• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2017 (Oct 09 - Oct 15)

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Yikes. Fire Emblem Warriors' mediocre performance kind of makes me worried about Xenoblade 2

I mean, yeah the games are not at all the same or alike. But I feel they've a similar "look and feel" about them in a sense on a surface/marketing level.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Fire Emblem I believe is a more popular and known IP than Xenoblade. and while Warriors isn't a typical FE game, it doesn't seem like just being released on the Switch has helped it any.
So far, the Switch's Fire Emblem Warriors is selling in near lockstep with the PS4's Warriors All-Stars from earlier this year. The respective n3DS and the Vita versions are selling very closely, too. I'd say that it is decent evidence that the problem lies more with the Warriors franchise than anything else. So there's even less of a connection to Xenoblade to be concerned about.

Media Create:
03./00. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800) - 41.491 / NEW
09./03. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800) - 8.024 / 49.514 (-81%)
16./09. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800) - 4.387 / 53.429 <60-80%> (-48%)

02./00. [PS4] Warriors All-Stars # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.03.30} (¥7.800) - 40.368 / NEW
06./02. [PS4] Warriors All-Stars # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.03.30} (¥7.800) - 8.577 / 48.946 (-79%)
16./06. [PS4] Warriors All-Stars # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.03.30} (¥7.800) - 3.117 / 52.062 (-64%)

(All-Star's fizzled out after this point, not to chart high enough for numbers again, but was in the Famitsu 1st Half of 2017 sales at about 60k. FEW looks like it should leg it out a little further.)

Does Tokyo Mirage Sessions count as a Fire Emblem Spin Off? But I guess that one didn't do so well either right?

Japan:

Media-create:
253./191. [WIU] Tokyo Mirage Session FE # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.12.26} (¥6.700) - 18.663 / 51.970 (-44%) (26.340 <48,16%>)
Famitsu:
LTD: 36.868 + 2.613 digital ---> 39.481

No LTD sales for others countries.

US: ~ 50.000 June 2016 NPD

UK: First week, 18th place in the all-format charts (16th single-format)

Yodobashi Umeda store in Osaka:

DMe8AuqVoAAD1lr.jpg

ggx2ac

There's no place for an expensive B-tier RPG. If I want a throwback, comfort food RPG, I have plenty of other options. I can give Kemco 2 bucks or play an indie game like Earthlock or something.

I still have my physical copy preordered on the SE store.

Speaking of Kemco, Revenant Saga from Kemco releases on the Switch eShop today in Japan and the West.

noshten

Overcooked up to 3rd place in the Japanese eShop Chart, overtaking Snipperclips.
Wonder if it can maintain a top 10 place for the entire month, there is a few co-op games with this amount of content/polish/accessibility, makes you wonder why outside of Bomberman we haven't seen Japanese publishers greenlight a smaller project like this. Especially with Snipperclips, Bomberman and now Overcooked doing so well both domestically and internationally.

Fiendcode

That was not really the same game, even if it shared the name.

And that's a weird straw to clutch at
Not that weird, you were just wrong. Xanadu Next even released on N-Gage after DS and PSP had released. Also it is the same game even if it uses a different engine and was downported. Ys I and II were the same games on PC88, FM7, MSX, Famicom or PCE too even though they had similar (if not greater) differences between versions.

I recall previously Kondo saying they went with PSP because of UMD though. That was a big sticking point versus DS, which made people wonder if things might be reevaluated when it came to 3DS vs Vita early on.

Fdkn

Allright, Falcom is lying because Nokia paid for an outsourced version of the game, that released even before the internally developed PC version, for the astronomicaly successful system N-gage.

are you happy now?

