• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to launch Mac Jr. and Grand Mac this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

American McDonalds needs to step it up. It's easily the worst compared to in other countries. It makes zero sense.

They should just release the Mega Mac in America. It's here in Korea and it's freaking awesome.

Mega-Mac_h.png

Alaska already has this, but in it's superior form

RTvn2MU.png

It's the Denali Mac now, but it's the same product. Uses 1/4lb patties instead of the normal ones, so you get a half pound of meat.

ItIsOkBro

I don't need this silly Mac Jr. menu item

I'll have a McDouble - no ketchup, no mustard, add lettuce, add Mac sauce - boom

Better option.

1. Get two McDoubles
2. Ask to substitute Big Mac Sauce for Ketchup and Mustard (free)
3. Ask to add shredded lettuce (free to 25 cents depending on restaurant)

Boom, you now have two Big Macs, minus one piece of cheese, the middle bun, and sesame seeds for cheaper than a single actual big mac.

Rootbeer

Banned
Better option.

1. Get two McDoubles

Boom, you now have two Big Macs, minus one piece of cheese, the middle bun, and sesame seeds for cheaper than a single actual big mac.
Well, it's more expensive for one. But yeah that would be an okay solution.

The killer feature of the Mac Jr. is that it's probably going on their "2 for 2.50" menu which makes it really affordable.

Kaladin

What if I want less goddamn lettuce? Every Big Mac I have got from any McDonalds has had more lettuce than meat.

This is why I get a Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese.

The problem with the Big Mac is it's too expensive by like 33% - 50%

When it was 2 for $5 Big Macs I felt like I was getting a deal. Now when it's like $4.29 or whatever for one, I feel ripped off.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
fuck, now i want mcdonalds. :(

i think i may go grab some beef and make my own big macs with homemade sauce.

Log4Girlz

Had the Grand Mac. Ok, its pretty damn big. Its just a giant Big Mac. So if you like the BM, you'll love the GM.

FYI I'm a lardass, so when I say its pretty damn big, it is.

depths20XX

Better option.

1. Get two McDoubles

You're one of those annoying drive through people.

Grand mac should have been the size of big mac in the first place. Big mac isn't as big as what the word big promises.

Like a lot products, its size has been reduced over the years. The "Grand Mac" is probably around the size it was at least in the 90s, maybe 80s I don't know exactly when the shrinking events took place since I didn't go there frequently enough but it's actually take notes or have solid memories of.

Stasis

I used to always sub in Mac sauce for mustard on a quarter pounder back in the day.

We've had double big Macs in Canada/Quebec for a really long time though.

Tizoc

lol
We had these over here in the Middle East months ago. It was a limited time offer kind of thing.

mrkgoo

Those look yum. I'm a pretty big fan of the Big Mac. the super big one keeps the balance of ingredients, but makes it larger. Never a fan of the double pattie versions.

styl3s

Once i found out i can get mac sauce on anything i stopped caring about the big mac because i hate fast food lettuce although i would try the Grand Mac at least once.

Reallink

They already tried that in test restaurants. Last I heard it was a disaster.

Huh? Nearly every US location has gotten rid of all the more modern items that utilized unique ingredients (by Mcdonalds standards). Check the online national menu, they now have nothing but the bog standard 50 year old burgers that all share the same patties/ingredients, and the same old staple of grilled/fried chicken/fish. I don't know if it's doing better or worse for them financially, but I for sure never go there. Who the fuck wants a cardboard burger with nothing but ketchup, mustard, and freeze dried onions when all the "new age" chains that have been eating their lunch in growth/earnings let you build what you want out of like 25 toppings?

Lotto

I'll buy both and layer them between a slice of bread and create the Mega Mac.

edit: what the fuck there's already a mega mac

American McDonalds needs to step it up. It's easily the worst compared to in other countries. It makes zero sense.

They should just release the Mega Mac in America. It's here in Korea and it's freaking awesome.

Mega-Mac_h.png

On the one hand that would definitely by my order if I went to mcdonalds, so I wish they'd bring that in to the UK. On the other hand, that would definitely by my order if I went to mcdonalds, so I'm glad that they don't have it here!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/18/news/companies/mcdonalds-big-mac/index.html

For those who think the Big Mac is a bit too big, McDonald's is coming out with the Mac Jr. For those who think the Big Mac isn't quite big enough, McDonald's is unveiling the Grand Mac.

170118102908-mcdonalds-grand-mac-780x439.jpg

I swear I could remember the new CEO Steve Easterbrook acknowledging that they've got way too much stuff on their menu, and yet here we go again. I know when I look at their menu it's like looking at a giant wall o' text.

Cover me in special sauce if old.

In for a Grand Mac for sure.

EDIT: Why'd you remove the pic, OP?

EDIT2: Why the heck aren't we getting the Mega Mac instead?! I'm sad now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom