• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/10 - 11/16

spwolf

Spiegel said:
Wii Music - Famitsu

Code:
Week - Sales
1    -    99k
2    -    42k
3    -    23k
4    -    15k
5    -    9.8k

i read that it will sell better 2nd week...ehm.. 2nd month... ehm... 2nd year... :D

Whats interesting is that Nintendo is being stubborn about it and is still going with big marketing campaign for it, at least here in Europe... They probably dont want to offend the great one....

spwolf said:
i read that it will sell better 2nd week...ehm.. 2nd month... ehm... 2nd year... :D

Whats interesting is that Nintendo is being stubborn about it and is still going with big marketing campaign for it, at least here in Europe... They probably dont want to offend the great one....
It's also entirely possible they bought heavy advertising well in advance.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Segata Sanshiro said:
sony game Is do, good

feeling in Side is happy!

wut ? since when Sony bought the IP of Samurai Dou 3 from Spike ?

anyway after like 3 games from Acquire that sells like crap ( Samurai Western , Samurai portable , Tenchu 4 ) , it's just good for me at least to see some a game from Acquire doing decent numbers .

I'm rather surprised at Wii Music's poor sales both here and abroad. I knew that it wouldn't do as good as the other games but I don't think anyone saw the coming of an outright bomb.

I hope this means that Nintendo will stop leaning heavily on Miyamoto; it's kind of sapping their creativity and hurting their core games in my opinion. I think, and pray, that discovering what they should have known from the beginning -- that there is a limit to the profitability and possibilities of the Wii**** series-- can finally trigger this.

donny2112

Spiegel said:
Wii Music - Famitsu

Code:
Week - Sales
1    -    99k
2    -    42k
3    -    23k
4    -    15k
5    -    9.8k

Yep. I was definitely incorrect to say it was showing signs of legs based on chart position vs. actual sales. :lol

Poor LBP. Still, the PS3 seems to be doing a lot more solidly now.

Quick death of the DS-Lite is surprising though, unless everyone ran out of stock or didn't discount.

RpgN

Psychotext said:
Poor LBP. Still, the PS3 seems to be doing a lot more solidly now.

Quick death of the DS-Lite is surprising though, unless everyone ran out of stock or didn't discount.

I find that pretty weird actually. I love DS because it also has GBA-slot, it's also the reason why I don't want to buy the DSi. I guess Japanese gamers think otherwise and don't care about gba games (the horror!).

Click

Banned
I've played R2 Co-op with a bunch of Japanese players this past week. I guess these numbers confirm that it's doing well in Japan. Grats, IG.

Durante

It's obviously not breaking any records, but given PS3's pre-recent-bump performance I'm actually a bit surprised it managed to sell nearly on par with the week before.

Same for 360 as well, though I guess it could be a pre-TLR bump.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sadist said:
Heh. There goes Wii Music :D

*Paging Count Dookkake*

Click said:
I've played R2 Co-op with a bunch of Japanese players this past week. I guess these numbers confirm that it's doing well in Japan. Grats, IG.

i thought most of FPS sales in Japan just for the US soldiers and the western people who lives in Japan .

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Just for some perspective, last years numbers for 11/12-11/18:

1. NDS - 76,084 | 78,884 | 6,037,183 | 20,042,862
2. PSP - 65,609 | 58,964 | 2,310,547 | 6,842,676
3. PS3 - 39,178 | 55,924 | 883,746 | 1,341,304
4. WII - 36,230 | 34,546 | 2,896,660 | 3,816,303
5. PS2 - 8,855 | 9,043 | 667,628 | 20,822,487
6. 360 - 6,525 | 5,817 | 195,241 | 459,943
7. GBA - 262 | 923 | 50,165 | 15,348,244
8. NGC - 38 | 69 | 10,341 | 4,179,809

Obviously PS3 was coming off the price drop, but it still shows they are probably going to lose ground this holiday compared to last year. (as will Wii most likely).

test_account

XP-39C²
jakncoke said:
21. Little Big Planet (PS3) 8.600 [72.000]

100k was a nice dream to have :(
You mean 100k LTD? If so, i think LBP will get there. The christmas season is comming soon. LBP needs to sell about 5k each week for the rest of this year to reach 100k this year. And that is just counting to the end of this year. I dont think that its impossible for LBP to reach 100k LTD :)

Hive

Banned
There is a reason Wii Music is not selling too well. Can u guess what it is? ;P

And thanks to the OP for posing thumbnails of the top 5 software. THAT IS HUGE!

