• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/16 - 4/22

JoshuaJSlone said:
Jeez, people, no need to be scared of talking about things. Talking about FF XIII going to the Wii wasn't the problem, it was it becoming a major issue many weeks running without anything new to add to the situation except people playing with the concept of a train and making choo-choo noises.

Not that I think we have some imperative to come up with things to talk about in this partcular thread for a whole week if they're not apparent.

Someone gets it. Thanks J.

Dragona Akehi said:
Really, the murder of his family was Hera's fault, not his own.

Everything is the gods' fault.

Arrow hitting Achilles in the heel? Athena's fault.
Hector dying? Zeus' fault.
Jason escaping the flames of his palace? Hera's fault.
Odysseus getting hell on his journey back home? Poseidon's fault (although the men eating the cows was a stupid idea)
Odysseus surviving his journey? Athena's fault.

Talk about your deus ex machinas.

Pureauthor said:
Everything is the gods' fault.

Arrow hitting Achilles in the heel? Athena's fault.
Hector dying? Zeus' fault.
Jason escaping the flames of his palace? Hera's fault.
Odysseus getting hell on his journey back home? Poseidon's fault (although the men eating the cows was a stupid idea)
Odysseus surviving his journey? Athena's fault.

Talk about your deus ex machinas.

The Olympians were really obsessed with humanity. When they weren't ****ing with them, they were killing them.

Dragona Akehi said:
Yeah, but it also shows how much self-esteem the Greeks had. Equal parts paper towel and water, right right?

I dunno. As a Christian, I sometimes feel God is treating me the same way. :lol

EDIT: (And of course, as I post this, a mental list of all the comforts and luxuries I ever had in life pops up. Go figure.)

enishi

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
So, the right numbers are.......?

Um... it should be:

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10032440556.html

NDS - >200k (large shipment in Golden Week)
==============
FFXII RW - 300k
Momotetsu DS - 70k
Panel de Pon DS - 30k
Phoenix Wright 4 - 40k
Mario VS Donkey Kong 2 - 30k

Wii - ~75k
==============
Super Paper Mario - more than 50% of first week's number (i.e. ~80k)
One Piece Unlimited Adventure - 50k (sold out)
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - 40k

PSP - 30k
==============
Final Fantasy - approaching 100k

PS2, PS3 - "calm" status (I don't know what exactly this means...)

If there is anything wrong, please correct this :)

Parl

In other words, Golden Week gave PS3 a HUGE boost in sales which counteracted the decline enough to even sales off at similar to last week. Maybe.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Looking at the list Cheesemeister ever-so-lovingly supplied us in the first post there appears to be some Drum Master games coming out this week also. Will those chart in the top 10, d'you reckon?

I'm just seeing what else is going to be appearing alongside this lot already. The Nintendo-based games look to be really high sales, most likely Revenant Wings holds the top spot for Golden Week and, yet again, a good three quarters taken up by DS games and lightly peppered with a bit of Wii.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6195982&postcount=1208
Kafel said:
I'd say 300k for RW but it's pointless to start the predictions now since we won't have the numbers soon.
Cookie for Kafel! So spot-on that he has to bend space and time or something like that :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6195849&postcount=1198
ylvis_ said:
And the people who predict less than 400k for this title are in for a huge surprise.
You're banned already but I hope you can re-read this ylvis_ :lol

SPM > BBA as expected too. Very good 2nd week for SPM indeed, I wonder how will this two do after Golden Week. I really hope SPM keeps above Wii Sports and Wii Play...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Good Wii software numbers.

Also, remember that sinobi's Wii hardware numbers have been low the last 2 weeks compared to MC. If the trend hold true look for a 90K week according to Media Create.

Can we safely say that the Wii audience is a hodge podge of everyone, including the hardcore - at least 10% of it is - based on 200k SPM sales and the 2M wii userbase?

Bo130

I haven't seen them in here, so I figured I'd post them. These seem to be the chart (Enterbrain chart with Sinobi/Media-Create numbers added here in there) for Golden Week last year:

1. Winning Eleven 10 - 479.000
2. Tetris DS - 201.000
3. More Brain Training
4. Dragon Quest Yangus
5. Brain Training - 56.000
6. Animal Crossing: Wild World
7. Mother 3
8. Naruto: Saikyou Ninja Daikesshu 4 - 44.000
9. English Training
10. Pokémon Ranger

apotema

I haven't heard any news about Winning Eleven Eleven, has it been announced???

