• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 52, 2013 (Dec 23 - Dec 29)

Go_Ly_Dow

So they charged full price for XHD on both PS3 and vita?

FF - ¥7.140

Zelda - ¥4.800

Nice new revenue stream.

Dat success.

Aqua, what do you expect/hope from the 3DS Q3 results? In Japan its sales are clearly down yoy, but overseas sales are up apparently.

Takao

Banned
i guess ffx-3 is going to be a vita game (alongside some other platform too, I guess)

where's my type-0 square

Well if we use OOT3D it didn't sell a huge amount up front, but had very good legs.

In theory if you were a retailer, you might see it as a safe bet to order a bit more than OOT up front and then get replenishments if demand was high.

That said, I think they could have went higher and been safe, but I'm just speculating at why it was as low as it was.
OOT3D sold 90% of its shipment first week. Yeah thats my whole point, they didn't need to go all out like ST but they certainly didn't need to be this conservative either, a 300k-400k shipment makes much more sense any way you look at it.

Nisa65

Didn't realise that the number of shipped copies of A Link Between Worlds was so low. Would explain why it was impossible to get a hold of a copy in Akihabara when I was wandering around there yesterday morning. Thankfully managed to get a hold of a copy last night after arriving back at my place in Shikoku.

FFXV and KH3 what we know so far. Oh and FF14. You need to cheer up. FFX HD doing well is a good thing.

Well, it's true that FFX is encouraging. Hopefully we'll get a FFXII-2 HD.

We would roughly know how well FFXV would perform when we know the sales number for PS4. Frankly, I think Japan is now shifting away from console gaming and more towards handheld/mobile devices.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if FFXV sold less than FFXIII in Japan. It's more unpredictable in NA/EU however.

I'm always a little wary of the notion that Japan has moved away from consoles to handhelds because it fits their lifestyle better, etc. Japan being on handhelds probably has more to do with developers being unprepared for HD development needs/costs and putting their games out on handhelds to compensate. Japanese consumers just followed the games. What's scary now is that S-E is moving away from releasing titles that they shifted to handhelds like Crisis Core, Dissidia, 3rd Birthday, and Type 0.

There is one key difference between PS4 and PS3 and that's that the PS4 won't be launching around 600 USD.

BriBri

Interesting that ALBW has overtaken Bike Rider 2 on the latest eShop charts with Pazudora at #3 and Attack on Titan at #5 (SMB3 is at #4 in-case you're wondering).

Jubern

While I'm glad FFX did well, I'm also kind of scared. What if this pushes Square Enix to go ahead and make FFX-3 :(

Unfortunately, we all know this is coming with the audio drama and novel stuff.

I bought said novel today and it even has a slip on the cover that says "Is this story an omen to something?" which, as we all know, is basically the Japanese for "HEY YOU GUYS BRACE YOURSELVES FOR THE SEQUEL".

I bought said novel today and it even has a slip on the cover that says "Is this story an omen to something?" which, as we all know, is basically the Japanese for "HEY YOU GUYS BRACE YOURSELVES FOR THE SEQUEL".
I really hope Square decanonizes that shit if they make a sequel. Good lord

AniHawk

guess that means another angry letter to george lucas.

FF13 itself is already a joke.

tidus-and-yuna-laughing-o.gif

I know. After reading through that thread I felt a greater sense of dread than after hearing FFXIII got a third sequel. If only I can travel back to the past to warn elementary school me about the dark future of my favorite game company.

Jenoss

Banned
I think that dopparopa (I don't remeber the exact username) must change now his expactation of the "vita outselling 3ds in the weeks of the release of ff X/X-2"

Son Of D

Ok Square Enix, get to work on FFXII HD. And throw in a HD remaster of Tactics War of the Lions or something for an Ivalice collection.

AniHawk

Ok Square Enix, get to work on FFXII HD. And throw in a HD remaster of Tactics War of the Lions or something for an Ivalice collection.

ffxii isn't as marketable as ffx (or even ffxiii in s-e's eyes), i'm sure. the whole ivalice idea is something from the 90s anyway.

Jeels

I am soooo happy X-HD outsold LR. My faith in humanity is restored. Good Christmas present. Now lets create an even bigger gap in the west!

urfe

I bought FFX Vita download version. I wonder how rare people like me are for Vita.

Couldn't justify buying X-2 knowing there's a chance I never finish X.

Wii U is still doing decent, but such a sharp decline makes me worried for January.

