• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2017 (Apr 17 - Apr 23)

BriBri

I am busy with paid work all evening but some digital numbers:-
Monster Hunter XX - 82,818
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 33,500
1-2 Switch - 5,817
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) 6,700
Super Bomberman R - 3,822
Snipperclips - 39,726 (+ 10,062 download cards)
Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 - 1,305
Puyo Puyo Tetris S - 1,482

Principate

Saint Titanfall
1-2 Switch - 5,817
Not bad at all for Zelda.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
1-2 Switch - 5,817

tfw you realise that Zelda: Botw saw bigger first month digital sales in Japan than in US (25,000), at least according to Famitsu.

giphy.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Echoes seems to have done fine for a remake that came out of nowhere.

Fire Emblem output is getting way too saturated, I almost want (mainline?) FE Switch to be pushed back to 2019...
Complaining about too many FE releases... What a time to be alive.

Nah I want my HD Fire Emblem for Switch... 2018 - for all we know the western release might be 2019 anyways.

What does it mean "it won't make it to the DQXI launch"? Is Sony going to retire the console just on Japanese sales alone before DQXI comes out? PS4's going to slip on a banana and break its legs before reaching DQXi's time? Are there some assassins hidden nearby PS4's house ready to kill it once it tries to approach DQXI?

No, seriously, I don't comprehend the meaning of "making it" in this context XD

It's been dropping several k per week so evidently will be doing negative numbers by the time DQ comes out.

Mpl90

Like the Wii U in its first months in Europe. Good old times.

Naah, the good old times were when Princess Peach wrote the PR for May 2007 NPD results. Those were good
high
times.

random25

1-2 Switch - 5,817

That's some good numbers for Snipperclips.

A very solid start for the Switch in Japan. 40k per week with large bumps for four or five games per year would give it yearly sales of around 2.5 million which I think Nintendo would be more than happy with.

I really wish we got as in depth sales stats for the EU countries and America.

noshten

1-2 Switch - 5,817

So close to 50K, another success story for the Switch - very much expect Snipperclips to be have surpassed 300K WW at this stage - 500K is doable for the year due to it's price. Wonder if there are other similar smaller projects Nintendo has been working on for the Switch.

Mpl90

Wait what? What happened there or were you litterally high.

Seriously, context is needed here.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6741299&postcount=692

A Message From Peach
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my! All this attention is enough to make a girl blush!

As a princess I’m used to being adored, but this is just too much! I know I’m probably sounding like a broken record, but once again my friends at the NPD Group are telling me that Wii and Nintendo DS finished May as the most popular systems in the United States.

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful support! Nintendo couldn’t have made it back to the top without you. You’re all Mario-caliber heroes in my book.

Now I’m not one to brag, but some of the top games of this month happen to feature someone very pretty and popular – me! I’m talking about the super-fun Mario Party 8 and Super Paper Mario for Wii. Sure, Mario gets top billing, but from where I sit (on my throne), I’d say he’s earned it. Besides, my own game on Nintendo DS, Super Princess Peach, is still selling strong, showing that a girl can do anything she puts her mind to.

I think all my Super Princess Peach fans would have just as much fun working to earn their Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree. I’m not in that one, but don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere. Be sure to watch for me in my super-stylish soccer gear in Mario Strikers Charged, which arrives on Wii on July 30. I can’t wait!

Kisses!

Peach

vaporeon

Complaining about too many FE releases... What a time to be alive.

Nah I want my HD Fire Emblem for Switch... 2018 - for all we know the western release might be 2019 anyways.
I know right, this lil franchise has come so far...
And that is possible! Unless we get a turnaround like Echoes is managed.

So close to 50K, another success story for the Switch - very much expect Snipperclips to be have surpassed 300K WW at this stage - 500K is doable for the year due to it's price. Wonder if there are other similar smaller projects Nintendo has been working on for the Switch.

There is a controller bundle too at least in some parts of the world.

