• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/24 - 3/30

mutsu

The link for the Gundam 00 game is wrong Cheese. It's taking me to the website for 0079 MS Sensen for Wii.

Zoe

MH is taking over everything.

-2008_3_3113_47_21.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I think this is going to be a fun week for charts. Somebody make a ridiculous assertion so that I can humiliate you with numbers and charts! Please? Jimbo went down sometime last year, the "they aren't close" guy went down a few weeks ago, and then the last guy who said the Wii was "dampening" kindly shut his trap.

Am I supposed to say something controversial for somebody to respond to first? I'm new to this.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
01./00. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 880,000 / NEW

Haven't dropped in here in a while, but...

Is it appropriate to say HOLY SHIT at this one?

kassatsu

Banned
reilo said:
01./00. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 880,000 / NEW

Haven't dropped in here in a while, but...

Is it appropriate to say HOLY SHIT at this one?
It was expected, expansion to the best selling psp game from last year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So going by previous trends over the past year or two of MC threads, is it fair to assume a bunch of "GO PSP OMG SONY WOOOOO" posters this week that will then mysteriously disappear within a couple of weeks? And who will be the "dumb poster of the week that gets dogpiled by the regulars" for this thread?

lynux3

Holy... wow. Monster Hunter is huge! I can only imagine what the Wii numbers will be like when Monster Hunter 3 arrives. :O

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
monster hunter selling so much kinda makes it weird. why don't people just wait to pirate it instead of buying it if piracy is so rampant on PSP?

i suppose the 880,000 that bought the game could be the proportionate amount of people that legitimately buy games, and there's actually like 3 million other people out there that will pirate it.

Firestorm

davepoobond said:
monster hunter selling so much kinda makes it weird. why don't people just wait to pirate it instead of buying it if piracy is so rampant on PSP?

i suppose the 880,000 that bought the game could be the proportionate amount of people that legitimately buy games, and there's actually like 3 million other people out there that will pirate it.

Or we could finally realize there's more to PSP sales bombing than piracy.

Defuser

davepoobond said:

Maybe those are pirating aren't Japanese?

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
I was one of the 880000 who got monster hunter, too bad I hate the game.

Good news is that the sellback price is around 4500 yen ($45).

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Colonel Mustard said:
Aside from Mario Party, is Deca Sports the highest selling Hudson game this (or last) gen? It's having some pretty great legs.

Game looks pretty nice.

too bad the game is absolute shite.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
muramura said:
I was one of the 880000 who got monster hunter, too bad I hate the game.

Good news is that the sellback price is around 4500 yen ($45).
Uh-oh, prepare for attacks from people who disagree with your opinion! Oh noes!

PantherLotus said:
I think this is going to be a fun week for charts. Somebody make a ridiculous assertion so that I can humiliate you with numbers and charts! Please? Jimbo went down sometime last year, the "they aren't close" guy went down a few weeks ago, and then the last guy who said the Wii was "dampening" kindly shut his trap.

Am I supposed to say something controversial for somebody to respond to first? I'm new to this.

Based on PSP's numbers this week it looks like, 3rd parties will be switching support over from the DS as it is struggling to keep up.

Not to mention with the PS3's number remaining steady while the wii's continue to drop it's only a matter of time before a HD console finally take over.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
PantherLotus said:

i think wii will be outsold by xbox360

AdventureRacing said:
Based on PSP's numbers this week it looks like, 3rd parties will be switching support over from the DS as it is struggling to keep up.

Not to mention with the PS3's number remaining steady while the wii's continue to drop it's only a matter of time before a HD console finally take over.
You forgot 3rd parties and the dreaded "nongame".

But points for effort. Let's see what Panther's move will be next!

Hammer24

Banned
So basically:
- Monster Hunter is what keeps the PSP alive and kicking?
- PSP > 120k for the week?
- Yakuza hits the PS3 250k barrier and dies a sudden death?
- PS3 ca. 12k?
- WiiFit closes "the gap" to the PS3 rather fast?

WOW.

Rolf NB

PantherLotus said:

Oh Panther. As yo've noticed I've been happy to leave you alone, but this warrants a response I'm afraid. For one, as per Media Create, my prediction for PS3's March performance turned out correct. And how about yours? I'll just let the numbers continue to pile up, and you continue seeing only what you want to see, always to the exclusion of your own failures. Now, please, proceed. Warm up the graphing engine.

jman2050

bcn-ron said:
Oh Panther. As yo've noticed I've been happy to leave you alone, but this warrants a response I'm afraid. For one, as per Media Create, my prediction for PS3's March performance turned out correct. And how about yours? I'll just let the numbers continue to pile up, and you continue seeing only what you want to see, always to the exclusion of your own failures. Now, please, proceed. Warm up the graphing engine.

