• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

LPC

Banned
First week sales - Total sales

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 294,318 - 676,527 (october 2003)

cvxfreak

I remember Media Create having waaaaaaaaay higher TWW sales than the other two trackers. 407,700 to be almost exact.

Datschge

jarrod said:
TOD will certainly sell best in the short term (it's not limited to a 350-400k userbase after all).
Ironically enough it might rather be limited to a surprisingly low first shipment if the 74% sold on first day figure is correct (would make the first shipment a little under 300.000).

Busaiku

Wow, the Wii sales look really good (it's about 1/11 of the GCN LTD).
How well did the Gamecube do in its 1st day/1st week, as well as its software?

Busaiku said:

No idea on the software, but it sold around 140,000 in it's first week. I think Luigi's Mansion would have been the only well known game out at launch. It probably sold near 80,000.

Busaiku said:

Famitsu:
Code:
3 Days
[B]GC: 133,719[/B]
3.  Luigi Mansion - 116,784
6.  Wave Race    -   27,751
10. Monkey Ball  -   16,755
tie: 1.206

1 Day
[B]N64: 159,943[/B]
1.  Super Mario 64 - 162,111
4.  Pilotwings 64    -  32,219
16. that chess game no one wanted - 9,519
tie: 1.275

5 Days [I]Famitsu raw:[/I]
[B]SFC: 2,560(?)[/B]
1. Super Mario World - 2,544
8. F-ZERO                 -  530
tie: 1.201

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Again, how many days was WW on sale its first week?

Seeing TP getting almost 1/4 of WW's ltd in its first day is a good sign.

apotema

Luigi's Mansion was around 120k first week, then Wave Race was at 30k and Monkey Ball was at 20k, although Monkey Ball sold more LTD than Wave Race

neo2046

Wii's sales # in 2 days (2 Dec ~ 3 Dec) [Media Create]
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/news/20061205_03.html

Wii - 350,358

Wii Sports - 176,167
Wii PLay - 174,297
Zelda TP - 139,011
Wario - 63,954
Panya - 16,908
Ennichi no Tatsujin (Namco mini games) - 10,763
Red Steel - 9,392
SD Gundam SH - 9,226
Tamagotchi - 8,042
Elebits - 5,791
S Monkey Ball - 4,423
Crayon Shin-Chan - 4,248
Trauma Center SO - 4,107
Kororinpa - 2,416
Necro-Nesia - 1,934
Wing Island - 800

total software - 631,480
Tie Ratio - 1.8

cvxfreak

Damn, I was expecting better out of Tamagotchi and Gundam considering they're both part of popular franchises. Gundam did even worse on Wii than PS3. :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Holy crap those software numbers suck royally except for Wii Play and Wii Sports. Zelda's isn't bad per se, but it's pretty pathetic considering number of consoles sold. Everything below Zelda flopped royally.

At least Necronesia failed.

neo2046 said:
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/news/20061205_03.html

Wii - 350,358

Wii Sports - 176,167
Wii PLay - 174,297
Zelda TP - 139,011
Wario - 63,954
Panya - 16,908
Ennichi no Tatsujin (Namco mini games) - 10,763
Red Steel - 9,392
SD Gundam SH - 9,226
Tamagotchi - 8,042
Elebits - 5,791
S Monkey Ball - 4,423
Crayon Shin-Chan - 4,248
Trauma Center SO - 4,107
Kororinpa - 2,416
Necro-Nesia - 1,934
Wing Island - 800

total software - 631,480
Tie Ratio - 1.8

Red Steel gets third best selling third party game :lol which classically on a Nintendo platform means it's the biggest loser ;)

..necro nesia got what it deserves (but i want to at least have a chance to rent it)

let's hope this is a wake-up call for Nintendo

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
On the bright side, the other games should get a boost when there are more shipments of Wiis. After Wario everything just plummets into nothingness. Sad. Any word on the shipment sizes of the games?

A wake-up call? What, wake up and smell the money? I see some things I don't like about that chart, but if I were Nintendo I'd be giddy. As for PS3's launch drop off after the first three games...ummm, I think they only had like four launch titles, sooo...

