• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/26 - 6/1

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
favouriteflavour said:
Same amount of new releases so its fair enough. What this says to me is that the number of core gamers on both platforms is fairly even.
So it doesn't matter what's released, one new release should always sell as much as another?

Osuwari

forget about Beautiful Letter Training!

10./00. [NDS] Empty Space Training (Benesse) - 25,000 / NEW

what in the hell is this one about?!? the name sounds ridiculous lol and i can't imagine what you do. how to sort your empty space?

also, if it wasn't for new releases, there would be 0 HD games on the top 30. really dire situation. was the GC this bad?

SSBB almost out of top 30. did it manage to beat SSB64?

btw, from what old franchise is glory of heracles? i thought it was a new IP.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
iifu said:
51YMXRnbe%2BL._SS400_.jpg

I really hope little Japanese boys masturbate to something better than this.

sciplore

Osuwari said:
forget about Beautiful Letter Training!

what in the hell is this one about?!? the name sounds ridiculous lol and i can't imagine what you do. how to sort your empty space?
also, if it wasn't for new releases, there would be 0 HD games on the top 30. really dire situation. was the GC this bad?

SSBB almost out of top 30. did it manage to beat SSB64?

btw, from what old franchise is glory of heracles? i thought it was a new IP.

Actually I thought the exact same thing as you when I saw the name but after clicking on the website (which by the way cheesemeister is so awesome and nice to provide for the games) its actually a collection of these neat little puzzle games that I hope (but very much doubt)makes it to the states.

Osuwari

sciplore said:
Actually I thought the exact same thing as you when I saw the name but after clicking on the website (which by the way cheesemeister is so awesome and nice to provide for the games) its actually a collection of these neat little puzzle games that I hope (but very much doubt)makes it to the states.

oh i see. thanks for the clear up.

still, it has a very bizarre name.

Terrell

Osuwari said:
oh i see. thanks for the clear up.

still, it has a very bizarre name.
Maybe a tongue-in-cheek joke about all the training games in Japan... but probably a cheap way to generate sales.
BTW, when I click on the page and go to the website for the game, Intelligent Systems' logo is at the bottom, someone care to explain that mystery?

Quite a discrepancy between Famitsu and MC numbers - will be interesting to see if the hw also strays away.

kenta said:
the...

PSP game debuts higher than a SRW game on DS?
126.694 was the best debut of a Gundam labeled game on DS yet. That being said Powapuro is really performing great, usually the handheld titles were slow burners up until now. If this displays the same legs it could be pretty big.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
CTLance said:
That was quite a bit in bad taste. I must admit I smirked nonetheless.

Concern that it might only crush every other system out there and not obliterate them?

CTLance

HK-47 said:
Concern that it might only crush every other system out there and not obliterate them?
So you caught my frantic stealth edit? Drat.
I somehow submitted a post in midsentence. I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but I did.
Now, back to my original post before the stealth edit (regarding the PSP/DS situation): I take it back. Still, I'd be uncomfortable with the sales as they are now if I worked at Nintendo. I'd only be content if the PSP was gone from the scene, so to speak. Maybe that'd take some resources, but it'd re-establish the Nintendo handheld monopoly and prevent a PSP successor from starting off from an established user base (however small it may be). But that's just me, and it was an unfinished thought I wasn't really going to post. Most of my posts die in preview mode, and rightfully so.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Verve said:
so you don't have that legs-feeling any more? asking especially regarding SSBBs performance..

The title always referred to somebody else's opinion, and my chart title was aping that. not unlike many jokes i attempt around here, it wasn't funny nor understood, so i removed all stupid titles off my charts.

I don't have an opinion on Mario Kart Wii other than it is selling very well, and on Wii Fit, it's selling unbelievably well.

I liked one comment in the previous thread so I'm bringing it here in full remake force.

PSP dominance in the top10 will continue next week thanks to the amazing, carefully planned lineup of games that were released today:

Medical 91 Portable (Takuyo)

And thats about it!

Its a port of the 2005 PS2 game, which was also ported to PC, and its going to cost 6090Y becuase Takuyo superb games need the tax to cover the high budget it took to make the game.

The cover will take you to the game super professional website:

I will NOT pay any medical fees for brain injuries produced by that website

HK-47 said:
That is the most sarcasm free post I have ever seen
This company whole PSP lineup also is:

PSP Plus Plum 2 Again Portable 11/16/06
PSP Little Aid Portable 05/17/07
PSP E'tude Prologue: Yureugoku Kokoro no Katachi Portable 06/28/07
PSP For Symphony: With All One's Heart Portable 07/26/07
PSP Kaitou Apricot Portable 10/25/07
PSP Medical 91 Portable 06/12/08
PSP HimeHibi: Princess Days Portable 07/17/08
PSP Panic Palette Portable 07/31/08
PSP Hoshigari Empusa Q3 2008

No, the last one doesn't break the trend, the name is still TBC.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
The cover will take you to the game super professional website:

Are doctors in Japan required by law to hold their hands out like that?

Kweh said:
Wasn't BattleFantasia released last week?
It was.

