• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 44, 2012 (Oct 29 - Nov 04)

omonimo

Banned
They making a bigger profit on each unit sold is a idiotic strategy? I may not like it as a consumer but it makes business sense for them to chase a greater profit at a lower cost.

Keep in mind ps3 sales dropped compared last years, I don't know how much more could be that profit, if console sell less.

...I'd still buy one at the right price if I thought I knew what Sony's strategy for the system is.

They are (officially) happy with current sales, despite a second forecast revision. A price cut apparently will come next year.

Is this a strategy? I'm not sure.

BadWolf

They are (officially) happy with current sales, despite a second forecast revision. A price cut apparently will come next year.

Is this a strategy? I'm not sure.

Doing anything this year (in the face of WiiU's launch) is pretty much pointless, whatever they do will just be lost in the mix and wasted.

Whatever measures they take will be in the first or second quarter of next year I think.

gconsole

They making a bigger profit on each unit sold is a idiotic strategy? I may not like it as a consumer but it makes business sense for them to chase a greater profit at a lower cost.

They will already have bigger profit with revised hardware (cheaper part and manufacture cost). Maintaining the same price is one thing, but making it more expensive? That doesn't seems wise. Especially for 7 years old hardware.

At this point. They should make it more broad. With lower price, I believe they still gain more profit. Sigh ...

Blablurn

At least nintendo had the balls to cut the 3DS price. But maybe i can understand sony... I mean, who says the vita will sell at an even lower price. Its still a plattform with a shockingly low flow of new games.

Pranay

The only thing with Vita they can do is get a decent line up first and then go for a price slash.

Till then they will rely on PSP Sales not completely dying now

Mileena

Banned
The only thing with Vita they can do is get a decent line up first and then go for a price slash.

Till then they will rely on PSP Sales not completely dying now
They're not gonna get a decent lineup though, at least from third parties. I don't see how its possible for the system to not die within 2013, the sales are gonna keep dropping every week like they have been.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
How much did some platforms sell near their first Holiday seasons ( not launch one)?

Week 44

| PSV | 5.368 |

| Gamecube | 15.697 |
| Xbox | 2.655 |
| Xbox 360 | 1.290 |
|PS3 | 16.130 |

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Isn't it scheduled a Winning Eleven 2013 version for 10/11?

Nor Vita or Wii U are getting it this year. Konami stated that they are studying the best way of exploit the exclusive features of both console for next year (without announcing those versions officially yet)

Celine

DC_sorpasso.jpg
Cannot be stressed enough how awesome this image is.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Glad i'm not a Vita owner... i would be scared of seeing Sony pull the plug within the next year or two.

Not sure if this needs to be posted now but in latest ps4 threads , their are a lot of rumours saying that Sony may release a portable devices along with ps4

With the Vita sales, you have to wonder if Vita will ever have a successor.

Pranay

Not sure if this needs to be posted now but in latest ps4 threads , their are a lot of rumours saying that Sony may release a portable devices along with ps4

Pranay

- one of the selling points of ps4 is that it will include a small detachable hardware that doubles as an android device with 3g connection , this device will carry ps4 games and psn titles on the road , the screen size will be as big as the one in iphone4. the point of this move is to launch PS4 with a future model of Sony bravia that support multi-touch screen and some PS4 titles will be touch only.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43991238&postcount=1393

I know its jeff rigby but that rumour hasnt been completely dismissed

Bumhead

Banned
With the Vita sales, you have to wonder if Vita will ever have a successor.

Sony will never release another dedicated handheld, but a touch screen accompaniment to the PS4 running Android is a smart move for the Playstation ecosystem that will allow them to compete on multiple fronts.

But they'll never sell another stand alone gaming handheld.

3DS doing great in Japan is great for Nintendo despite not doing great in the rest of the world. Sony. Jeez. If you can't succeed in Japan what hope is there? Japan could easily take off for the Vita given the right combo of games, but do they even have that on the way? It's sad going week to week wondering where the new bottom is going to be for sales numbers.

IMO.... Namco should not release a sequel to a main Tales game again, they should just keep making a new ones instead.

It would be better for the fans and for them.

Nor Vita or Wii U are getting it this year. Konami stated that they are studying the best way of exploit the exclusive features of both console for next year (without announcing those versions officially yet)
EU retailer leaks have a Wii U version of 2013 scheduled for Feb fwiw. Same source leaked other since confirmed games like Warriors Orochi 3 and NFSMW, so we'll see if this also pans out.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
EU retailer leaks have a Wii U version of 2013 scheduled for Feb fwiw. Same source leaked other since confirmed games like Warriors Orochi 3 and NFSMW, so we'll see if this also pans out.

I remember that. They also had F1 Racing Stars leaked for Wii U.
Let's see.

I think that Konami strategy of postpone nintendo version of the game each and every time (happened with DS, Wii and 3DS) and than shorten the delay with the second iteration (creating a gap of few months between the first and the second game) is not so good, but you know...better than nothing (as done for the GC - just one version of the game in the late lifecycle)

liger05

Glad i'm not a Vita owner... i would be scared of seeing Sony pull the plug within the next year or two.

Not a chance I am going to get one with sales this low. Western support for handhelds is not good enough and buying a 2nd 3DS (Japanese version) is far more important to me than getting a vita.

Winning Eleven just cannot shift numbers to a nintendo fanbase.

Vita isn't doing any different. This problem regarding Winning Eleven franchise on Nintendo consoles is because Konami delay constantly the Nintendo versions and it's fans lost interest to play on it. If they actually reasonably manage the franchise the way they do for Sony system for example, this can change.

Top Bottom