• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2016 (Mar 14 - Mar 20)

L~A

I think he gives 210k for Dark Souls and 360k for Joker 3?

That's what one of the users in the comment believe, and sounds definitely reasonable (at least the DQMJ3 number). Definitely a bit on the low side, but legs should be good.

And they're doing it after the release and not before?
Maybe they realized that something was going wrong here lol

No idea. It's really weird. I don't think it's them reacting to bad sales (it started on Monday morning, I doubt you could arrange that sort of stuff in a couple of days.

Maybe they saw the positive reception following demo, and realised they could afford to spare some money for proper advertising? ;)

Rakuten Weekly Comment

- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 is the best selling game of the week, however it seems the positions given by Rakuten, point that there were not so much difference in sales comparing it to Dark Souls 3. It possibly only may affect this online site, though.

- For next week, Yo-Kai Romance of the Three Kingdoms seems to have the crown. The game has been the most pre-ordered game some weeks in a row since launch, so it is expected a good start. Splatoon amiibo are selling quite well, and it seems Splatoon merchandising is doing well in other categories.

http://ranking.rakuten.co.jp/weekly/101205/

No surprise for DQMJ3, it's the 3rd DQM game on 3DS, and the... what, 6th, 7th Dragon Quest game on 3DS? Since this one doesn't have any New 3DS optimisations at all, no reason to upgrade either (not even a bundle or anything).

Really curious about Yo-kai Sangokushi. This one will be interesting.

Also, LEGO Star Wars 7 announced for Japan, usual platforms.

> http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/30102365.html

I'm still surprised those get localised, especially all the versions.

Xenoboy

PREDICTION LEAGUE APRIL 2016

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Mar 28 to May 01):

[PS4] Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (32 days) - 181k
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (30 days) - 343k
[PS4 + PSV] One Piece: Burning Blood (11 days) - 97k
[WIU] Star Fox Zero (11 days) - 21k
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (4 days) - 82k
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (4 days) - 193k

DrWong

PREDICTION LEAGUE APRIL 2016

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Mar 28 to May 01):

[PS4] Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (32 days) - 165K
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (30 days) - 416K
[PS4 + PSV] One Piece: Burning Blood (11 days) - 107K
[WIU] Star Fox Zero (11 days) - 53K
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (4 days) - 100K
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (4 days) - 201K

L~A

DS2 opened like 250k but DQMJ2 sold like 600k for the first week.

Makes 360k for DQMJ3 believable then. Drop is worse than I expected, but if legs are there (if...), should be ok in the long run.

By the way, for EU Gaffers: 3PM CEST / 2PM BST for new numbers from now on (DST).

test_account

XP-39C²
And they're doing it after the release and not before?
Maybe they realized that something was going wrong here lol
Unless the game has really bad word to mouth, i dont think this will have any negative effect. Its there to make more people aware and interested in the game, and it being out now means that people can buy it right now.

Bruno MB

Makes 360k for DQMJ3 believable then. Drop is worse than I expected, but if legs are there (if...), should be ok in the long run.

By the way, for EU Gaffers: 3PM CEST / 2PM BST for new numbers from now on (DST).

I had forgotten about Daylight Saving Time. This means we still have 15 minutes left in case somebody wants to modify or post the predictions for April.

Darius

Banned
That's what one of the users in the comment believe, and sounds definitely reasonable (at least the DQMJ3 number). Definitely a bit on the low side, but legs should be good.

No idea. It's really weird. I don't think it's them reacting to bad sales (it started on Monday morning, I doubt you could arrange that sort of stuff in a couple of days.

Maybe they saw the positive reception following demo, and realised they could afford to spare some money for proper advertising? ;)

No surprise for DQMJ3, it's the 3rd DQM game on 3DS, and the... what, 6th, 7th Dragon Quest game on 3DS? Since this one doesn't have any New 3DS optimisations at all, no reason to upgrade either (not even a bundle or anything).

Really curious about Yo-kai Sangokushi. This one will be interesting.

It wasn´t necessarily the launch sales, since we as did SQEX have seen lower preorders compared to the remakes weeks ago with no major improvement leading to the releasedate, to get an idea how it could perform. Also it´s actually the first completely new DQM game, so I would argue that it might have had even more potential with a different approach, compared to the sales potential the remakes had, the previous games actually helped built the audience and I doubt there is any fatigue since the last DQM remake launched years ago.

Unless the game has really bad word to mouth, i dont think this will have any negative effect. Its there to make more people aware and interested in the game, and it being out now means that people can buy it right now.

By this logic, why do any expensive promotion at all? Maybe we should tell SQEX that they can safe alot of money when it comes to marketing FF15 ;)

This year is very interesting for the genre on 3DS, considering MHS, Pkmn and YW3 will follow later this year. The latter two will assuredly take a more pro-active role in marketing and I expect both to sell great on 3DS, mainly due to this, despite having several entries and spin-offs of these IPs already on 3DS. MHS is interesting since it´s pretty much a wild card.

L~A

Media Create:

PS4 34,377
New3DS LL 22,639
Vita 20,068
New3DS 5,773
Wii U 4,545
3DS 2,322
PS3 1,290
3DS LL 365
Xbox One 55

DQMJ3: 368k
DS3: 210k

Good legs for the Happy Price Selection titles.

Top Bottom