This week will be very boring without numbers

40,000-odd for Big Brain Academy Wii is not too shabby, but will it have the legs of its DS cousin? 40k week one sales for a Revenant Wings or Super Paper Mario would almost certainly guarantee a low lifetime figure, but the brain games seem to operate outside of the norms, churning away in the charts for months.

ethelred

80k for Super Paper Mario's second week would be fantastic. Remember, it already started out higher than any of the previous Paper Mario games -- this second week would be quite a bit higher. PM1 did 55k second week, PM2 59k. That's quite a substantial boost to get to 80k.

Parl

Especially considering install base... Even though I doubt there's much difference as Wii has surpassed 50% of GC sales already.

Hey, at the current rate of Wii selling 700% of PS3, after Wii gets to 3 million before PS3 gets to 1 million, Wii will get to 10 million before PS3 gets to 2 million at the current rate.

Eteric Rice

Parl said:
Especially considering install base... Even though I doubt there's much difference as Wii has surpassed 50% of GC sales already.

Hey, at the current rate of Wii selling 700% of PS3, after Wii gets to 3 million before PS3 gets to 1 million, Wii will get to 10 million before PS3 gets to 2 million at the current rate.

I thought it was already at 2 million.

So you guys realize that *this* week is Golden Week, right? This week. Not the week of April 23-29, which will be the next week of sales we see.

I suppose the first weekend of Golden Week is folded in there, but...

Flakster99

Kobun Heat said:
So you guys realize that *this* week is Golden Week, right? This week. Not the week of April 23-29, which will be the next week of sales we see.

Needed to be said. Nice set of numbers anyways. Go Phoenix Wright 4!

Kobun Heat said:

Ops. I thought that...oh man. I'm sorry guys, really. Now it is clear that 200k for the DS is very high for the week before the Golden Week.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Kobun Heat said:

I realize that which is why we won't be getting the MC charts today/tomorrow. :(

s_20070416.png

come on 360, you got 10%, thats like, a scratch at their armor.

Brak

Dragona Akehi said:
Really, the murder of his family was Hera's fault, not his own.
Well, that's the overt message of the story. Heracles was driven to a fit of madness and killed his family, and the same excuse is given when he kills Iole's brother. The implicit message, though, is that Heracles great strength is both a blessing and a curse.

The Greeks loved a great paradox (Apollo's many tragic romances despite his desirability, Athena's duality and connection to the spheres of men and women, practically every tragedy ever written) and so Heracles represents the warrior who can't leave the violence on the battlefield. This is a common issue even today, we train people to be killers and then ask them to return to regular society when their service is done.

Also, Heracles killed his music tutor with a Lyre and there was no excuse given for that one, so it shows that he definitely has a temper and is prone to violent outbursts. The idea that Heracles would never do such a horrible act unless Hera influenced him is almost certainly wrong. My main point really is that myths aren't meant to be digested at the surface level, and Heracles murdering his family is about the difficulty of living a normal life for a great warrior, and not about the gods intervening in mortal affairs and ruining Heracles's life.

/OT

Vinnk

“Vinnk’s Village”

(Current “village” is my hometown in Wisconsin)

I went to 19 stores before I found a Wii. (1 caught a delivery)

NOTES:

1. Wii is supply constrained in central Wisconsin.
2. Zelda is more fun in English
3. Metal Slug Anthology should really be released in Japan.

Meanwhile in Japan [I emailed Hiro at Famicom Dojo]:

Famicom Dojo:

Wii: Sold out
DS lite: Sold out
Super Paper Mario: Sold Out
Big Brain Academy: 2 copies
FF:RW 1 used copy

NOTES:

1. Hiro was swamped with requests for Wii but only received a couple.
2. He got more DS lites than usual and they sold out within hours.
3. The used copy of FF:RW means one of two things. Either the person who bought the game has already beat it or they didn’t like it.
4. I miss Japan

That’s all I have for this week guys. I’ll be back in Japan May 8th and back to posting.

Top Bottom