• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2013 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)

Holy Shit at that sell-through....ridiculous.

It's basically Portable 3rd again. Except Capcom isn't shipping as many copies this time around - I guess being available digitally helps but demand for the retail version is obviously still high.

Just checked Amazon and used copies are going for really high prices too.

Is he saying that the total could be around 2.7 + 10%
compared to the 3mil of MHP3?
that would be very close, especially considering the non-holiday period.
He is using days comparison, but if we're looking at end of week total sales then it's not that close. Portable 3rd was around ~3.5m at this point iirc.

liger05

Enterbrain -MH4 its sold/shipped ratio is 99.6% which means almost zero inventory at retail and thats almost 3 weeks after launch.

Can the Haterz who seemed to claim MH4 was not performing on the 3DS please stand up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
WiiU sales at 4k. lulz. New low?

NSMBU/WiiParty U Bundle incoming - buying one before it would be kinda dumb. But yeah....sales are bad.

MH4 is a fuckin monster, didnt expect it to sell as well as MHP3rd - depending on how much they can ship and sell this holiday season it might end up selling more than 4 million copies its first years.

L~A

And here I thought, last week, that MH4 shortages were somewhat behind us... It's crazy that we're getting 99% sell-through 3 weeks after launch. Looks like the game could've reached 3 millions before the end of October if the shortages weren't that bad. Actually, it probably will reach 3 millions by the end of the month, if we include download cards + sales on the eShop. 4 millions before the end of 2013... quite possible, but I'm not sure it'll reach that.

That's mighty impressive, really. It's kinda like AC: New Leaf all over again, but even better. Makes you wonder what the hell Capcom was thinking with their 2.8 millions by March 31st target...

By the way, before we get the actual Media Create numbers, what is the lowest week for the Wii U? I believe it was around 5k, right? Or did it go below that?

Atram

i´m more interested in how the Vita will do this (next)week, it seems MH4 and Pkmn will kill every release in the next 4 Weeks.

I would be not suprised to see 3DS Numbers at 300-350k (even more).

Road

But what about Vita? So irrelevant analysts don't even care about its sales.

Will it go 1k like some systems do before a price cut / new model? IIRC, when the price was cut this year, some retailers already did it a few days in advance, so the sales weren't as low. But I haven't seen any story about people selling the new model yet.

I'm not very familiar with Compile Heart, so I was wonder how does this compare to their previous works and if this was a good number to them

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/08/fairy-fencer-f-isnt-even-yet-already-moved-100000-copies/

I read that as the sales goal (as Chris1964 posted).

They most likely haven't shipped 100k. Remember when people were wondering why the shipped numbers for Conception II were lower than what Sinobi reported? Because they were probably also only the sales goal. Sinobi didn't use 目標 that time, but he started using it since then.

But what about Vita? So irrelevant analysts don't even care about its sales.

Will it go 1k like some systems do before a price cut / new model? IIRC, when the price was cut this year, some retailers already did it a few days in advance, so the sales weren't as low. But I haven't seen any story about people selling the new model yet.

some quick math would give around 7.4k for psp/wii/360/vita assuming no real change for the older stuff should be around 2.2k for vita?

Bruno MB

01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 # <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.09.14} (¥5.990) - 165.000 / 2.707.000 <99,6%> (10.000 units in stock)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Harvest Moon is a 200-300k series, so 3DS 2014 third party lineup is starting getting more crowded. Marvelous will certainly follow it with Rune Factory 5, probably Senran 2...wondering if Kaio still exists after so much time, even more Dragon Marked for Death XD

L~A

I dunno why but I don't expect the NSMBU/Wii Party U bundle to make any real difference :\

Oh, it WILL make a difference
probably
, it's just that without a new major release to go along with it, the sales bump will quite likely be limited in time AND units.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I was about to protest the repetition :)

This time next year, we'll be amazed *if* the Xbox One hits 4k in a week :)

How could I forget something like two pages of posts with people quoting you and answering with things like "10/10", "Damn", "Woah", and lots of gifs. If only it happened this year, it'd have been a whole page of antoniobanderas.gif

You know Antonio is the main actor for the last ad campaign of Mulino Bianco here in Italy, guys? :lol

And here I thought, last week, that MH4 shortages were somewhat behind us... It's crazy that we're getting 99% sell-through 3 weeks after launch. Looks like the game could've reached 3 millions before the end of October if the shortages weren't that bad. Actually, it probably will reach 3 millions by the end of the month, if we include download cards + sales on the eShop. 4 millions before the end of 2013... quite possible, but I'm not sure it'll reach that.

That's mighty impressive, really. It's kinda like AC: New Leaf all over again, but even better. Makes you wonder what the hell Capcom was thinking with their 2.8 millions by March 31st target...