Durante

Nvidia are laughing all the way to the bank right now. Like this is serious cocaine party level.
I don't think so -- this is an extremely low-margin business compared to almost everything else NV does. I wouldn't be surprised if e.g. the Audi deal was a more significant move for Tegra. Switch is nice, but probably more about mindshare than profit.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't think so -- this is an extremely low-margin business compared to almost everything else NV does. I wouldn't be surprised if e.g. the Audi deal was a more significant move for Tegra. Switch is nice, but probably more about mindshare than profit.

It keeps pays for and sustains tegra development for a good decade allowing them to without issue follow other ventures with it. Can't get more of win than that for them. May not be massively profitable but large volume consistent buyer is a high volume consistent buyer.

Passose

Banned
What does it mean "it won't make it to the DQXI launch"? Is Sony going to retire the console just on Japanese sales alone before DQXI comes out? PS4's going to slip on a banana and break its legs before reaching DQXi's time? Are there some assassins hidden nearby PS4's house ready to kill it once it tries to approach DQXI?

No, seriously, I don't comprehend the meaning of "making it" in this context XD
Idk, this week sales is really a big decline compared to earlier this year, I know that the console won't have any big seller until july but eh, it should do better than this

Datschge

oh cmon. they should be able to fix that stocking issue in the comming months.
What makes you so sure about that? Nobody knows how the demand will develop in the different regions in the coming months and Nintendo, aside of the 3DS and Wii U disasters, tend to stay on the conservative side to a fault (them doubling production early on is already a big step).

Waji

Price drop is right around the same time as Splatoon 2 launching.
It doesn't make any sense.
Why would they drop the price of a successful system exactly when one of the most popular game is released ?
Splatoon 2 is here to ensure the Switch will sell through summer (and more), so why would they drop the price when they're certain to sell their system ?

Edit : Ok I saw the post explaining a few pages before.

jonno394

Why would they drop the price of a successful system exactly when one of the most popular game is released ?
Splatoon 2 is here to ensure the Switch will sell through summer (and more), so why would they drop the price when they're certain to sell their system ?

Just fyi the poster was referring to the original​ 3ds price drop taking place close in its first year to when splatoon 2 is dropping in switches first year. Theres about a four week gap though.

3DS price drop.
I'm not sure if it's official or rumoured though.

Edit:
Just fyi the poster was referring to the original​ 3ds price drop taking place close in its first year to when splatoon 2 is dropping in switches first year. Theres about a four week gap though.

Oh THAT price drop! Nvm then

I don't remember what the digital was supposed to be for Dark Souls III, but the game may have passed 500K with those additional sales. Whatever FromSoftware is cooking, it's not going to be easy to reach this level of success once again.

Waji

Yes just saw that. Edited my post.

Let's hope the Switch keeps going in the same direction for a long while until third party feel confident enough to follow.

You're ignoring the possibility that Switch is but the first of many Nintendo consoles to use Nvidia hardware. There is nothing stopping Nintendo and Nvidia making a nice little GTX 1060 level dedicated home console in time for Holiday 2018. The possibilities are endless, the more hardware options Nintendo offer, the more hardware they will sell.

Peléo

FatZ48O.jpg

*Does not include remakes.

Breath of the Wild beat Skyward Sword and is close to surpassing Twilight Princess in Japan.

Curious to see how it will turn out. These are the attach rate numbers for those interested.

Zelda Attach rate
Legend of Zelda 10.5%
Adventures of Link 7.1%
A Link to the Past 9.4%
Ocarina of Time 23.0%
Majora's Mask 10.3%
Wind Waker 20.0%
Twilight Princess 6.9%
Skyward Sword 4%

Not a bad debut for FE Echoes. It's a remake of an unpopular entry, so it did just fine.
Zelda at 500k combined, next stop 600k!
Spelunker did better than I thought it would at 7k.
Switch already at 700k. 1m is just on the horizon.
Next week's numbers should be exciting with MK8D and Golden Week starting. Hoping for 100k Switch units sold, but we'll see how much Nintendo ships out.

As for the PS4, it's doing about as expected for not getting big titles currently. It'll be interesting to see what it settles at in the coming months before DQXI hits.

Top Bottom