• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2013 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)

Of course it will. It's going to crush MH4.

I like how you specifically target MH4, which will most likely still sell what Capcom is able to ship out if previous weeks are any indication. Mainwhile Pokemon will most likely steamroll everything else in sight. Though I also expect GTAV to put up good numbers.

EDIT: Actually it will be a big week with the new Vita model, Tales, Danganropa etc. Should be a good week.

DaBoss

I guess its sooner, but Wii U has a even bigger incentive coming up in terms of waiting on hardware. Shrug, not like it really matters either way.

I don't think either of them have an "excuse". There may be reasons to wait to get the hardware later on.

saichi

Harvest Moon is a 200-300k series, so 3DS 2014 third party lineup is starting getting more crowded. Marvelous will certainly follow it with Rune Factory 5, probably Senran 2...wondering if Kaio still exists after so much time, even more Dragon Marked for Death XD

Kaio will come after Mighty No 9

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
famitsu

3DS(117739台)
PSP(3557
Vita(3670台)
Wii(1096台)
Wii U(3853台)
PS3(11152台)
Xbox 360(362台

First sub 4k weeks for Vita and Wii U. Vita kinda has an excuse, Wii U doesn't

WUT!?
there are bundles (two) incoming with a way better value proposition compared to the actual one (something like three games, sensor bar, fit meter, and remote + nunchak?)

test_account

XP-39C²
But what about Vita? So irrelevant analysts don't even care about its sales.

Will it go 1k like some systems do before a price cut / new model? IIRC, when the price was cut this year, some retailers already did it a few days in advance, so the sales weren't as low. But I haven't seen any story about people selling the new model yet.
I see that the numbers are out, but since we knew about the new model for some weeks now, would there be any reasons why the sales would drop much in the week before the new model? Honest question. How early did we know about the pricecuts for previous systems? Like when PS3 sold about 1k the week before the PS3 Slim was released?

Acosta

WUT!?
there are bundles (two) incoming with a way better value proposition compared to the actual one (something like three games, sensor bar, fit meter, and remote + nunchak?)

Honestly, as limited as it may be, the "excuse" of Vita sounds better than few bundles... We'll see.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Honestly, as limited as it may be, the "excuse" of Vita sounds better than few bundles... We'll see.

Those bundles are just ridiculous though. There is really no reason not to wait a few weeks.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

just to clarify: they are both simply horrible. find the best is really hard.
I just would not point out a new model with the exact same price as a bigger excuse compared to two bundles with possible strong (for the Wii U situations, note) games and tons of added value (there are three games, remote + nunchak, sensor bar inside, compared to the actual SKU)

test_account

XP-39C²
inferior screen and still not enough memory to do anything with, there is almost no reason to hold off for the new vita model
The built in memory is most likely there to elimiate the reason for having a memorycard for savegames. So in that sense it has a good usage for those who doesnt download anything. There is also longer battery life, but most importantly sales wise is probably the new colors.

if people are waiting for the wiiu bundle maybe people are waiting for that og 3g vita bundle with 32 gb card and hsg that comes out the same day

nobody is waiting for either

Acosta

inferior screen and still not enough memory to do anything with, there is almost no reason to hold off for the new vita model

Sorry frankie, I don't have the patience for you today. If you think a new model with new colors and some niche software incoming won't do anything for Vita, suit yourself.

do you even know what these bundles are? you'd have to be thick as pig shit to buy a wii u before they hit

Yeah, yeah, they will sell millions I'm sure people are lining up already for a chance to play Wii Party and Wii Sports.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah, yeah, they will sell millions I'm sure people are lining up already for a chance to play Wii Party and Wii Sports.

You are kind of misrepresenting the bundles. Yes, it includes Wii Party U, but it also includes NSMB U which has a >50% attach rate and other accessories.

Jonnyram

do you even know what these bundles are? you'd have to be thick as pig shit to buy a wii u before they hit
I think the generally accepted stance is that price is not the issue. That applies to both Vita and Wii U. A hardware revision changes the picture only slightly, but it changes the picture nonetheless.