By the way, before we get the actual Media Create numbers, what is the lowest week for the Wii U? I believe it was around 5k, right? Or did it go below that?
Pretty clear now that MH4 will surpass MHP3rd, contrary to many people who thought it wouldn't do so well, thinking it'd take MH5 to achieve that feat. I guess they took MH3G sales the wrong way.

Oh, it WILL make a difference
probably
, it's just that without a new major release to go along with it, the sales bump will quite likely be limited in time AND units.
Yep. It will take more than a bundle to get the WiiU out of its rot. Amazing how much of a waste Nintendo's headstart is becoming - even in Japan.

Pretty clear now that MH4 will surpass MHP3rd, contrary to many people who thought it wouldn't do so well, thinking it'd take MH5 to achieve that feat. I guess they took MH3G sales the wrong way.
Eh...4.8m LTD is still some ways to go.

A bit too early to say.

Outselling 3rd will be decided by long term legs not sales in initial 2 months.

Madouu

It's nice to have a solid number on stock levels for MH4, I've seen quite a few posters asking about it.

Pretty impressive to be honest, I guess Chris' prediction of long term stock issues for this game is pretty realistic after all.

A bit too early to say.

Outselling 3rd will be decided by long term legs not sales in initial 2 months.
After seeing MH3G's legs, do you doubt MH4's? The only thing that would have altered my opinion is if the game debut lower, but it was selling faster than MHP3rd during launch and its still sold out, we're looking at least 4M by years end, and it'll be selling for years.

AC:NL launched around the holidays and yet MH4's impact on hardware sales looks even greater than AC:NL. The momentum helped by Pokemon and the upcoming holiday is gonna do wonders for it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
After seeing MH3G's legs, do you doubt MH4's? The only thing that would have altered my opinion is if the game debut lower, but it was selling faster than MHP3rd during launch and its still sold out, we're looking at least 4M by years end, and it'll be selling for years.

don't know, we'll see. for sure, it could compete, and that's a great news for the game (considering how it was the symbol of the PSP back in the days, in a healthier market and so on)

Bruno MB

Media Create: Week 37, 2013 (Sep 09 - Sep 15)

Wii U - 5.003

Famitsu: Week 25, 2013 (Jun 17 - Jun 23)

Wii U - 4.236

Sequels to annualised or bi annualised franchise becoming more front loaded is hardly suprising.

Sequels to annualised or bi annualised franchise becoming more front loaded is hardly suprising.
MH is a annualised franchise now? Explain AC:NL's performance then. Saying its more front-loaded is only half the truth, its the fact that its selling even faster then its predecessors with monstrous legs. Front-loaded franchises would be games like MGS, Resident Evil or Tales where the sales are getting more frontloaded with virtually no legs to push the franchise to greater heights.

L~A

Media Create: Week 37, 2013 (Sep 09 - Sep 15)

Wii U - 5.003

Famitsu: Week 25, 2013 (Jun 17 - Jun 23)

Wii U - 4.236

Thanks a lot of for the numbers!

And damn, didn't know we already had a new "record" in september... I was sure the Wii U hadn't gone lower than what it did in early 2013.
The holiday line-up isn't really "japanese-friendly", which is why I'm kinda worried about Japan (not so much about the West). Then again, it could appeal to families and all (cf: Taiko, which keeps selling well even now), but I'm not too confident.

2014 sure is going to be interesting for the Wii U in Japan. Actually, October 30th comes first, and I cant wait to learn more about what Nintendo intends to do in the future.

And about MH4, it's pretty clear most people underestimated it, even those (like me) who expected it to rock everything. Then again, it's my first main MH release as sale-age (as I didn't check MC numbers often during the Wii era, though I did before during the GC days).

Foshy

famitsu

3DS&#65288;117739&#21488;&#65289;
PSP&#65288;3557
Vita&#65288;3670&#21488;&#65289;
Wii&#65288;1096&#21488;&#65289;
Wii U&#65288;3853&#21488;&#65289;
PS3&#65288;11152&#21488;&#65289;
Xbox 360&#65288;362&#21488;

First sub 4k weeks for Vita and Wii U. Vita kinda has an excuse, Wii U doesn't

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
famitsu

PSP&#65288;3557

Not that it really matters, but how does Vita have an excuse and Wii U doesn't?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
famitsu

PSP&#65288;3557

Does Wii u not? The bundles releasing soon are just the same Wii U you get now, but with NSMBU on top and some accessories without additional cost, aren't they? NSMBU is a game with one of the highest attach ratio ever (in part, surely thanks to the extremely dreadful sales of the console), so it seems to be attractive to a lot of people and thus this bundle should be a price drop for most potential buyers, or am I missing something here?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
A week before new colors?

I guess its sooner, but Wii U has a even bigger incentive coming up in terms of waiting on hardware. Shrug, not like it really matters either way.

Top Bottom