Allright, Falcom is lying because Nokia paid for an outsourced version of the game, that released even before the internally developed PC version, for the astronomicaly successful system N-gage.

are you happy now?
If you want to have a good argument and have others seeing your views seriously,don’t act like an asshole and constantly using strawman.Just sayin’ this as an outsider

2m units for the Switch in the US (as of September). Not quite at 2m in Japan, so US got more shipments so far.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...s-Nintendo-Systems-Claim-Two-Thirds-September

"Nintendo Switch has already surpassed 2 million units sold in the U.S. alone"

More 2m, good :)

"When combined with the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the plug-and-play Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, Nintendo systems claimed two-thirds of the month's total video game hardware sales. "

After the Japan Pac-man, the US Pac-man :p

"Nintendo Switch games again occupied multiple spots in the list of best-selling individual games of the month, including Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from Ubisoft at No. 7, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at No. 10 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at No. 11. Also, the Metroid: Samus Returns game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems debuted at No. 8. "

8th for metroid samus returns is pretty good, the 7th place is good too for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle :)

Fiendcode

are you happy now?
It was still Falcom produced. Sure there are unique circumstances (Nokia’s dumptruck of money, farming out to Scriptarts using their mobile Ys engine) but it’s still a counter example to your notion PSP was the only possible solution here. I think PSP still made complete sense for Falcom anyway given the performance and storage they were targeting.

No one’s saying Falcom’s lying, stop leaping to strawman absolutes and try to temper your tone little, kay?

Fdkn

No one's saying Falcom's lying, stop leaping to strawman absolutes and try to temper your tone little, kay?

You must have missed the last two pages, where in fact people were discussing that Falcom lied about their motives in the interview.

Then you chimed in with an irrelevant exception regarding the full picture, and I guess I put you on that category too. My mistake.

MomoQca

Xenoblade Wii

ComG! preorders, last day: 72 pt

Famitsu, first week:
01./00. [WII] Xenoblade (Nintendo) - 79,163 / NEW

LTD: 163.442

Media-create:
01. / 00. [WII] Xenoblade (Nintendo) - 82.952 / NEW

LTD: 00./00. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - * / 197.000

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

ComG! preorders, last day: 26 pt

Famitsu, first week:
03./00. [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D |new 3DS| <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.04.02} (¥3.996) - 43.762 / NEW <40-60%>

LTD: 80. [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D |new 3DS| <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.04.02} (¥3.996) - 85.454

Media-create:
03./00. [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D |new 3DS| <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.04.02} (¥3.996) - 56.932 / NEW <58,66%>

LTD: 357./070. [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D |New Nintendo 2DS/New Nintendo 3DS| <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.04.02} (¥3.700) - 10.288 / 113.783 (-90%) (56.932 <58,66%>)

Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U

ComG! preorders, last day: 69 pt

Famitsu, first week:
03./00. [WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.04.29} (¥8.316) - 88.544 / NEW <60-80%>

LTD: 114.665 ( digital 22.805) ----> 137.470

Media-create:
03./00. [WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.04.29} (¥8.316) - 85.586 / NEW

LTD: 389./064. [WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.04.29} (¥7.700) - 8.753 / 127.366 (-93%) (85.586 <72,01%>)

Right, no LTD Xenoblade Chronicles X ww sales but we have some figures for the launch:

US: over 200.000 copies for December 2015 (NPD)
http://nintendoeverything.com/decem...-x-and-devils-third-sales-ltd-wii-u3ds-games/

UK: "Wii U exclusive ‘Xenoblade Chronicles X’ debuts at No28 with sales up 73% on the launch week of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, which released on the Wii in 2011."
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2294&s=1111
~ 10.000 for the first week (between 9.500/11.400 from oscar Lemaire)

France:
"Xenoblade Chronicles X has already sold over 40 000 units in France (in less than two weeks). "
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/n...-france-xenoblade-chronicles-x-splatoon-more/

Don't forget digital sales!

According to Famitsu, X had 22,805 digital downloads in May 2015. Keep in mind that this number is only for the month of May.

Using all known data, Xenoblade X has sold 400,171 copies worldwide.

Nyoro SF

It was still Falcom produced. Sure there are unique circumstances (Nokia’s dumptruck of money, farming out to Scriptarts using their mobile Ys engine) but it’s still a counter example to your notion PSP was the only possible solution here. I think PSP still made complete sense for Falcom anyway given the performance and storage they were targeting.

