• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 52, 2013 (Dec 23 - Dec 29)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Going by history at next week's thread Nintendo hw will go even lower and Sony even higher (Vita maybe not since there was a big release and bundle this week).

Wii U upcoming collapse could start showing signs already from week 1 of 2014.

p.s. I remember comments for arrogance and crystal ball, quotes wiill come soon.

Go_Ly_Dow

Going by history at next week's thread Nintendo hw will go even lower and Sony even higher (Vita maybe not since there was a big release and bundle this week).

p.s. I remember comments for arrogance and crystal ball, quotes wiill come soon.

Reversecoffin.gif

casiopao

I'm of the opposite notion. Forget the Vita and WiiU. They are deadbeat systems. Third parties need to concentrate on healthy systems and I hope the PS4 to be one.

I am kinda with u here. For Japan survival, sadly I think this is the best step here.

Throw everything to 3DS and PS4 and build their stronghold there. If the market is concentrated there, I believe sales would also be quite good.

DrWong

I hope for you it doesn't hold better than expected ;]

Dark_castle

God I hope this means that FFXII remaster is a lock.

I HOPE SO MUCH

I have absolute no doubt that we would see a FFXII remaster now, given that we know SE can conveniently outsource the project to an external studio, and SE could just oversee the production and some input here and there.

Easy money for the company really.

I am kinda with u here. For Japan survival, sadly I think this is the best step here.

Throw everything to 3DS and PS4 and build their stronghold there. If the market is concentrated there, I believe sales would also be quite good.

Honestly have to agree. Vita and Wii U are the last systems Japan needs to do well unless Japan becomes even more insulated from the rest of the world.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I hope for you it doesn't hold better than expected ;]

It already did worse than expected this week when I see predictions from you and some others at last thread.

The January collapse is inevitable, was obvious from miles away a long time ago, this week just confirmed it.

hiska-kun

COMG already showed a decline for Wii U:

Game Title , Week 51, Week 52, Week 1

Mario 3D World - 104 > 95 > 80

3DS (hardware and games) and PS3 should sell more on week 1 though. I don't think Vita will, since it had FFX/X-2 bundle on this week's numbers and is completly sold out for New year's sales.

Welp!

You worded it confusingly though. You're saying both WiiU and Vita will collapse right?

zsidane

Wii U outsold PS3 this year!

Homerscoresatouchdown_zpsc519cc11.gif

Sorry but this can't be quoted enough!
Just perfect.
And sad :(

DrWong

It already did worse than expected this week when I see predictions from you and some others at last thread.

The January collapse is inevitable, was obvious from miles away a long time ago, this week just confirmed it.

You're too serious sometime (or I read you wrong, sorry if it's the case). Relax, I'm not "attacking" you. I'm wrong a lot of time, no problem.

L Thammy

I'm of the opposite notion. Forget the Vita and WiiU. They are deadbeat systems. Third parties need to concentrate on healthy systems and I hope the PS4 to be one.

It's inevitable that it will end up being a healthy system, there really isn't much choice in the matter. The question is whether it will be one right away.

"Vita TV sold 5600 versus 4700 the prior week." - Gibbo

Rise, this is the beginning.

And I guess we will never actually see Luigi hitting 1 million, it probably won't chart in the MC Top 20. :(

We have signs from retailers, amazon, comgnet and I don't know whoever else that Wii U saw a decline last week.
Oop, you were discussing mostly about Wii U, yeah that one is going down, but I feel like 3DS has a chance of going up.

spock

We have signs from retailers, amazon, comgnet and I don't know whoever else that Wii U saw a decline last week.

Decline after holidays has always been expected, what I want to see and what I think and said in the earlier thread was that the overall baseline and general trend has changed. The average monthly numbers wont be the same deathroll of the past year. Overall a general change in trend from last year with bumps at major releases. Hopefully that turns out to be the case. It will take a few more weeks to see if thats true though.

TheChaos0

Good numbers for FFX HD, for both platforms, the split is really close (if counting single packs) between them too. Hopefully SE can get us FF XII HD and maybe give Vita a bit more love?

How does this compare to KH 1.5 sales?

Another million seller for the 3DS!

1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 4.017.159
2. Pokémon X & Y - 3,976,829
3. Monster Hunter 4 - 3,293,312
4. New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 2,225,734
5. Mario Kart 7 - 2,166,003
6. Super Mario 3D Land - 1,945,812
7. Monster Hunter 3G - 1,589,804
8. Tomodachi Collection New Life - 1,580,067
9. Dragon Quest VII - 1,223,604
10. Puzzle & Dragons Z - 1,005,697

Soon to join: Luigi's Mansion 2 - 982.737

Decline after holidays has always been expected, what I want to see and what I think and said in the earlier thread was that the overall baseline and general trend has changed. The average monthly numbers wont be the same deathroll of the past year. Overall a general change in trend from last year with bumps at major releases. Hopefully that turns out to be the case. It will take a few more weeks to see if thats true though.

01/15
Dr. Luigi & Saikin Bokumetsu

01/22
Trine 2: Mittsu no Chikara to Fukashigi no Mori

02/01
Wii Fit U (Balance Board and Fit Meter Set)

02/05
Monster Hunter Frontier G (Memorial Package)

02/06
Puyo Puyo Tetris

02/13
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Wii U's dated lineup in Japan. The lineup is pretty horrible and DKC system pushing abilities will probably be hurt by the fact that it has a large overlap with the 2d mario audience and that audience is getting the game with their Wii U in those bundles. Unless Nintendo gets MK out before April March might see Wii U hitting some of those bad lows.