You really can't compare sales at this point due to constricted supplies, # of sales days in the week, etc, etc. Give both systems time to breath before we pit them in a fight to the death.

Xeke

Banned
VultureDude said:
how does this compare to the PS3 in terms of drop-off after the top 3?

Well considering the top PS3 game was like 20k...

PS3 1st week.

Ridge Racer 7 - Bandai Namco - 21,655
Gundam:- Bandai Namco - 21,310
Genji - SCE - 8766

Those were the only 3 in the top 30...

apujanata

neo2046 said:
Wii - 350,358

Wii PLay - 174,297
SD Gundam SH - 9,226
Tamagotchi - 8,042
S Monkey Ball - 4,423
Trauma Center SO - 4,107
Kororinpa - 2,416
Necro-Nesia - 1,934
Wing Island - 800

What is Wii Play, Kororinpa (is this Tingle?), Necro-Nesia ?
SD Gundam, Tamagotchi, S Monkey Ball all underperform. They should have done better.
Trauma Center and Wing Island is niche game, right ?

Mr_Moogle

I know Nintendo is a huge company that makes great games but third parties really need to start taking responsibility for their lack of success on Nintendo platforms.

Is it that hard to compete? Why are their games so much more unpopular than Nintendo titles? This isnt just a matter of quality...plenty of bad games sell well. A small number of developers have shown its possible to sell big on Nintendo consoles.....why are majority of third parties lagging behind.

I think its pathetic really.

third parties really need to start taking responsibility for their lack of success on Nintendo platforms.

dr-evil-bush.jpg

Mr_Moogle said:
Am I the only one sick of developers dodging Nintendo platforms because they cant seem to compete?

They are all a bunch of cowards, Make the games and the fan base will eat it up, try to shove a shitty game down and dig your own hole, the fan base scares them:lol

Mr_Moogle

norinrad21 said:
They are all a bunch of cowards, Make the games and the fan base will eat it up, try to shove a shitty game down and dig your own hole, the fan base scares them:lol

This is what scares me. Pitiful isnt it?

Furoba

VultureDude said:
Red Steel gets third best selling third party game :lol which classically on a Nintendo platform means it's the biggest loser ;)

..necro nesia got what it deserves (but i want to at least have a chance to rent it)

let's hope this is a wake-up call for Nintendo

Well, can't expect everyone to buy one with more than 1 game at a time... Tie-ratio will improve over time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
apujanata said:
What is Wii Play, Kororinpa (is this Tingle?), Necro-Nesia ?
SD Gundam, Tamagotchi, S Monkey Ball all underperform. They should have done better.
Trauma Center and Wing Island is niche game, right ?

Wii Play is a Wii Sports style collection of games that includes Air Hockey, a Fishing-style minigame, a Duck Hunt style shooting game, and this weird "Pose Your Mii" minigame, as well as a Wiimote. Most people are buying it because when you factor in the Wiimote, the game works out to being $10.00

Kororinpa is a Katamari Damacy style domino puzzle game.

Necro-Nesia is the worst looking game ever. We're talking late PS1 era graphics. It seems to be survival horror, and your main character fights a lot of insects.

Wing Island wasn't supposed to be a niche game. I think Hudson was more aiming to fill the Pilotwings market, which evidently didn't work out so well.

Bo130

I was really looking forward to seeing what the best selling game would be besides the obvious ones (Sports, Play, Zelda, Wario Ware). I'm actually really glad to see it is Super Swing Golf :)

Grampasso

Fuzzy said:
Don't worry, they're just waiting for the GCN version. :lol
I was wondering when someone would finally notice that... Irony or not, I think a lot of people are just waiting for the GC version... maybe :p

psy18

Mr. Pointy said:
Nintendo basically stacked on 4 killer apps for launch. Of course everything else will suffer.

Agreed. They should bundle all those 4 and we'll see 0.0 tie ratio.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Shiggy said:
Sadly, we'll never get Japanese numbers for that version, will we?
We'll just have to let someone dig through Nintendo financial statements to find out how many they shipped and then make an "educated" guess.

I'm really not ragging on him, it just seems that way. ;)

Top Bottom