• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/21 - 4/27

donny2112

perfectchaos007 said:
So even if MHP2ndG outsells WiiFit in the next couple weeks, WiiFit may come back due to long legs? Interesting...

LTD, probably. YTD, MHP2G looks to beat it. Wii Fit is just over 1 million this year, so even if MHP2G stalls at "just" 2 million (unlikely), Wii Fit would have to maintain ~35K per week for the rest of the year to beat it in YTD.

Edit:
With quite a few graphs showing software sales (cumulative and weekly), it seems like this is a good time to remind everyone of JoshuaJSlone's site.

1. Look up the GameID of the games you want to graph.
2. Graph them in either cumulative or weekly forms.

jts

...hate me...
donny2112 said:
LTD, probably. YTD, MHP2G looks to beat it. Wii Fit is just over 1 million this year, so even if MHP2G stalls at "just" 2 million (unlikely), Wii Fit would have to maintain ~35K per week for the rest of the year to beat it in YTD.
True, but kind of pointless really. Wii Fit debuted when there was still one month to 2008, which we all know is more than enough to take a huge chunk from its LTD sales. And that same chunk is included in MH's 2008 YTD.

Xeke

Banned
donny2112 said:

Edit:
With quite a few graphs showing software sales (cumulative and weekly), it seems like this is a good time to remind everyone of JoshuaJSlone's site.

It's an awesome site.

ivysaur12

Banned
donny2112 said:

Edit:

Wow, that's really cool.

Taurus

Do we have any hw numbers/estimates yet? Famitsu's?

I read XO is getting a price cut in Asia but I'm not sure when. What is the expected bump for PS3 because of that Valkyria game? Wii Fit still closing the gap with PS3?

Ronok

This thread has pointed out some really annoying news........ I imported Pheonix Wright 1 and 2 on best price because they were released earlier then in the UK. I then waited for best price versions of 3 and 4 to keep the covers the same. Apparently I missed out on Pheonix Wright 3 best price because that's sold out and 4 never got one. Instead there are the fugly covers of the NEW! Best Price range with big nasty bars all over the place. Argh. And even if I were to get 4's fugly cover version (which I wouldn't) it doesn't have English this time round because it never got the normal best price version. v.v;;

pa.121791.1.jpg

Olaeh

Ronok said:
Instead there are the fugly covers of the NEW! Best Price range with big nasty bars all over the place. Argh.

It's like a punishment for not buying it sooner. I'm convinced they ruin the boxart on purpose...

Takara Tomy has run Naruto dry, they have successfully killed Gekitou Ninja Taisen (GC->Wii), Saikyou Ninja Daikesshu (GBA->DS), the RPG entries too and the new Shinobi Retsuden entry starts out of a top10 ending with 15k (previous title started with 30k but did over 130k LTD, December release). Namdai didn't do much better with the PS2-PSP ones, also big dropoffs. Naruto is no DBZ...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Takara Tomy has run Naruto dry, they have successfully killed Gekitou Ninja Taisen (GC->Wii), Saikyou Ninja Daikesshu (GBA->DS), the RPG entries too and the new Shinobi Retsuden entry starts out of a top10 ending with 15k (previous title started with 30k but did over 130k LTD, December release). Namdai didn't do much better with the PS2-PSP ones, also big dropoffs. Naruto is no DBZ...

I'm not up with Japanese culture, but isn't popularity of the series in general declining fast?

biocat

Yay! Mon Han never die!

I also saw Senjou no Valkyrie sold out at a few stores around where I live so I guess it's doing pretty well as well.

biocat

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Naruto is generally considered elementary school stuff for most Japanese. Of course, there are always exceptions, but that's how it be. Sorry!

test_account

XP-39C²
Donny2112: Why no Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword VS Momotaro Railway USA comparison comment this time to the MHP2G VS WiiFit comparison that was posted earlier? ;)

NeonZ

Stopsign said:
I'm not up with Japanese culture, but isn't popularity of the series in general declining fast?

I'm not sure about that. I've seen some recent ratings and it seems to be around the 6% part, just like it has been since 2 or 3 years ago. Naruto has never been as popular as One Piece in Japan.

However, the Naruto game series really seems to be quickly dying.

Yeah. They screwed the first season, now they're flooding the Shippuden with the filler bull**** too.

Meh. Stealth filler was killing Shippuden's pacing. I prefer filler arcs to destroying the canon arcs with worthless scenes. Besides, so far, at least, they're basically following the canon storyline (with Naruto's training and such) only replacing the antagonists (removing the 2 active Akatsuki members and replacing them with some filler characters).

ssoass

biocat said:
Naruto is generally considered elementary school stuff for most Japanese. Of course, there are always exceptions, but that's how it be. Sorry!

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is still awesome to me so who really gives a damn about age demographics?

biocat

ssoass said:
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is still awesome to me so who really gives a damn about age demographics?