Famitsu:
First day numbers:
PS3 Battle Fantasia - 2.000 (20-30% sell through)
360 Battle Fantasia - 1.500 (20-30% sell through)

First week numbers:
PS3 Battle Fantasia 3.100
360 Battle Fantasia 2.300

Big bomb, even with the low expectations and around 10k, 7.5k first shipment. We might see it on the charts once we get the positions from 30-50.

rSpooky

Wow, hand held gaming is pretty huge in japan isn't it? Go psp.. nice

Could be a good focuspoint for SONY next gen.

[I know i'd love to see a game system that takes the psp/ps3 connectivity we have now, way beyond its current limits and offer people a system that you can play at home and when you travel you can continue on your portable.]

Vinci

Danish
Galactic Fork said:
Are doctors in Japan required by law to hold their hands out like that?

Having been a patient in a Japanese hospital at one point, I can confirm that they do in fact hold their hand out like that whilst making a diagnosis.

EDIT: I think it has something to do with how they view doctors. They still have a very strong belief that doctors are always right, must be listened to, and should be shown immense respect; I think the hand gesture is akin to them linking doctors with magicians or wizards.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Vinnk- with some high profile releases coming out soon (Shiren 3, MGS4, ToS:KoR), could we get some Vinnk's Village updates in the weeks ahead?

Jokeropia

favouriteflavour said:
Same amount of new releases so its fair enough. What this says to me is that the number of core gamers on both platforms is fairly even.
Making that assumption based on one week is completely nonsensical. Total core games sales on DS >>>>> total core game sales on PSP.

Pawapuro 3 PSP first week is just wrong. Not only its nowhere near previous PSP games, you just can't find Pawapuro debuting over 100k unless you are the main series on the leader platform, and even in that case, I wonder if Pawapuro 15 PS2 will hit these numbers.

Btw, DBZBL, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Shiren 3 sure don't look too good going by comgnet point systems comparing them to previous games in their respective franchises...

kottila

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Btw, DBZBL, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Shiren 3 sure don't look too good going by comgnet point systems comparing them to previous games in their respective franchises...

Explanation please?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Wait... NG2 is untertracking NGB and NG? That would be fucked. I figured DBZBL will bomb; I don't think going PS360 was the right solution to slow the haemorrhage of sales from DBZBT.

kottila said:
Explanation please?

He's referring to a large-ish chain of stores in Japan that releases pseudo-sales information in the form of "points", which can be multiplied in an effort to form a VERY VERY VERY rough estimate of how things are doing.

Stumpokapow said:
Wait... NG2 is untertracking NGB and NG? That would be fucked. I figured DBZBL will bomb; I don't think going PS360 was the right solution to slow the haemorrhage of sales from DBZBT.
Yeah, NG2 doesn't make it to top20 which cuts at 34pt but going from YSO guys who seem to follow this stuff, Sigma was at 39pt and NG Xbox at 152pt. Sigma opened less than 1k higher than NG ironically, 40.8k vs 39.9k. This is like the epytome of the anecdotal evidence anyway, specially multiplying by fixed amounts and all, I rather compare titles from the same franchise, with huge amounts of salt that is.

EDIT: Uhm, just thought they might not be counting it since its CERO Z?

NeonZ

Stumpokapow said:
I figured DBZBL will bomb; I don't think going PS360 was the right solution to slow the haemorrhage of sales from DBZBT.

BL's problems aren't only the systems. It probably would have bombed in any other system, even PS2. The game has less characters and costumes than the first PS2 Budokai and limited 1 player modes and arenas.

The only thing it had going for it was the return to the Budokai series gameplay and PS3/360 graphics - but the audience buying these games probably doesn't care about the gameplay as much as the licenses and others might prefer the Sparking series.

Just noticed I made quite a big mistake: Latest japanese masterpiece, Medical 91 Portable, wasn't released this week, its the only PSP title next week (6/12). PSP actually has 0 releases this week.

ksamedi

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Just noticed I made quite a big mistake: Latest japanese masterpiece, Medical 91 Portable, wasn't released this week, its the only PSP title next week (6/12). PSP actually has 0 releases this week.

So the tides will turn again next week?

Anyway, its kind of a pitty for the PSP that all there software support has dried out, I guess the new found succes with monster hunter will probably trigger additional projects but it will take a while before we see the results of this.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Ah man, I was really looking forward to seeing Medical 91 Portable first day numbers tomorrow. :(

DNF

3 PSP titles in top 10
2 DS titles in top 10

The tides....they are turning

2h2goi1.jpg

Did you know that PSP-games in Media Create Top30 doubled between the weeks 21 and 22 in 2008? If this trend continues...aaaay!

Haunted

Is there a big/high profile game on the release lists in the next weeks?

DNF said:
2h2goi1.jpg

Did you know that PSP-games in Media Create Top30 doubled between the weeks 21 and 22 in 2008? If this trend continues...aaaay!
:lol

Still a good showing for PSP. Its sustained high hardware sales simply have to show themselves in the software charts eventually.

Top Bottom