• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 52, 2013 (Dec 23 - Dec 29)

Going by history at next week's thread Nintendo hw will go even lower and Sony even higher (Vita maybe not since there was a big release and bundle this week).

Wii U upcoming collapse could start showing signs already from week 1 of 2014.

p.s. I remember comments for arrogance and crystal ball, quotes wiill come soon.

Hey Chris, are last week numbers on the usual time this wednesday or is it next week?

Ydahs

NSMBU attach rate is crazy. When you take into account digital downloads, it's likely that 70% of WiiU owners in Japan have purchased it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
FF 13 definitive edition/complete edition coming soon to a PS4/Xbone near you

It's a good way to keep Toriyama contained. Keep giving him XIII projects and keep him away from other games.

I hope sales for the X/X-2 remasters are good enough for SE's often crazy targets.

NSMBU attach rate is crazy. When you take into account digital downloads, it's likely that 70% of WiiU owners in Japan have purchased it.

It's bundled now. The attach rate was still really high before the bundle though

Week 52 and Week 1 are more important for Sony systems. Wednesday will be the decider on whether the holiday season was good or bad for Vita.

It really depends on what you thought Vita was going to be this holiday. If you were crazy (sorry Suppadoopa) thinking it would have some massive holiday turnaround leading to huge momentum then it didn't do so well. For a niche product like VIta which is all its ever going to be, it did fine.

Takao

Banned

Every Wii U bundle in Japan contains NSMBU:

Wb9fOZW.jpg
e2D4p6X.jpg

g6pu0M8.jpg
GybGrBp.jpg

There's little reason to buy a standalone Wii U when the bundles are so closely priced.

Ok Square Enix, get to work on FFXII HD. And throw in a HD remaster of Tactics War of the Lions or something for an Ivalice collection.

See...now you've done it.
Now I want a Vagrant Story HD remaster.

Anyways, Good numbers overall this week...though if hints are any indicator, the upcoming numbers might be...surprising.
GG FFX/X-2
GG WiiU
GG Vita.
May your fortunes this month be prolonged as the market sees fit.

DaBoss

Didn't Iwata say something about LM2 selling more than a million in a Nintendo Direct? I remember someone mentioning that, but that is either shipments or includes digital sales along with retail.

Lexxism

Didn't Iwata say something about LM2 selling more than a million in a Nintendo Direct? I remember someone mentioning that, but that is either shipments or includes digital sales along with retail.

If I'm correct, it includes digital sales. So, yeah, it already cross the 1 million mark.

So PS3 and PSV sales combined are about the same as LR. So...interest in FFX= the same as the interest in LR?

No because this is not FFX. It's FFX Remaster. FFX already released remember.

If it does it won't be based on those terrible hardware sales after 2 years

Look at it this way - software sales are quite high for the Vita games and publishers have often said that sales of their game has exceeded expectations on the Vita. I think more publishers are seeing that and they will support it more. And every week the userbase is increasing.

sörine

Banned
I don't agree but I can maybe see the argument. After the performance of Ocarina of Time 3D and Persona 4G it could easily set up bigger expectations for the game. However they were not multiplats and I think FFX has done just as well, or even better, than the FF ports on the GBA.
The GBA FF ports were all the 3rd or 2nd releases of those remakes though, they were all not only essentially multiplatform too but late as well. Here's each first week for each handheld FF port/remake.

[WSC] Final Fantasy (2000) 147,173
[WSC] Final Fantasy II (2001) 146,765
[WSC] Final Fantasy IV (2002) 19,928
[GBA] Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (2004) 136,634
[GBA] Final Fantasy IV Advance (2005) 98,811
[NDS] Final Fantasy III (2006) 501,701
[GBA] Final Fantasy V Advance (2006) 147,170
[GBA] Final Fantasy VI Advance (2006) 137,091
[PSP] Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (2007) 52,544
[PSP] Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition (2007) 33,979
[NDS] Final Fantasy IV (2007) 308,794
[PSP] Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (2011) 101,513
[PSP] Final Fantasy III (2012) 46,307
[PSV] Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster Twin Pack (2013) 134,645
[PSV] Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (2013) 22,619
[PSV] Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster (2013) less than 13,427

Well this is a little sad, at potential announcements from SE for the 3DS in the short term.
Or he's just laying the PR groundwork for the Romancing SaGa 4 3DS announcement.

