• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/19 - 5/25

duckroll

Case said:
Im really anxious to see this new Tales DS game. If Namco is that confident in it then it must be a big step over Innocence.

Namco is always confident. They expect 2 million sales of Soul Calibur 4. It means nothing. :p

duckroll said:
Namco is always confident. They expect 2 million sales of Soul Calibur 4. It means nothing. :p
I'm still wondering in what desert did they dump the 100k extra Tempest copies they claimed to have shipped and no tracker has covered.

Stumpokapow said:
Gundam Musou - 1 million for the Gundam, 1 million for the Musou!

:lol
Tenth time, thats Koei.

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Tenth time, thats Koei.

What? No. Gundam Musou is published by Bandai Namco Games worldwide, and they made that claim. Omega Force made the game, but the game is not published or promoted by Koei.

duckroll said:
What? No. Gundam Musou is published by Bandai Namco Games worldwide, and they made that claim. Omega Force made the game, but the game is not published or promoted by Koei.
No. It was a comment by one of Koei cofounders, and Namdai later released a note where they said their expectations were 1m worldwide for the title.

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
No. It was a comment by one of Koei cofounders, and Namdai later released a note where they said their expectations were 1m worldwide for the title.

Oh okay. I stand corrected.

Still.... 1 million! :lol

calzor

Neo Member
So it looks like the PSP is somewhat losing steam in the weekly race... I really wonder how MGS4'll do, I'm expecting the PS3 to die down after the initial burst of sales like all past big releases on the platform, but to beat the Wii for a bit.

Vesperia vs. MGS4 should be interesting, in context.

Paracelsus

calzor said:
So it looks like the PSP is somewhat losing steam in the weekly race... I really wonder how MGS4'll do, I'm expecting the PS3 to die down after the initial burst of sales like all past big releases on the platform, but to beat the Wii for a bit.

Vesperia vs. MGS4 should be interesting, in context.

Should be? I do not even see how they can possibly be compared.

One is -looking at the situation in Japan- barely a system-seller, the other one is not a system seller at all. Even if we're talking about lame hardware numbers, MGS4 should have both the upper hand on hardware and software sales.

duckroll

jarrod said:
Holishit, 500k Eternia PSP?! And here I thought the game did amazingly! :lol

Namco is a harsh mistress. She sets ultra high expectations just so she can say "that wasn't good enough." :(

calzor

Neo Member
Paracelsus said:
Should be? I do not even see how they can possibly be compared.

One is -looking at the situation in Japan- barely a system-seller, the other one is not a system seller at all. Even if we're talking about lame hardware numbers, MGS4 should have both the upper hand on hardware and software sales.
We can estimate the results easily, but I'm still interested to see how far the Xbox can be pushed with a main Tales of games in comparison to the PS3 with MGS4, which is a relatively smaller franchise.

test_account said:
Ye, maybe. I checked his post history, but i havnt really followed what he quoted and what he replied to, but it seems like his just saying his opinion. Maybe he has alittle attitude, but it doesnt seem to be "over the top" and ban worthy to me. But i have no idea, i am just wondering :)
Every poster trying to stir up shit is only giving his opinion if you ask him.

Anyways not really something to ponder about for a long time. One less stupid poster is always a good thing in my book.

jesusraz

Stumpokapow said:
Presumably this third Tales game business game from financial reports, right? Was there anything about this game that suggested it was Japanese only? ... Because localization is bound to rack up a minimum of 100k. Hell, ToP GBA did half that with no promotion, releasing on a dead system.
Yes it was from the financial report, the same one that said they expect 400,000 units of Taiko Wii to be sold as well (which doesn't seem crazy given how the first DS game managed that despite the recall and early shortages and the second game's tracking ahead of that at the moment). Both Tales DS 3 and Taiko Wii were Asian territories only, sadly.

I'm still gob-smacked that Bandai Namco said ToI simply won't be coming to the West, despite hearing numerous times that people were more interested in that than the Wii game. The only hope of it coming is if Nintendo fronts the game, like it did with ToP GBA and ToS GC in Europe. I tried talking to S-E Europe about the possibility of publishing it,m like they did with Odin Sphere, and they seemed positive because it's a direction they're thinking of going in to get money in quickly, but hadn't even heard of ToI, which made me laugh (and cry a little inside at the same time, hehe).

Thread revival

Too long since new PSP SKUs announced, but here they are!