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh? Either you're my girlfriend trying to mess with me on GAF or you're her kindred soul.

I swear I can sing the intro song by heart in both English AND Japanese just because she watches it so damn much.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So now we are discussing Naruto fillers? Ok, I'll say it:

Naruto > One Piece

On topic though....holy fuck at MK. it has become the new "WiiSports" of my house and friends, the wheel has just done magic for most of them.

EDarkness

I think Link's Bow Training is gonna be big next week. While I was wandering around in Tokyo today I saw many people picking it up. Hell, I almost picked it up myself, but decided to pick up a couple of game soundtracks instead while looking for another Wii Wheel. And in case anyone cares, Wii Wheels are sold out everywhere. :(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
PantherLotus said:
edit:
for the damn record, i always agreed with him about MK having legs, but not because some premonition or "feeling" told us so, but because the logic pans out over time. please just enjoy the not-so-cleverly-titled charts and refer to the last thread for closure on the topic. if the titles of the charts hurt anybody's feelings (rather than being acknowledged as an inside-joke among fellow MC'ers) i'd be happy to ignore those people.

fair enough, as they say.

P.S- great charts

Neomoto

donny2112 said:

Edit:

Thanks for the heads up, not very user friendly but it works good :)

Mario Kart Wii versus Mario Kart DS Chart

(I'm to lazy to save and upload the "image" heh)

Mario Kart Wii kicking ass (even compared to it's older brother). It'll be interesting (for me atleast) to watch this in the coming weeks to see how it works out. This weeks data is not present in the charts (default data used is Famitsu), but I think 152k (Media Create) in it's third week is mighty impressive.

Relix said:
So now we are discussing Naruto fillers? Ok, I'll say it:

Naruto > One Piece

On topic though....holy fuck at MK. it has become the new "WiiSports" of my house and friends, the wheel has just done magic for most of them.

Gurren Lagann > Anime

donny2112 said:
Mario Kart both historically sells better than Smash Bros.,
Ehh, I don't think that's a fair statement to make. They've only coexisted on two platforms previously. In the first instance, MK won by 5%. In the second instance, SSB won by 63%.

jarrod

Banned
EDarkness said:
I think Link's Bow Training is gonna be big next week. While I was wandering around in Tokyo today I saw many people picking it up. Hell, I almost picked it up myself, but decided to pick up a couple of game soundtracks instead while looking for another Wii Wheel. And in case anyone cares, Wii Wheels are sold out everywhere. :(
I wonder if it'll outsell Twilight Princess? Seriously? :lol

schuelma

EDarkness said:

Interesting. I wonder if RE:UC might get back into the top 30? I saw it was back on the Amazon JP chart this week.

jts

...hate me...
_Alkaline_ said:
It probably will. :(

Thank god TP sold awesome in the US and Europe.
Budget priced with an accessory attached, released over a much larger userbase. Heh funny if it happens but completely irrelevant.

Brofist

EDarkness said:

Well the price is certainly right, I saw it for 3000 yen

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Paracelsus said:
Yeah. They screwed the first season, now they're flooding the Shippuden with the filler bull**** too.

They are? I haven't read the manga, but if there have been any fillers in Shippuuden they aren't close to being as crap as the year (or was it two years, even?) of fillers they made before Shippuuden. Nothing can compare to that tragedy, NOTHING. I think Shippuuden has been pretty entertaining so far, apart from a couple of drawn-out staring contests.

GhostSeed

Are the DC software sales figures from this book available online? And if not would it be worth my time to post them?

2crvbcw.jpg

I found my copy today. It covers 1998 through 2001.

Hardware is up, PSP even hotter than last week.

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. PSP   -    92,411 |    85,421 | 1,400,922 |  9,065,999
2. WII   -    48,796 |    44,241 | 1,190,598 |  5,806,757
3. NDS   -    42,435 |    44,551 | 1,197,047 | 22,370,097
4. PS3   -     9,107 |     7,438 |   373,563 |  2,015,234
5. PS2   -     7,108 |     6,545 |   190,898 | 21,117,938
6. 360   -     1,283 |     1,076 |    50,721 |    558,061

schuelma

So if PS3 doubles for Golden Week it will almost reach 20K.

Fucking terrible

donny2112

test_account said:
Donny2112: Why no Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword VS Momotaro Railway USA comparison comment this time to the MHP2G VS WiiFit comparison that was posted earlier? ;)

Perceived intent. Correctly perceived intent, I might add.

JoshuaJSlone said:
In the first instance, MK won by 5%. In the second instance, SSB won by 63%.

I was getting it confused with a main Mario game to Mario Kart comparison I had done earlier. Sorry. :(

Battle for 2nd Place

Just a link this week, so you only have to look at it, if you want to. :)

Difference: 90,207

Top Bottom