• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2012 (Sep 24 - Sep 30)

There is still XIII-3, Versus (lol), Metal Gear, and whatever ports it gets that also come out for Wii U. The Last Guardian probably won't sell regardless.

Depends what you mean by fine. If you mean it won't collapse to like sub 5k numbers than sure. I highly doubt it does better than this year ever again though. Also I wonder if FF13-3 could actually launch at sub 500k numbers lol.

Takao

Banned
Media Create:
[PSP] Ys Seven (Nihon Falcom) - 33,349 / 70,280
[PSP] Ys Seven PSP The Best (Nihon Falcom) - 1520 / 11,406
[PSP] Ys I & II: Chronicles (Nihon Falcom) - 18,660 / 31,456
[PSP] Ys: Oath of Felghana (Nihon Falcom) - 16,167 / 30,218

[PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2012.09.27} (¥7.140) - 42.146

Good debut for Foilage Ocean.

[PSP] Earth Defense Force 2 Portable (D3 Publisher) - 23,419 / 77,283
[PSP] Earth Defense Force 2 Portable - Double-enlistment Pack (D3 Publisher) - 40,376 / 49,019

[PSV] Earth Defense Force 3 Portable <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2012.09.27} (¥6.090) - 12.952
[PSV] Earth Defense Force 3 Portable - Double-enlistment Pack <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2012.09.27} (¥6.090) - 14.827

Poor debut for EDF3.

Jackano

PS3 hasn't hit $199 yet. It should do fine through 2013.

But what will japanese gamers do since the Wii U will have MonHun from dayone?
The price don't make a huge difference, the system has a shorter lifetime ahead...

And amusingly, people start (again) to cite XIII-3 and MGS as system sellers. A few years back, we were laughting at this with striked lists of titles (including FF XIII and MGS4) that should have make the ps3 finally skyrocketing ahead the Wii.
Now that's spin-offs, this is not even a fair battle!

Celine

Yep.
DC_sorpasso.jpg
Bwahaha.
Nice citation.

I think the PS3 drop is due to the new model, but I don't expect a huge boost next week, maybe 20k at the most.

Just asking but... any chance that PS3 could pass the Wii?

4 millions is not that much, I guess. And there's still the price cut thing (next year maybe), Wii U, etc.

Highly unlikely, but it will end up a lot closer than what people would have thought 2 years ago. My guess is around ~2 million behind the Wii LTD when it's all said and done.

WiiU (and Nintendo) will effectively kill the Wii after the thing launches, but the WiiU will also effect the PS3. However, with a couple of price drops and some AAA games means that the PS3 can continue to sell ~8-10k on non holiday weeks for a couple of years IMO. The PSP is gonna pass 20 million, no one thought that would ever happen in 2009.

I know I am beating a dead horse, but I'm just in shock that this is what Sony has for Vita's second holiday in its most important reason. This is just malpractice.

If they didn't have a history of supporting their main consoles for a long time and didn't come out and say they were supporting the thing for '10 years', then I would think they would kill the vita off next year. However, I do not see how they can revive this damn thing, they would need a relaunch of epic proportions with new SKUs, colors, sizes, etc along with AAA games (that appeal to each market) to get this ball rolling. I honestly do not see that happening, but am interested in seeing how it all plays out.

AKB 1/149 is the biggest remaining Vita title this year, and the only one that has a chance of breaking even 200K. Speaks for itself.

AKB really ain't gonna go near 200k on vita, its multiplat with PSP and sorry for using a COMGnet comparison but the vita version is lagging so so far behind the PSP one, 85pt for PSP not even on the list for vita (sub 26pt)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
29./31. [3DS] Little Battlers eXperience: Explosive Boost <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.07.05} (¥4.400) - 3.342 / 142.997 (+1%)

Oh.

I can't believe that they are not announcing a 3DS version of the next chapter.
Oh, wait..it's Level 5: so I understand why they are not announcing it: this way they can splash the sales for months (from the release on PSP/Vita to a March release on 3DS of the same game)

BTW, goop spike for PSP due to cut price and new interesting title. Obvious decrese for PS3 waiting for the new model.
Good result for YS, and good bump for 3DS due to the new color.

Takao

Banned
Medarot after 3 weeks (via Famitsu)

21./13. [NDS] Medarot DS: Kuwagata/Kabuto (Rocket Company) - 5,946 / 78,556 (-44%)
14./04. [3DS] Medarot 7: Kabuto / Kuwagata <RPG> (Rocket Company) {2012.09.13} (¥6.090) - 8.876 / 88.599 (-54%)

About 35k left to sell ...

beril

I wonder if it will take Vita longer to reach 2 million units sold than it did to reach 1 million.

What you should be wondering is if it will ever reach 2 million.... kidding... or am I?...

though seriously, considering that about 50% of it's LTD sales were during the first 4 weeks, it would require a miracle, or a complete turn around for it to reach 2 million in another 10 months

I'm wondering if girls mode could have a much higher than average percentage of sales from the eshop seeing as that would allow buyers of the game to buy it without feeling embarrassed?