I requested it several times to Lotus, but he never responded~

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
test_account said:
You mean 100k LTD? If so, i think LBP will get there. The christmas season is comming soon. LBP needs to sell about 5k each week for the rest of this year to reach 100k this year. And that is just counting to the end of this year. I dont think that its impossible for LBP to reach 100k LTD :)

I think it will probably get there eventually, but I doubt we'll see it happen. I expect it to be out of the top 30 pretty quickly.

farnham

Banned
Rancid Mildew said:
I'm rather surprised at Wii Music's poor sales both here and abroad. I knew that it wouldn't do as good as the other games but I don't think anyone saw the coming of an outright bomb.

I hope this means that Nintendo will stop leaning heavily on Miyamoto; it's kind of sapping their creativity and hurting their core games in my opinion. I think, and pray, that discovering what they should have known from the beginning -- that there is a limit to the profitability and possibilities of the Wii**** series-- can finally trigger this.
1. its not an outright bomb
2. they are not leaning on miyamoto.. wii music is definately not a miyamoto only game.. its a game that he oversaw.. but that holds true for mario galaxy as well
3. no because their core games are good as ever

test_account

XP-39C²
schuelma said:
I think it will probably get there eventually, but I doubt we'll see it happen. I expect it to be out of the top 30 pretty quickly.
Ye, i think that as well, especially now that when the christmas season is comming up. It was sort of like this with Time Crisis 4 for the PS3 if i remember correctly. We didnt get any numbers for Time Crisis 4 before the Famitsu and/or the Media Create top 500 list for 2007 was released. Time Crisis 4 for the PS3 was released 24th December 2007, so i guess that the other games sold more which resulted in that Time Crisis 4 was getting relatively far down on the Top 30 and Top 50 list that we didnt get any first week numbers.

I think it will be the same with LBP, we will have to wait for the Famitsu and/or the Media Create top 500 list for 2008 before we will eventually see if LBP is over 100k or not :)

Tiktaalik

2db4bgi.jpg

Minsc

Gold Member
farnham said:
1. its not an outright bomb

What do you call it if they don't sell their initial shipment for another 6 months (or ever thanks to used copies)? That's the pace they are headed at, over ~26 weeks remaining (if it can hold on to 5K/week) to sell out the first shipment.

-Kh-

Banned
Jonnyram said:
DSL 3,559
Elios83 said:

How come Famitsu and MC numbers differ so much this time? That's more than double the MC number.

And if we see the PS2 and 360, the difference at most is 700.

Anyway good numbers for the PS3 and with 2 games on the top 5. By Famitsu, totaling to 6 games on the top 30. The PS3 should be able to keep the momentum until past Q1 of next year this way.

In the mean time looking forward to the Wii next week with AC, will people get tired of getting ports of old games or will they eat it up?

And I hope Chrono Trigger will do great. anyone know of SE's expectations? Is 500k in the first month too low/high?

Tiktaalik said:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2db4bgi.jpg

Wait, how do you expect Wii Music to put up negative numbers? :lol

donny2112

test_account said:
I think it will be the same with LBP, we will have to wait for the Famitsu and/or the Media Create top 500 list for 2008 before we will eventually see if LBP is over 100k or not :)

Nah. We'll know before then. IGN posting a Top 20 for PS3. Monthly charts. Something. If it crosses 100K this year, we'll see it somewhere. :)

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Sony has already shipped ~130k of LBP, don't you guys remember every one of my posts? For shame :/

Thanks for putting the resultant shipping numbers up. It makes for good perspective. :)

Thanks donny, btw since it basically got zero time in the previous thread, I re-post the shipments of the top10 from Media Create, now with the other titles (previously just the new games):

(For New Games) Platform Title / Sold / Shipped (Sell-through Ratio)
Code:
PS3 Way of Samurai 3                     / 81,047 /  [B]98,286[/B] (82.46%)
NDS Tongari Boushi no Mahou no 365 Nichi / 71,914 / [B]131,086[/B] (54.86%)
NDS Shiren DS2                           / 45,327 / [B]101,335[/B] (44.73%)
PS3 Resistance 2                         / 33,584 /  [B]56,283[/B] (59.67%)
NDS Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense 2         / 33,079 /  [B]86,572[/B] (38.21%)
NDS Ryuusei no RockMan 3 Black Ace       / 33,067 /  [B]73,271[/B] (45.13%)
(For Old Games) Platform Title / Sold This Week / Sold Total / Shipped (Sell-through Ratio) (Shipped This Week)
Code:
NDS Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe             / 97,449 /   363,102 /   [B]521,025[/B] (69.69%) ([I]39,942[/I])
NDS Rhythm Tengoku Gold                  / 30,434 / 1,159,436 / [B]1,224,972[/B] (94.65%) ([I]26,602[/I])
NDS Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode          / 29,870 /   183,431 /   [B]200,405[/B] (91.53%) ([I]15,495[/I])
NDS Pokemon Platinum                     / 26,767 / 1,917,117 / [B]1,986,032[/B] (96.53%) ([I]20,194[/I])

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
-Kh- said:
Wait, how do you expect Wii Music to put up negative numbers? :lol

Wow, first that obviously sarcastic DSL comment ropes tons of people, then this.