Value Pack
PSP Slim Metallic Blue
D-Terminal cable
32MB Memory Stick
July 17th - 23800Y
1seg Pack
PSP Slim Metallic Blue
1seg Tuner
Case + Stand
1GB Memory Stick
July 17th - 29800Y

PS2 Slim Cinnabar Red - July 3rd - 16000Y

PlayStation Eye Pack
- PS Eye Kamera
- Memoushon Softwre
24th July - 5000Y

PS3 Afrika (no joke)
Release Date: 28th August
Price: 5980Y

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
PS3 Afrika (no joke)
Release Date: 28th August
Price: 5980Y
Wow, I can't believe they're releasing another PS3 game before the end of the summer. :lol

I wonder if Nintendo will put anything up against it, they ended up putting Fatal Frame IV pretty close to Siren NT.

Afrika! I'm definetly keeping an eye on this. I honestly feared it was vaporware.

Oh and the 1SEG bundle will probably sell pretty well. Iirc the tuner was quite the success story.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Vinci said:
Do they really need to?
No, just wondering what they have in store for August and beyond, I really hate this new marketing strategy. I like to know what's coming out a few months ahead of time!

2006-11-06

2006-11-06

Culex

Banned
Those charts just show how close the PS3 really is selling compared to the GC, as of right now. The GC never recovered though, at this point in its life, so the PS3 will almost certainly outsell it in Japan.

Culex said:
Those charts just show how close the PS3 really is selling compared to the GC, as of right now. The GC never recovered though, at this point in its life, so the PS3 will almost certainly outsell it in Japan.

Who's to say the PS3 will? The only games that really still matter are MGS4 and FFXIII.

Anth

Culex said:
I guess the FFXIII bump will heave it above the GC, and increase sales enough to make it stay above the GC - but I'm honestly not entirely sure.

Lightning

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
Who's to say the PS3 will? The only games that really still matter are MGS4 and FFXIII.
GT5, FFXIII, Versus XIII will have to be massive failures for this to happen. Sony and Square's worst nightmare come reality.

Cheesemeister said:
GT5 buyers likely already bought the hardware for Prologue.
No, that's not very likely. Why would the Japanese buy PS3's for a small fraction of a game, which was charged out the ass for I might add, when the actual main game doesn't come for a good 15+ mths later?

jarrod

Banned
Anth said:
I guess the FFXIII bump will heave it above the GC, and increase sales enough to make it stay above the GC - but I'm honestly not entirely sure.
I'm inclined to agree... but then again, GCN still had some reasonably big notables coming too (Symphonia, Biohazard 4, Mario Kart, FFCC, etc) and they didn't seem to do much either.

Most people who want a PS3 might've already bought a PS3... stuff like FFXIII or GT5 can still sell reasonably well without bumping the userbase that much honestly. And looking at recent software, I think tentpole software drivers are a bit overrated anyway.

Anth

Lightning said:
GT5, FFXIII, Versus XIII will have to be massive failures for this to happen. Sony and Square's worst nightmare come reality.
Well, the Japanese have rented consoles just to play through a game on them before. Plus, the complete FF fantatics will already have bought the console.

The games will do something for the console, but we don't know for sure if it will be enough.

I'm inclined to agree... but then again, GCN still had some reasonably big notables coming too (Symphonia, Biohazard 4, Mario Kart, FFCC, etc) and they didn't seem to do much either.

Most people who want a PS3 might've already bought a PS3... stuff like FFXIII or GT5 can still sell reasonably well without bumping the userbase that much honestly. And looking at recent software, I think tentpole software drivers are a bit overrated anyway.
At this point, it seems very unlikely that the PS3 will do significantly better than the GC in Japan. But both are close enough that either could potentially win the battle.
It's definitely the most interesting console "war" that's left for this generation in Japan.

Paracelsus

Cheesemeister said:

Hm, I say no. Not all people pretend to not know it is a full priced demo.

Same for FFXIII.

"I'll get a PS3 for Final Fantasy!"

*gets a PS3*

"When does it get released?"

"2009"

" ._.' "

With no release in sight, I'm inclined to believe nobody has bought the console for their favorite game yet.

Anth

ksamedi said:
FF will probably sell a lot of PS3's, but people will sell it right back after they finish it.
How do Media Create and Famitsu track those by the way? Are they counted as normal sales, and then the used consoles aren't? If so, then I guess FFXIII will cause a strong bump, but decrease sales the weeks afterwards.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Cheesemeister said:

Right cause Prologue, a piece of the full game, will pull everyone in for a massive franchise like GT.

Top Bottom