• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to launch Mac Jr. and Grand Mac this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
sHoUTIG.jpg

When a brand has accumulated as much recognition as the Big Mac — a burger McDonald’s has marketed to consumers in more than 100 countries — tinkering with it may be the last thing you’d want to do, but this is exactly what the Golden Arches has planned as it tries to sustain a sales turnaround.

For a few weeks in early 2017, the burger chain will offer two new versions of the iconic sandwich, which uses two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun, in restaurants across the US. The miniaturized Big Mac, named the “Mac Jr.,” uses one 1/6 lb. patty, while the beefed up “Grand Mac” uses two 1/6 lb. patties. A classic Big Mac has two 1/10 lb. burgers.

Source

Makai

Whatever happened to focus and paring down their menu. This was like the number one reason cited for orders taking forever

G0523

The two burgers on the right look identical. Is it really gonna be that big of a difference between the three?

Sullichin

Just what Mcdonalds needs, 0.8x and 1.2x versions of the failing Big Mac

edit: actually Mac Jr isn't such a bad idea. I too have done the big mac sauce on a mcdouble thing

Rootbeer

Banned
I add Mac sauce to the Mcdouble, I assume the mini is to try and get people like me to buy that for more money

If Mac Jr goes on the "2 for 2.50" menu I think i'm gonna have to get me some of those. Been wanting this to happen for ages, haha. You could always customize a mcdouble to be like this but it costs extra.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Big Macs are a guilty pleasure. And I've eaten two Big Macs before and still felt hungry. So bring on the Grand Mac.

They had these in Ohio a while back. Nothing much to say about them, as they're just different sizes of an existing thing.

Well, nothing to say except that the existence of the smaller size (along with the little sign on the window saying that they charge for things like extra condiments now) is obviously a way to put an end to people customizing regular burgers with Big Mac ingredients to try to save money.

Ponn

Banned
I first glanced at the pic and though they might be using the 1/4 pound patties on the grand mac but no, they are using 1/6 pound patties. I didn't realize they even had those, I thought they just had the regular small patties and then the quarter pound patties.

Vibranium

Banned
McDonalds US are copying A&W with naming conventions I see (The latter franchise is so much better, at least here in Canada).

So the mini is just a cheeseburger with special sauce? And the large is a double quarter pounder with less meat, more bread, and special sauce?

Okay. I don't see people running in to try this out.

So the mini is just a cheeseburger with special sauce? And the large is a double quarter pounder with less meat, more bread, and special sauce?

Okay. I don't see people running in to try this out.
They already tested it, so it must have done well if they're going national.

I haven't been to McDonalds in ages but my burger of choice was:

Double Quarter
-ketchup, mustard
+shredded lettuce, Mac sauce

More meat, less bread.

Protip: get a cheeseburger/double cheeseburger plain with lettuce, pickles, and Mac sauce and you get a big Mac for cheap. For full ridiculous, do it with a double quarter pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom