• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 52, 2013 (Dec 23 - Dec 29)

Takao

Banned
What are their individual prices?

32GB Wii U (black/white) + NSMBU + Wii Party U + Wii Remote = ¥32,800
32GB Wii U (black/white) + NSMBU + Wii Party U + Wii Fit U + Wii Remote = ¥ 34,800

Other Wii U SKUs:
32GB Wii U (black/white) = ¥ 31,500
8GB Wii U (white) = ¥ 26,250

Those are MSRPs btw.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
but will they show the true power of ffv

They already have three upcoming games, and we can assume Dragon Quest XI is a 3DS game too.

They plan to make Bravely yearly and have already trademarked Bravely third, so they do seem to be bothering to support the platform more.

Whoa.
Am I seeing that right? Despite the crazy amount of top flight software the 3DS got in 2013, it still shed 700k units compared to 2012?

Also, cool seeing Drakengard 3 still sell.
Just got my copy and will be rocking it hard these upcoming weeks.

Oregano

I hope to god Kawazu is bringing 3DS content. Maybe we can get a new hunting action Crystal Chronicles game and Romancing Saga 4 obviously.:D

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/0...asy-legend-25th-anniversary-new-announcement/

Square Enix's Kawazu impressed by Monster Hunter 4 sales.

"I was most impressed by how smoothly Monster Hunter 4 sold, I felt that Monster Hunter showed me the true powers of the Nintendo 3DS.”

Time to make Final Fantasy Crystal Hunters for 3DS.

edit: although that quote sounds like Valkyrie Profile. "By the powers of the Nintendo 3DS! Divine Assault! Nibelung Valesti!"

Whoa.
Am I see that right? Despite the crazy amount of top flight software the 3DS got in 2013, it still shed 700k units compared to 2012?

Also, cool seeing Drakengard 3 still sell.
Just got my copy and will be rocking it hard these upcoming weeks.
XL+NSMB2+AC:NL. I expected 3DS to outsell its prior year as well given software releases but then again last year had a new hardware launch and AC was a much bigger hit than expected.

okay, that's makes perfect sense.
Though, the massive one-two punch of XL+Animal Crossing that might also be part of why Nintendo's projections for this FY were sort of bloated.

Oregano

edit: although that quote sounds like Valkyrie Profile. "By the powers of the Nintendo 3DS! Divine Assault! Nibelung Valesti!"

I like the cut of your jib son.

I don't get why they didn't make a CC Hunting Action. Crystal Bearers bombed(even though I loved it) but even Echoes of Time did over 300K and they even set up a cross platform engine for it!

It would be an easy transition for the franchise and now on 3DS they can even reuse assets from the original Crystal Chronicles and Crystal Bearers. Crystal Bearers in particular has a lot of monster assets that are perfect for Mon Hun style bosses.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
okay, that's makes perfect sense.
Though, the massive one-two punch of XL+Animal Crossing that might also be part of why Nintendo's projections for this FY were sort of bloated.

They weren't that bad for the 3DS in Japan actually. They predicted 5 million and the 3DS is pretty much there.

I imagine the biggest boost for next year will be the 2DS, so they'll try to line up software to take advantage of the fact. If they can get DQXI exclusive they with Pokémon Z and around 10K yen 2DS they can make a fine good stab at beating this years YTD

Wii U outsold PS3 this year!

Homerscoresatouchdown_zpsc519cc11.gif

You couldn't wait to post this. Probably bust a nut when you hit submit.

I don't see anyone gloating about less shitty WiiU sales.

watershed

Banned
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/0...asy-legend-25th-anniversary-new-announcement/

"I was most impressed by how smoothly Monster Hunter 4 sold, I felt that Monster Hunter showed me the true powers of the Nintendo 3DS.”

I love any quote that makes it sound like SE is gonna work on the 3ds more. I'd love for it to get a real final fantasy game of some sort. Not a mainline game but at least something substantial.

Oregano

I love any quote that makes it sound like SE is gonna work on the 3ds more. I'd love for it to get a real final fantasy game of some sort. Not a mainline game but at least something substantial.

It already has, they just named it Bravely Default instead.

RPGamer92

Banned

"We're proud to announce... Puzzles and Dragons: Final Fantasy Edition for 3DS for the low, low price of just 7500 yen!"

Shengar

From that news, I fear that SE might even more likely to put insane sales target for Bravely Second. It's like "hey Monster Hunter 4 can sold millions, why wouldn't guys at least reach half a million too"

zroid

Banned
From that news, I fear that SE might even more likely to put insane sales target for Bravely Second. It's like "hey Monster Hunter 4 can sold million, why wouldn't guys at least reach half a million too"

When they realize that's impossible, they'll add more insane microtransactions to try and squeeze out that revenue.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

You left out part of the quote. :p

Siliconera said:
“I was also impressed by the idea of having a game system within smart devices,” he continues. “I believe that it’s safe to say that devices with enjoyable content will always stand out.”

Wow, FFX on the Vita did really well. Hopefully these cross-platform titles continue to PS4 generation. If the Vita keeps getting PS3/PS4 games it can stabilize as Sony console companion in Japan. I know Sony is trying to push Vita remote play but that is not comparable to a true port with a cross-save feature.

“I was also impressed by the idea of having a game system within smart devices,” he continues. “I believe that it’s safe to say that devices with enjoyable content will always stand out.”

SQE is going to SQE.

So I think I heard we will be getting digital sales numbers this year. Is that correct? Will it be weekly or only monthly? And will it include the LTD digital sales (e.g. pre-2014) also?