And away we go!

kassatsu

Banned
lynux3 said:
Holy... wow. Monster Hunter is huge! I can only imagine what the Wii numbers will be like when Monster Hunter 3 arrives. :O
Probably the same as the PS2 numbers, which aren't as good as the PSP numbers.

diddlyD

Banned
Hammer24 said:
- Yakuza hits the PS3 250k barrier and dies a sudden death?

haha. anyone ever guess what, if any, will be the game that breaks the barrier (isnt it more like 300k)? at this point with japans utter rejection of the ps3, i wouldnt be surprised if ff13 and mgs4 putter out in the 300k range too.

of course, maybe in 2 years the ps3 will have a long term surge like the psp is having. nobody would have ever guessed that about the psp.

Polari

diddlyD said:
haha. anyone ever guess what, if any, will be the game that breaks the barrier (isnt it more like 300k)? at this point with japans utter rejection of the ps3, i wouldnt be surprised if ff13 and mgs4 putter out in the 300k range too.

of course, maybe in 2 years the ps3 will have a long term surge like the psp is having. nobody would have ever guessed that about the psp.

I expect about 500-600K from MGS4. You're crazy though if you don't expect Final Fantasy XIII to be huge.

The difference between the PSP and the PS3 is, IIRC, the PSP always puttered along, posting solid numbers. It just had the misfortune of existing side-by-side with DS. The PS3 on the hand, is a disaster on anybody's terms.

diddlyD said:

Even the Gamecube had a million seller or two.

m3k

Cheesemeister said:
09./04. [NDS]SimCity DS 2: From the Past to the Future - 25,000 / 74,000

has no one any information on this game... just curious as to how it turned out

im thinking it has minor improvements but not much else, i would like to be proven wrong

no charts please :lol

adamma666

Osuwari said:
also, looks like ssbb is past ssbm now(would be good if someone could confirm it)
i wonder how long until it passes ssb64.

Super Smash Bros. 1.632.055
Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.349.418

JeremyR

Defuser said:
Maybe those are pirating aren't Japanese?

Yeah. While I don't think any other PSP title sells nearly as well as MH over there (I guess Crisis Core came the closest, at what, 750,000?), PSP titles do often hit the charts there, at least for the first week (like this week, one at number 5, last week, one at #6) or two (the #6 game from last week is now #26 or something)

Whereas I can't think of the last time a PSP game cracked the top ten in the US/Europe. Maybe Madden 06?

Hammer24

Banned
diddlyD said:

What the PSP is showing, is again that its always and only about the games. Who knows what game could do the same for the PS3 as MH is doing for the PSP? Maybe FF13? We´ll see.

Bebpo

Banned
Hammer24 said:
What the PSP is showing, is again that its always and only about the games. Who knows what game could do the same for the PS3 as MH is doing for the PSP? Maybe FF13? We´ll see.

How does that explain the super high PSP sales for the months since the PSP-lite despite lack of games since Crisis Core?

Hammer24

Banned
Bebpo said:
How does that explain the super high PSP sales for the months since the PSP-lite despite lack of games since Crisis Core?

Well, a slim/lite iteration has always helped too in Japan, hasn´t it? And the real surge is since MH2, no?

Lobster

Banned
Hammer24 said:
Well, a slim/lite iteration has always helped too in Japan, hasn´t it? And the real surge is since MH2, no?

Help a slim/lite iteration has helped. Also different colours.

Ps3 was steady aswell when the white colour came out.

Quite a discrepancy with Famitsu's MKDS. Otherwise not a lot of differences.

Elbrain said:
Well here hoping Yakuza can keep it going for at least a couple more weeks.
I think it can keep plummeting for at least 2 weeks before dropping out of the Top 50. Poor Sega :(.

PantherLotus said:

You know, usually I don't care about this stuff, but this post is pretty embarrassing.

sp0rsk said:
I am surprised that anyone is surprised by the success of MH.
I guess people have to drop their one-liners somewhere now that Uncharted is no longer in the UK charts.

Defuser said:
Because majority of GAF never played it :(
This is true. It doesn't exactly do the same numbers in the west.

Which is why the uproar over the MHThwii announcement was at once so mystifying and hilarious to me.

So what does 2nd G offer over 2 that makes all the MH fans go and buy it all over again? I am correct in assuming that this is an enhanced version of 2, yes?

Top Bottom