What you should be wondering is if it will ever reach 2 million.... kidding... or am I?...

though seriously, considering that about 50% of it's LTD sales were during the first 4 weeks, it would require a miracle, or a complete turn around for it to reach 2 million in another 10 months

With current trends it'd be unlikely to make it to 2 million next year

Kinvara

I actually expected the PSV to cross streams with the Dreamcast some time in August but it managed to hold on until now.

Poor Vita.

watershed

Banned
I'm wondering if girls mode could have a much higher than average percentage of sales from the eshop seeing as that would allow buyers of the game to buy it without feeling embarrassed?

If this mentality is true I can only imagine how much New Love Plus could have sold if it were available on the eshop at the time.

Media Create:
[PSP] Ys Seven (Nihon Falcom) - 33,349 / 70,280
[PSP] Ys Seven PSP The Best (Nihon Falcom) - 1520 / 11,406
[PSP] Ys I & II: Chronicles (Nihon Falcom) - 18,660 / 31,456
[PSP] Ys: Oath of Felghana (Nihon Falcom) - 16,167 / 30,218

[PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2012.09.27} (¥7.140) - 42.146

Good debut for Foilage Ocean.

[PSP] Earth Defense Force 2 Portable (D3 Publisher) - 23,419 / 77,283
[PSP] Earth Defense Force 2 Portable - Double-enlistment Pack (D3 Publisher) - 40,376 / 49,019

[PSV] Earth Defense Force 3 Portable <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2012.09.27} (¥6.090) - 12.952
[PSV] Earth Defense Force 3 Portable - Double-enlistment Pack <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2012.09.27} (¥6.090) - 14.827

Poor debut for EDF3.
Original EDF2 sold nearly 200k copies at full price.
Original EDF3 (2017) sold 25k copies at full price.

I clearly can see the difference in Portable performance

Shurayuki

You leave all feelings of shame and embarrassment at the gate of Akiba, what happens in Akiba stays in Akiba.
No worries there!

(What they really need to do is cross game functionality -> being able to dress up the LP girls in Style Savvy = $$$)

If they didn't have a history of supporting their main consoles for a long time and didn't come out and say they were supporting the thing for '10 years', then I would think they would kill the vita off next year. However, I do not see how they can revive this damn thing, they would need a relaunch of epic proportions with new SKUs, colors, sizes, etc along with AAA games (that appeal to each market) to get this ball rolling. I honestly do not see that happening, but am interested in seeing how it all plays out.

That would take a large amount of financial investment, in production, advertisements and (apparently needed) moneyhats to get that relaunch. Do you think Sony is in a position to do this? Company wide they are hurting, worse the game division isnt really hot right now either. I just don't see it.

Kazerei

Banned
Original EDF2 sold nearly 200k copies at full price.
Original EDF3 (2017) sold 25k copies at full price.

I clearly can see the difference in Portable performance

EDF3 bombed 'cause it was only on 360. Yeah, EDF3P bombed cause it was on Vita, but I think expectations were a little higher. It's not really an issue of, say, game quality.

Can it even cross streams with wonderswan now? How much did WS sell so far?

Nah, WS only reached 940k. Even if you combine WS, WSC, and SC, that entire family only reached 1.76MM.

test_account

XP-39C²
I think it was a mistake to announce the new Vita colors that long in advance. Announced nearly two months before release. Probably wont have a huge effect in general, but i can see that some are waiting.

I think it was a mistake to announce the new Vita colors that long in advance. Announced nearly two months before release. Probably wont have a huge effect in general, but i can see that some are waiting.

I highly doubt this amounts to more than a couple of thousand people that are really affected. Maybe if there was anything special about the colors, or there actually software coming out, but since it's just straight up another color it doesn't matter.

test_account

XP-39C²
I highly doubt this amounts to more than a couple of thousand people that are really affected. Maybe if there was anything special about the colors, or there actually software coming out, but since it's just straight up another color it doesn't matter.
Yep, but when the sales are low, every unit counts hehe :p

Do you think it won't reach 2 million ?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Wow at those 3DS figures.
Amazing what a new color can do.

AKB really ain't gonna go near 200k on vita, its multiplat with PSP and sorry for using a COMGnet comparison but the vita version is lagging so so far behind the PSP one, 85pt for PSP not even on the list for vita (sub 26pt)

Well, I did say "a chance." I'm aware that it's multiplatform, but my thinking was that it had a decent shot at a high Vita:pSP ratio, due to being aimed at an audience that might prefer its waifus in as high a resolution as possible. But perhaps not.

Do you think it won't reach 2 million ?

Being realistic about Vita, it won't sell more than 250k this holiday and even that might be pushing it as bad as Vita's holiday lineup is. It will collapse right back down to sub 10k numbers the second the holidays are over and looking forward to next year the only big 3rd party title is God Eater which is also on PSP. Looking forward, if there aren't some major 3rd party announcements we don't know about it will be a long time before it hits 2 million and there is no guarantee Vita makes it that long.

Top Bottom