Acosta

just to clarify: they are both simply horrible. find the best is really hard.
I just would not point out a new model with the exact same price as a bigger excuse compared to two bundles with possible strong (for the Wii U situations, note) games and tons of added value (there are three games, remote + nunchak, sensor bar inside, compared to the actual SKU)

I'm not really sure about the appeal of the content of bundles, that's all. They are generous, no doubt, I just don't know if the appeal is there. But hey, Nintendo may surprise me again.

Vita had a bit of more health before the announcement of the new model, so I want to know if is that, the Monsterapocalypse, or both. That's the only thing I'm curious about.

The built in memory is most likely there to elimiate the reason for having a memorycard for savegames. So in that sense it has a good usage for those who doesnt download anything. There is also longer battery life, but most importantly sales wise is probably the new colors.

don't know how much memory vita saves usually use but I cant 1gb lasting long after a few saves, some patches and a bit of dlc, even without actually downloading any games the built in memory is pathetic and a memory card will be necessary soon enough, the only thing it helps with is not having to buy one as soon as you buy the system

Sorry frankie, I don't have the patience for you today. If you think a new model with new colors and some niche software incoming won't do anything for Vita, suit yourself.

the colours will help they always do but overall its a bit of a poor revision without even a price cut to sweeten the deal

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I'm not really sure about the appeal of the content of bundles, that's all. They are generous, no doubt, I just don't know if the appeal is there. But hey, Nintendo may surprise me again.

Vita had a bit of more health before the announcement of the new model, so I want to know if is that, the Monsterapocalypse, or both. That's the only thing I'm curious about.

I don't think that people is expecting those bundles to sell millions, honestly.
all the comments about the wii u bundles were referred to a first post that pointed out a reason for Vita negating a reason for Wii U for the actual decrease

decrease and increase are related to the actual horrible sales of both devices. that's all.

Me too I'm not sure about the potential sales of Fit and Party (but what if they will sell like Nintendo Land? great decrease compared to the previous episodes, but still way better then the actual barren lineup of the wii u, right?), but for it's quite obvious that the bundles are better then the actual SKU. There are the same things, with the same price, plus other additional things. Among those also MarioU and accessories.

just to put it in context

wiiUfamilybundles.jpg

top ones for the same price as a Wii U now with NOTHING
bottom ones for just a tiny bit extra

test_account

XP-39C²
don't know how much memory vita saves usually use but I cant 1gb lasting long after a few saves, some patches and a bit of dlc, even without actually downloading any games the built in memory is pathetic and a memory card will be necessary soon enough, the only thing it helps with is not having to buy one as soon as you buy the system
Vita savegames are usually small after my experience. Recently playing Killzone Mercenary and the savegame is 517KB or something. Soul Sacrifice after maybe 100 hours of play is about 3MB for me. If you're getting DLC and downloading patches, then you're downloading stuff though. If you're going to download stuff, then 1GB isnt much space indeed, but i am sure there are several of people who never connect the device to the internet, and that is most likely what the built-in memory is intented for. Its included with no extra costs anyway (the system price is the same), so people arent losing out on anything.

If you're getting DLC and downloading patches, then you're downloading stuff. I'm sure there are several of people who never connect the device to the internet, and that is most likely what the built-in memory is intented for. Its included for free anyway (the system price is the same), so people arent losing out on anything.

cant imagine the numbers that don't connect at all a very high but theres a bit of a difference between downloading patches/dlc and actually downloading full games, oh and i'm not saying people are losing out with the memory (though they could be with the screen) just that its a bit of a pathetic amount

cant imagine the numbers that don't connect at all a very high but theres a bit of a difference between downloading patches/dlc and actually downloading full games, oh and i'm not saying people are losing out with the memory (though they could be with the screen) just that its a bit of a pathetic amount

so your saying there more likely to wait for the 24000 yen 32gb hsg bundle? dont lose out on screen save 25 bucks over individual rrp and get a free game?

Top Bottom