Shengar

When they realize that's impossible, they'll add more insane microtransactions to try and squeeze out that revenue.

And to put final nail to the coffin, they cancelled Bravely Third as they dubbed Bravely Second as a failure.

You left out part of the quote. :p

Wait
"A game system within smart deivce"
What he mean is smartphone and tablet yes? Nothing changed then.

Logash

I am glad the HD remaster is selling well. I hope they end up making a remaster of 12 after all. I never got a chance to play 12 back when it was originally released. Now that I am an adult and can actually wrap my head around the changes they made to the battle system, I feel like I would be able to fully enjoy the story.

rjinaz

You couldn't wait to post this. Probably bust a nut when you hit submit.

I don't see anyone gloating about less shitty WiiU sales.

Did you miss the joke? Or maybe I'm just confused about your anger. The gif shows that even though the Wii U scored a touchdown against the PS3, it's still getting it's butt kicked and will lose the game.

If you are a Wii U fan you should be happy because at least this is a sign of life.

If you are a PS3 fan well, not sure why you would care so much to be offended about sales of a past generation console which were great.

Did you miss the joke? Or maybe I'm just confused about your anger. The gif shows that even though the Wii U scored a touchdown against the PS3, it's still getting it's butt kicked and will lose the game.

If you are a Wii U fan you should be happy because at least this is a sign of life.

If you are a PS3 fan well, not sure why you would care so much to be offended about sales of a past generation console which were great.

Yep. I'm raging over here. lol at being angry.
I guess I misinterpreted the joke. I'm not putting a cape on for any corporation.
Enough of you do that without me adding to the bullshit.

Asd202

Even if we ignore the standalone Vita copies of FFX and FFX-2, it seems it beat out Lightning Returns.

Famitsu:
LR: 301,181
FFX/X-2 Combo Packs: 317,283

Good. This could lead to a trend of outsourcing the SE HD remasters. Hope XII is being made as we speak.

Gamerloid

Wii U did better than I expected for the month of December. Truly impressive. I thought the Vita would've been ahead of it in Week 52. Looking forward to New Years figures.

Wii U did better this week than during their launch period for same.

This is a bit of proof that Nintendo is banking on holiday sales while selling like shit the rest of the year.

Toth

As main as X-2 and XIII-2.

Because it's definetely not a spin-off.

edit: Oh wait, you are the one who tried to convince everyone Lighting Returns is a success in Japan at duckroll's thread.

Huh? I did not. I just said LR was profitable and SE should be pleased (but not ecstatic). As for LR, it is called LR, not FFXIII-3. It's as close to a spinoff as Dirge of Cerberus was.

Alrus

So I gotta wonder why Nintendo didn't ship more copies of Zelda, did they really expect it to barely do better than OoT 3D? Or were retailed still wary of taking higher shipment because of Spirit Track?

Oriel

Nintendo willl probably be relieved that its WiiU is still in the game, barely. But it'll be interesting to see the performance of the PS4 once it launches in a few weeks time. Still at least the 3DS continues to reign supreme in Japan. Dat chart domination!

Huh? I did not. I just said LR was profitable and SE should be pleased (but not ecstatic). As for LR, it is called LR, not FFXIII-3. It's as close to a spinoff as Dirge of Cerberus was.
You realise the only reason its called LR: FFXIII rather than FFXIII-3 is because of FFXIII-2's poor sales right?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Goli posted this in the Hitman tablet game thread and I thought I should share it here:

That's because Ace Attourney isn't really a very popular series, but SE has huge success on iOS (and the other mobile platforms as well, it seems). In most bigger iOS markets besides Japan their games usually reach high spots on the sale charts on release and subsequently they get small boosts on sales. For the western market in particular Deus Ex The Fall has been one of their biggest sellers so far IIRC, however, in Japan is where SE really dominates
Look at the current top 10 best selling paid games in Japan:
B4Bu0o8.png

Since its release in 12/12 DQVIII had been the best selling game despite its 2800 JPY (around 27 USD) price, and it was only now taken off the first spot by Final Fantasy V (because of SE's holiday sale), though FFV itself had also held the best selling app top spot for a while at the time of its release last year. Nearly all of their other releases have the same phenomenon as FFV where they get released and hold the top spot for a while, then they drop off a bit in the charts (while still being around the top 100) with huge boosts during sales. That's why they're focusing on mobiles, I think. They want to have the same success they have in Japan with games like FFV, or FFT in the west with games like Deus Ex The Fall or a mobile Hitman title.
It seems they're getting rather health iOS performance in Japan this year.

I think I won an avatar bet against someone. Or maybe I lost, I don't remember the terms, but IIRC I said that the 3DS would sell less this year than last year and the guy said it would sell more, not sure who it was though lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Goli posted this in the Hitman tablet game thread and I thought I should share it here:

Do we have any kind of numbers for the top 10 paid games (only games I presume, not apps on a whole)? What were the numbers we had for Square games on iOS?

It makes sense why they are so interested in mobile. I don't mind them putting their older titles on SE, in fact thats a good thing and other companies should follow.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Do we have any kind of numbers for the top 10 paid games (only games I presume, not apps on a whole)? What were the numbers we had for Square games on iOS?

Well with paid apps it's not uncommon for the top to be filling with games judging by looking at my phone.

We don't have numbers yet to my knowledge, though maybe Aquamarine or a data firm will have some as we proceed later into the year and things are collated.

Given their mobile focus, I'm kind of hoping Square Enix might share some in their fiscal reports, since they're pretty good about their retail products.

When I get a chance I can try and dig out how their revenue splits between phones/smart devices and consumer devices however.

Top Bottom