestreams himself reviewing each episode after they air.

Oh yeah, even when I’m thinking about recommending I wonder if I’m just being “one of those guys”. If I mention I even try to not praise it too much even if that’s something I would do if it was another show.

They made recommending a show seem crazy!

Ernest

Banned
Fans always run good shit into the ground. It happened to Star Wars, Simpsons, Lebowski, South Park, etc, etc. And it's happening to R&M now. All we can hope for is that the show moves past it's rabid/annoying fan-base.

I try not to pay much, if any, attention to this periphery stuff anyways.

Kthulhu

A friendly reminder that fandoms are trash and you should never get too deep into them.

Still not as bad as Steven Universe's fandom.

Korigama

I never really paid much attention to or otherwise gave much thought to what other Rick and Morty fans were like before season 3. I probably should've kept it that way.

IrishNinja

actual nazis return to a site where they murdered someone a short while ago, but this gets some folks out there

what a time to be alive

Korigama

A Jerry wouldn't be so confrontational.
There was that one time in Interdimensional Cable 2, but of course that went anything but well for him (not that getting what he wanted would've benefited him in the first place, but it is Jerry after all).

Zubz

Banned
if anything all these fans are acting like Jerrys

Jerry's dumb & entitled, but at least he has heart. Rick & Morty doesn't have a fitting enough stupid & obnoxious character to match these adult-sized brats.

The Narutard run at the end

Jesus, someone tweet that to the Rick and Morty creator to see what he says

Ok, I'm all for bashing that guy, & I'm all for bashing Naruto. But that term is still hurtful towards the intellectually disabled. I know I have no power here, but please stop using slurs.

What's the story there ?
Stephen Universe has a heartwarming sincerity and very inclusive and accepting vibe. It's got solid gender/race/orientation representation in its cast and makes no bones about that being an important theme. A segment of its fans take that to such an extreme that it wraps back around to toxic purity tests and conformity at all costs. Fans in marginalized groups (generally women, people of color, LGBT, etc) latched onto the show with an extraordinarily strong sense of entitled possessiveness that they're actively hostile against people who don't conform to their idea of the show's "true audience."

This involves bullying/forcing out male fans en masse and threats against cosplayers or artists that might not depict characters as fat enough or black enough to their satisfaction, including bullying at least one young girl into a suicide attempt over her fan art. They're like cartoon villain versions of the crazy tumblr/SJW stereotypes you read about, but apparently real. Like always, it's certainly not everyone who likes the show, but they're bad enough to spoil the whole thing for a lot of people.

Ok, I'm all for bashing that guy, & I'm all for bashing Naruto. But that term is still hurtful towards the intellectually disabled. I know I have no power here, but please stop using slurs.

Inb4 someone posts that scene where Rick and Morty discuss that term.

DLjef31V4AAHgJj

Rick and Morty fans are even worse. I don't think thousands of those other fanbases participated in stupid protests or harassed women with death and rape threats because the show has female writers. Even if these people are a minority, they're at least a worse minority than fans of those other things.
An Undertale fan tried to kill a fanartist by giving them food with needles in them

Bossking

Banned
Sick of seeing people attack the show because of some shitty fans. Every fandom has shitty people in it, not because the show/game/whatever brings out the worst in people but because if something's popular enough, it's going to inevitably reach shitty people that take things too far. Breaking Bad, Undertale, My Little Pony, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, doesn't matter. The only crime these shows committed was becoming too popular.

magnetic

Pretty sad when your identity consisted mainly of wubba lubba dub dub.

"Bazinga!" = catchphrase for normies, "nerd blackface", Zimbabwe Bazooka amirite?
"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub" = for an elite circle of refined intellectuals only. You probably won´t get it!

Still interested in watching the show one day, though!

Top Bottom