2.275M Vita sold in Japan. I expect support to ramp up next year.

Ehh, I don't know about a ramp up. However, some smaller devs have seen success and will hopefully continue to bring software to it.
My anime-styled first person dungeon crawler cup shall continue to runneth over.
seriously, I love these things. Everyone should by Demon Gaze when it comes out in a couple months

Look at it this way - software sales are quite high for the Vita games and publishers have often said that sales of their game has exceeded expectations on the Vita. I think more publishers are seeing that and they will support it more. And every week the userbase is increasing.

Good luck with that. Developers are consolidating towards bigger games on handheld and console and the rest is going to mobile. I wouldn't be surprised if support actually dropped off. Of course Vita will get the same niche stuff it has been getting.

Toth

No because this is not FFX. It's FFX Remaster. FFX already released remember.

Okay I amend my statement: Interest in replaying FFX with a shiny coat of paint is about the same as LR. People seem happy with these numbers but were reveling when LR did similar numbers. Sigh.

For the PSV release of FFX and FFX-2 those 80-100% are sellthrough right?

Those seem to suggest that if SE had more stock of the Twin pack available it would have sold. That sounds pretty good!

It also would be interesting to know what the Highest PSN Japan Digital Titles are for December.

Peff

Okay I amend my statement: Interest in replaying FFX with a shiny coat of paint is about the same as LR. People seem happy with these numbers but were reveling when LR did similar numbers. Sigh.

Best-selling HD remaster vs worst-selling main FF. Truly discombobulating.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/0...asy-legend-25th-anniversary-new-announcement/

Square Enix's Kawazu impressed by Monster Hunter 4 sales.

"I was most impressed by how smoothly Monster Hunter 4 sold, I felt that Monster Hunter showed me the true powers of the Nintendo 3DS.”

So if their next game doesn't sell 3 millions in 3 months SquareEnix will say that 3DS isn't a good platform for their games? Are they trying to make money on 3DS in order to develop even more their smartphone division?
Jokes aside, aren't they happy about bravely default? The game made decent numbers, didn't it? They should already know 3DS is a healthy platform for them.

qq more

One is a remake and one is a new game.

That is not a good thing for LR.

So where do people expect GungHo to go from here on 3DS? I would have to imagine they're now interested in putting more games on 3DS and I don't mean just more Puzzles & Dragons.

I mean, it certainly won't hurt anyone's case who is interested in GungHo having more content on 3DS. Whether it be people at Nintendo who are in charge of 3rd party relations, or GungHo themselves. Reach one million sales in three weeks is extremely impressive, especially for an IP that has never been on the console before.

I would also like to think there are people at NCL who are interested in getting some kind of P&D content on Wii U, whether it be an eShop game with similar features to the 3DS game, or some kind of Wii U app that interacts with the 3DS game. It would help Wii U and help GungHo gain more exposure to console players who may not play games on their smartphone. A win-win.

You can bet on it.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So if their next game doesn't sell 3 millions in 3 months SquareEnix will say that 3DS isn't a good platform for their games? Are they trying to make money on 3DS in order to develop even more their smartphone division?
Jokes aside, aren't they happy about bravely default? The game made decent numbers, didn't it? They should already know 3DS is a healthy platform for them.

Don't think it was ever about whether the 3DS was a healthy platform or not, the grass was greener in smartphones and they made healthy returns on low budget investment on it. So they jumped ship.

There was always however a large gray area on whether it it could make significant profits on larger investment big IP projects. The 3DS has shown it can (in fact it's what it's best at).so they probably more inclined to at least try on it considering previous success.

Top Bottom