No one’s saying Falcom’s lying, stop leaping to strawman absolutes and try to temper your tone little, kay?

Xanadu Next on N-Gage is a barely playable mess of a game... if anything, your "example" only proves Kondo's interview statement and Fdkn's statements further.

If all you wanted to do was bring up a totally useless exception for no particular reason other than to say "gotcha", I suppose you succeeded. Shall we talk about Ys Strategy next?

One of the best RPG in the gen. Sad to see this as the staff wanted to make a sequel with even more characters.
Idk,I like the game but it was far from the best in my opinion.The game was like the smt team trying to make a persona game,the characters are bland while the characters should be the focus of the game,the dungeons are too complicated for that type of game,I don’t think I will enjoy persona 4 if the dungeons are too complicated like smt games,the story is just.......... ugh

Idk,I like the game but it was far from the best in my opinion.The game was like the smt team trying to make a persona game,the characters are bland while the characters should be the focus of the game,the dungeons are too complicated for that type of game,I don’t think I will enjoy persona 4 if the dungeons are too complicated like smt games,the story is just.......... ugh

Gameplay and dungeons were excellent to me. I love how fast and stylish everything is. Art style is amazing too and I loved the FE nods.

Those TMS#FE numbers hurt.

Hell yeah :(

"Gameplay and dungeons were excellent to me. I love how fast and stylish everything is. Art style is amazing too and I loved the FE nods."

And sessions combos are wonderful , more 20 sessions combos = nirvana :) dual arts are very good too, a real good game with so many good ideas :)

casiopao

Why u dont likey that Finaru Batoru Song lol.^_^ FAIA EMBUREMU Is soo good.^_^

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
8th for metroid samus returns is pretty good, the 7th place is good too for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle :)
Better wait for numbers and legs first, I still remember some posts about the good opening of Metroid in Japan.

Nintendo provived rankings by units and not by value, so don't expect any big numbers.

Better wait for numbers and legs first, I still remember some posts about the good opening of Metroid in Japan.

Nintendo provived rankings by units and not by value, so don't expect any big numbers.

7th and 8th for "niche" games in US i think it's good, idk if they will have legs but 7th and 8th is good for the first month in US.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Numbers are fine for what these games are, just don't be surprised if neither of them enters the million sellers list.

Linkura

Man, looking at the 20-40% sell through of Lost Sphear now that we have Famitsu numbers... SE was clearly not expecting a bomba.

I thought Rabbids would debut higher than that... but I guess we'll see

Pretty sad honestly. But maybe the numbers are higher given the platform splits. Destiny and NBA could be over 600k a piece on X1 and PS4. Then with fifa and random other games you coukd still be seeing a 300k+ launch without digital.

Guys, seriously, did you think that mario + rabbids (a new tactical on a new console) would sell how much? 10 millions WW? Come on...

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Hints from Nintendo business meeting some time ago were for a big Switch restock at the end of October and a big Super Famicom Mini restock at the beginning of November.

When dust from this week's releases settles down there will be more info from retailer blogs.

Vinnk

I thought Rabbids would debut higher than that... but I guess we'll see

Really? I was surprised it hit #7. It's a great game but it's a niche genre. And this is the month Destiny 2 and a bunch of sports games came out.

Were peoples expectations really that high?

Mory Dunz

Guys, seriously, did you think that mario + rabbids (a new tactical on a new console) would sell how much? 10 millions WW? Come on...

3-5m.

And if it was already the best selling physical third party game way back when, it would've been pretty close to a million with digital I would imagine.

So 3-5m isn't out of the question at all.

Since we're throwing out random numbers, what were you all expecting? 500k or something?

3-5m.

And if it was already the best selling physical third party game way back when, it would've been pretty close to a million with digital I would imagine.

So 3-5m isn't out of the question at all.

Since we're throwing out random numbers, what were you all expecting? 500k or something?

Between 1 and 2m lifetime, it's a new tactical game on a new console.

Top Bottom