• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/02 - 02/08

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Spiegel said:
This thread has had little movement and someone had to start the weekly argumentation. :p

You rabble rouser!!

markatisu

Figured some people might enjoy reading this since the questioning of whether MH3 is anything more than a setup to port to the PSP

http://wii.ign.com/articles/954/954998p1.html

"Of course the Wii is a very important part of our multi-platform strategy. Games like RE4 on the Wii and Umbrella Chronicles have done quite well for us, and of course there's Monster Hunter. Although it isn't too popular, it was the number one selling title in Japan last year. So that goes to show we are very serious about the Wii as a company.

People say that third-party Wii games don't sell in Japan, but I can honestly say that we are cutting no corners with Monster Hunter Tri. There's a lot of pressure to make it succeed, and I'm sure there will be a lot of shocked gamers out there when they see just how good Monster Hunter Tri looks. Please don't worry. We are putting a lot of effort into Wii as well."

test_account

XP-39C²
Psychotext said:
So are the Street Fighter numbers good? How do they compare for the first week sales of other fighting games?
Spiegel mentioned some numbers earlier:

Spiegel said:
Fighting games first week comparison

Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 52k 360 13k TOTAL 65k
Soul Calibur IV PS3 74k 360 35k TOTAL 109k
Street Fighter IV PS3 85k 360 36k TOTAL 121k
I think these numbers are based on the Famitsu numbers if i am not mistaken. Street Fighter 4 seems good compared to Virtua Fighter 5 and Soul Calibur IV atleast, i think :)

EDIT: I added some text.

Top Bottom