You disappoint me GAF

-Kh-

Banned
HK-47 said:
Wow, first that obviously sarcastic DSL comment ropes tons of people, then this.

You disappoint me GAF

So my ":lol" smiley is not enough to show the jokingly tone of my post?

You disappoint me GAF

test_account

XP-39C²
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Sony has already shipped ~130k of LBP, don't you guys remember every one of my posts? For shame :/
I didnt forget (if you were refering to me), i did remember that the LBP shipment was around 130k somewhere (i think i knew this because of the post you made earlier :)). I just replied to jakncoke's post and said that i think that LBP might sell about 100k :)

donny2112 said:
Nah. We'll know before then. IGN posting a Top 20 for PS3. Monthly charts. Something. If it crosses 100K this year, we'll see it somewhere. :)
Ah ok, i didnt know that. It is cool that we will know before the Famitsu and/or Media Create top 500 list for 2008 :) Thans for the info! :)

d+pad

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at NOJ HQ right now. You *know* they weren't expecting Wii Music to be ignored by the same masses who bought Wii Sports, Play and Fit like they were going out of style. Sure, they've probably known for a while that Wii Music might be a tough sell, but I have a hard time imagining they thought it would be as tough as it has been.

Then again, if AC Wii puts up good numbers next week (and the weeks leading up to the holidays), all might be forgiven/forgotten.

I'm actually feeling a bit gun shy when it comes to AC Wii, though. I think if it was a completely new and updated product it would easily sell truckloads like Mario Kart Wii has. Given that it's just a slight upgrade from the DS version (in terms of content), I'm skeptical, though.

Thankfully (for NOJ), they can always fall back on the DSi, RTG, Pokemon and the Girls Mode game no matter what happens to Wii Music and AC Wii :)

jakncoke said:
nope, if I did I wouldn't of made the previous statement, well good it'll eventually reach 100k then. How did Way of Samurai/2 do?
(PS2, 2002) Way of Samurai - 242,891
(PS2, 2003) Way of Samurai The Best! - 61,097
(PS2, 2003) Way of Samurai 2 - 214,801
(PS2, 2005) Samurai Western - 77,258
(PSP, 2008) Way of Samurai Portable - 36,945 (just based on top30 appearance iirc)

Great numbers for the best Kirby game (Canvas Curse deserved better though, the not-so-good Squeak Squad outsold it 3:1)
Waganama Fashion will have the legs, not so much the Pedometer game, which is dying fast.

-Kh-

Banned
d+pad said:
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at NOJ HQ right now. You *know* they weren't expecting Wii Music to be ignored by the same masses who bought Wii Sports, Play and Fit like they were going out of style. Sure, they've probably known for a while that Wii Music might be a tough sell, but I have a hard time imagining they thought it would be as tough as it has been.

Then again, if AC Wii puts up good numbers next week (and the weeks leading up to the holidays), all might be forgiven/forgotten.

I'm actually feeling a bit gun shy when it comes to AC Wii, though. I think if it was a completely new and updated product it would easily sell truckloads like Mario Kart Wii has. Given that it's just a slight upgrade from the DS version (in terms of content), I'm skeptical, though.

Thankfully (for NOJ), they can always fall back on the DSi, RTG, Pokemon and the Girls Mode game no matter what happens to Wii Music and AC Wii :)

For starters, the GC version of AC did 641,300 units, obviously with a much lower user base.

Taking another game in the Wii, coming from a huge franchise in the DS (and GB) although a different type of game is Pokemon Battle Revolution which did 332,892 units, and the same could be seen with the GC games.

This just helps to see how some console games won't do as good as the portable versions, although the original games are on consoles (N64 and GC), of course not as popular as the DS, but at least 1M units shouldn't be so far from reality.

The real test for the Wii and Nintendo casual approach will be next year when Wii Sports 2 is released, if the game follow the steps of the original game, then Nintendo won't have to worry about changing their busines model for a while longer.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
EnthusiasTech said:
Hmmm , the real reason behind hw sales is this ? :]

2132369867_view.jpg

2132369870_view.jpg

2132369872_view.jpg

Their new ad campaign is quite nice for Japan.

But they've also been releasing new bundles and games consistently lately. A new bundle is out next week (PES).

Hive said:
There is a reason Wii Music is not selling too well. Can u guess what it is? ;P

That it fails to meet the needs and interests of an expanded audience in a compelling, disruptive fashion as Wii Fit, Wii Sports, and Brain Training all did?

Top Bottom