This may sound dumb, but I hope PS4 isn't that big, and Wii U and Vita have their best years yet. Dare to dream I suppose.

Takao

Banned
HD Remaster Comparisons:

[PS3] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. - ??? / 404.501
[WIU] Monster Hunter 3 (tri) G HD Ver. - 110.149 / 215.258
[PS3] Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix - 131.940 / 213.346

[PS3] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - 182.638
[PSV] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster: Twin Pack - 134.645
[PSV] Final Fantasy X HD Remaster - 22.619
[PSV] Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster - ???
Total: >339.902

I couldn't find Famitsu's numbers for MHP3rd HD's first week. Media Create reported that it sold 287.829 copies.

Nibel

FF13 dying is the best thing for everybody on planet earth, glad that Japanese gamers chose to support the better game

QaaQer

I bought FFX Vita download version. I wonder how rare people like me are for Vita.

Wii U is still doing decent, but such a sharp decline makes me worried for January.

This may sound dumb, but I hope PS4 isn't that big, and Wii U and Vita have their best years yet. Dare to dream I suppose.

I don't think you have to worry too much about PS#4 being huge in Japan. Smartphones + handhelds + demographic decline + economic stagnation have shrunk the home console market irreversibly.

AniHawk

FF13 dying is the best thing for everybody on planet earth, glad that Japanese gamers chose to support the better game

yeah but now we'll get final fantasy x-3 which will introduce lightning to the series as the star player of the zanarkand abes's new love interest.

AniHawk

I am soooo happy X-HD outsold LR. My faith in humanity is restored. Good Christmas present. Now lets create an even bigger gap in the west!

i can't be the only person who doesn't see much of a difference between the two. they seem cut from the same cloth, where something like ffxii is super different.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Nice number for Zelda, and predictable drop for the Wii U, but still quite good. Now hang in there!

I forgot what that one gaffer said FFX/X-2 would do for Vita.
Pretty sure there was one gaffer who said it will take it past the 100k a week.
I think you guys might be talking about suppadoopa.

I thought the claim was bolder than that. Like the Vita would outsell ___ or something. Oh well.
I think he said in addition to totally reviving the Vita to stratospheric levels, it'd also outsell the 3DS that week. Also, he said the Vita would begin outselling the 3DS once FFX/X2 drops. Something like that, IIRC.

EDIT: Beaten badly

I'm of the opposite notion. Forget the Vita and WiiU. They are deadbeat systems. Third parties need to concentrate on healthy systems and I hope the PS4 to be one.

hiska-kun

Maybe this number is including a second shipment coming in week two, before the year ended.

I digged to check Dengeki numbers and they fit with MC.

Dengeki:

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo) - 303,552 / NEW <50% sellthrough => 607k shipment>

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/226/226702/

So we have 607k shipment going by Dengeki and 618k going by Media Create. I don't know if famitsu shared sellthrough on that time. Anybody has the data?

I know Nintendo has the last word, is they say they shipped 760k, that means they shipped that number. But it's strange for me that two trackers miss 140k. Come on, is HUGE!

So, that's why I'm wondering if a second shipment came just before the year ended, let's say the 28th of december.

The game sold almost 50% of shipment in week one and the next week was New Year Sales, so maybe they just shipped an extra 140k to avoid stock problems (no needed). But the game ended not selling so much and that's when the bomba bin happened.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
HD Remaster Comparisons:

[PS3] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. - ??? / 404.501
[WIU] Monster Hunter 3 (tri) G HD Ver. - 110.149 / 215.258
[PS3] Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix - 131.940 / 213.346

[PS3] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - 182.638
[PSV] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster: Twin Pack - 134.645
[PSV] Final Fantasy X HD Remaster - 22.619
[PSV] Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster - ???
Total: >339.902

I couldn't find Famitsu's numbers for MHP3rd HD's first week. Media Create reported that it sold 287.829 copies.

[PS3] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 HD Ver. <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.08.25 }(¥4.800) - 282.960 / 441.375
[WIU] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate # <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.12.08} (¥4.800) - 110.149 / 215.258
[PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.03.14} (¥6.980) - 131.940 / 213.346

Foshy

I'm of the opposite notion. Forget the Vita and WiiU. They are deadbeat systems. Third parties need to concentrate on healthy systems and I hope the PS4 to be one.
I'm on your camp too.

I own a Vita and I love it but I've accepted the fact that it's not getting huge titles anymore. And there's always Remote Play.

Top Bottom