• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 8/20 - 8/26

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Tabris said:
Yeah, my bad, sometimes it's hard to remember which thread you're in when you're halfway through reading a bunch of posts and you see something you want to reply to. In all seriousness, I really do believe FFVII: CC will sell over a million copies and will see an increase in the number of games from SE on the platform.

I'm also happy that sales are starting to not be 100% nintendo dominant in these threads. Anyways, have fun with this thread.
Errr...

NDS - 20
PS2 - 4
WII - 4
PSP - 1
PS3 - 1

Compared to last week:
NDS - 20
PS2 - 3
WII - 5
PSP - 1
PS3 - 1

Yea, real change in trends coming!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Defuser said:
Check for FFVII:CC preorders vinnk.

I know FF:Crisis Core will sell well. In fact it will probably end up being the highest selling PSP game ever, or rank in the top 10.

To say it wont sell well is stupid; but considering how long they developed it, how much they hyped it, and how much money was poured into the project, it would be a disaster if it didn't sell insanely well.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tabris said:
Yeah, my bad, sometimes it's hard to remember which thread you're in when you're halfway through reading a bunch of posts and you see something you want to reply to. In all seriousness, I really do believe FFVII: CC will sell over a million copies and will see an increase in the number of games from SE on the platform.
:lol Holy shit Tabris. Is this a new low for you?

cvxfreak

Hcoregamer00 said:
I am kidding also, in terms of support SquareEnix is supporting the DS and PSP much more than any handheld before, but it definitely could be better.

The DQ4-6 remakes is a good road that I hope SE does (in which I mean remaking games that really haven't yet caught on in the USA). Maybe one day we can get a DS port of Tobal and Tobal 2 along with Parasite Eve

I'm wondering when the DS will get a PSone port as well (I'm told DQIV isn't, FM might but I don't know for sure). Even the PSP ended up with FF Tactics even though SE is continuing the series on DS.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
cvxfreak said:
I'm wondering when the DS will get a PSone port as well (I'm told DQIV isn't, FM might but I don't know for sure). Even the PSP ended up with FF Tactics even though SE is continuing the series on DS.

I think it has to do with effort, to port a PSone game to the PSP it doesn't take too much effort. To port a PSone game to the DS it take a lot of effort because of cartridge limitations.

cvxfreak

Hcoregamer00 said:
I think it has to do with effort, to port a PSone game to the PSP it doesn't take too much effort. To port a PSone game to the DS it take a lot of effort because of cartridge limitations.

I thought Capcom proved that PSone -> DS ports were viable. REDS is great (if you like classic RE). Then again there was effort put into that one, so you're probably right.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I would still like to see some sort of new IP wave from Square Enix regardless of platform or handheld. The DS seems the most likely candidate due to development costs and userbase.. if only my wish would come true~

Xeke said:
He;s gust running ouy of idaea s.

Untitled-2.gif

Tabris said:
I'm also happy that sales are starting to not be 100% nintendo dominant in these threads.
But... in both hardware and software, Nintendo continues to gain a higher percentage of market share every week?
Hcoregamer00 said:
If the small amount of FMV from FF Tactics was excluded, it could quite easily fit on current DS cards.

apotema

Very los sales overall, the calm before the Q4 storm.... I think 2007 has been a little underwhelming in terms of DS BIG titles sales, the only really big games so far are Yoshi and Zelda, and none of them has been a million seller, please tell me if X game says hi

sphinx

the piano man
cvxfreak said:
I thought Capcom proved that PSone -> DS ports were viable. REDS is great (if you like classic RE). Then again there was effort put into that one, so you're probably right.

you consider RE:DS a worthy port? I have mixed feelings.

The fact that there is voice acting through out the whole game gives a good impression, but the VA itself is atrocious. I don't remember the PS1 game but wasn't the DS port downgraded?

anyway, if we could get RE2:DS I'd be happy.

cvxfreak

sphinx said:
you consider RE:DS a worthy port? I have mixed feelings.

The fact that there is voice acting through out the whole game gives a good impression, but the VA itself is atrocious. I don't remember the PS1 game but wasn't the DS port downgraded?

anyway, if we could get RE2:DS I'd be happy.

REDS is superior to the original in almost every way. The visuals are far better, for one. The character models and animations were completely redone, but the audio was pretty much kept. So, the voice acting... you'll just have to forgive it for being classic RE. :p

sphinx

the piano man
Pristine_Condition said:
WTF?

If FF: Crisis Core on the PSP does better than that, (which sorta seems possible now,) the internets will asplode.

not quite.

the internets will only assplode if FFVII:CC sells more than a million (thus outselling FFIII:DS) and turns into the 2nd non-game on PSP, after MHP2.

Pristine_Condition said:
WTF?

If FF: Crisis Core on the PSP does better than that, (which sorta seems possible now,) the internets will asplode.

... FFVII: DoC, a complete PoS, managed to sell 500K. Why wouldn't Crisis Core do at least equitable numbers?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Pristine_Condition said:
WTF?

Why wouldn't a numbered spin-off do better than a spin-off? S-E will probably even ship more copies of CC:FFVII than they did for FF:CC-RoF.

lupin23rd

Bladestorm is out today isn't it?

PS3 might have a bump next week if the bundle sells. Wonder if the game will sell around 100k.

Leonsito

sphinx said:
not quite.

the internets will only assplode if FFVII:CC do not sells more than a million (thus outselling FFIII:DS) and turns into the 2nd non-game on PSP, after MHP2.

Fixed, who doesn't expect 1+ million from FFVII:CC ?

Leonsito said:
Fixed, who doesn't expect 1+ million from FFVII:CC ?
Me :/

lol @ FFCC DS. At least Musou stopped its downfall, although the real challenge comes in November, Shin Sangoku Musou 5. Nice showing for Dragoneer Aria...I don't remember their other game title (you know the one SCEJ published) and performance but being a Nipponichi-published title it looks solid for them. At least it should outsell Disgaea Portable (40k).

AniHawk

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Me :/

lol @ FFCC DS. At least Musou stopped its downfall, although the real challenge comes in November, Shin Sangoku Musou 5. Nice showing for Dragoneer Aria...I don't remember their other game title (you know the one SCEJ published) and performance but being a Nipponichi-published title it looks solid for them. At least it should outsell Disgaea Portable (40k).

DA was a pretty awful game from what I hear (the highest rating it got in the west was an 8.5 from Play). It would be a shame if it DID outsell "Afternoon of Darkness."

AniHawk said:
DA was a pretty awful game from what I hear (the highest rating it got in the west was an 8.5 from Play). It would be a shame if it DID outsell "Afternoon of Darkness."
I know Hitmaker doesn't do justice to its name, thus why I would prefer to compare it with their other PSP game, but I don't remember its title and/or performance :/

edit: nevermind, its Blade Dancer but I can't find any numbers for it ><

ccbfan said:
OUCH for FFCC. Thats way lower than I expected. Couldn't imagine it getting beat by the GCN version.

As crazy as it may sound if, FF7CC does well, it could be a huge coup for sony to get more FFs on the PSP. Since FF3 its been a pretty bad drought for S-E on the DS. Their games have been either bombing or under performing left and right. Hopefully FF4 Remake does well cause I want FF5 and FF6 too.

:lol

Frillen

Hmm, I just realised that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 is coming out the same week as FFVII:CC

Should be a interesting week :D

Top Bottom