L Thammy

Another million seller for the 3DS!

1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 4.017.159
2. Pokémon X & Y - 3,976,829
3. Monster Hunter 4 - 3,293,312
4. New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 2,225,734
5. Mario Kart 7 - 2,166,003
6. Super Mario 3D Land - 1,945,812
7. Monster Hunter 3G - 1,589,804
8. Tomodachi Collection New Life - 1,580,067
9. Dragon Quest VII - 1,223,604
10. Puzzle & Dragons Z - 1,005,697

Soon to join: Luigi's Mansion 2 - 982.737

Unless I'm mistaken, the DS had fourteen titles over a million at the same point in its life, with five of those over 3 million and a few approaching the million mark.

Glass Rebel

Some nice sales for the new releases. Didn't expect FFX|X-2 PS3 and Vita to be this close when they were announced. Also didn't think PDZ would hit the million this early.

Looking at earlier releases, One Piece has disappointed me (expected it to hit 500k by the end of the year) and Yokai Watch was somewhat of a surprise. It's following a sales pattern pretty close to the original Inazuma Eleven. Also nice to see Drakengard 3 outperform Nier, even though I have very little interest in the game itself.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

Decline for last week isn't expected when many systems will go up. It only shows a much sharper decline is coming for week 2. Good luck for Wii U setting a better baseline with the stuffed release schedule it has the following months. First important release is more than 2 months from now.

02/01 Wii Fit U
02/05 Monster Hunter Frontier G: Memorial Package
02/06 Puyo Puyo Tetris
02/13 Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Bruno MB

This week's (last week really) Wii U hardware sales show that it certainly had a bigger than expected bump for week 51 and that gave a false sense of "hope". Its sales for week 52 are in line with what can be expected for this system if one didn't know that the previous week it sold 119.159 units.

hiska-kun

So next week first Wii U million seller?

[WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥5.985) - 75.131 / 965.794

Well I shouldn't have said never. What I meant is we won't see it charting this week (Week 52), when it actually hits 1 million for Media Create.

Don't be so sure then. If it charts in week 1 and not in week 52, as we also have week 51 numbers, we can just calculate and get week 52 numbers.

And as I created the thread, I'll edit the post and add the numbers ;)

Mr Swine

Banned
Great numbers for all consoles and handhelds! :D

But I'm really disappointed on how FFX sold on vita, I thought it would outsell the PS3 version. But does this mean that Final Fantasy will be a Playstation exclusive franchise from now on? Only on Vita and not on 3DS?

liger05

Decline for last week isn't expected when many systems will go up. It only shows a much sharper decline is coming for week 2. Good luck for Wii U setting a better baseline with the stuffed release schedule it has the following months. First important release is more than 2 months from now.

02/01 Wii Fit U
02/06 Puyo Puyo Tetris

And this is the major problem that see's no sign of being fixed. Like last year there is just not enough major titles being released on a frequent enough basis.

But I'm really disappointed on how FFX sold on vita, I thought it would outsell the PS3 version. But does this mean that Final Fantasy will be a Playstation exclusive franchise from now on? Only on Vita and not on 3DS?

Lol wut?

The only FF's that have been on DS were remakes and chronicles iirc (tactics as well) . Oh and its not like SE will be making FF spin offs like Type 0, Dissidia, Crisis Core, Tactics again :(

3DS has that rhythm game though.

CANLI

Going to Japan on february.
The Wii U bundle (Wii Party U, NSMB U, Wii Fit U + fitometer and the 30 day karaoke), Donkey Kong and Taiko no Tatsujin will be mine.

Edit: sorry; MB3DW too.

Actually boycotting the crazy prices made in europe.

Why would you when the PS3 is the one with the FF userbase and larger userbase, period? The Vita version did really well and now we know from anecdotes that it is sold out for the most part.

If anything it is Vita hardware sales that are slightly disappointing in comparison.

Puzzles and dragons over a million in just 3 weeks, I do wonder if we could be seeing 2m+ when all is said and done or is that crazy talk

Oregano

Why would you when the PS3 is the one with the FF userbase and larger userbase, period? The Vita version did really well and now we know from anecdotes that it is sold out for the most part.

If anything it is Vita hardware sales that are slightly disappointing in comparison.

I don't agree but I can maybe see the argument. After the performance of Ocarina of Time 3D and Persona 4G it could easily set up bigger expectations for the game. However they were not multiplats and I think FFX has done just as well, or even better, than the FF ports on the GBA.

Mr Swine

Banned

I guess so, but Vita sales are really good, a lot better than last year! :)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

02/01 Wii Fit U
02/06 Puyo Puyo Tetris

DKC5, which is releasing on 13.2. (i.e. in one month), as you have written, doesn't even count as an important release anymore? Not even on Wii U?

Hasn't week 1 been comparatively weak for Nintendo for quite a while? I've expected a small drop for Wii U in week 1 before (also, Wii U is about the level I'd have expected for this week, albeit on the lower end, I'd have guessed 70k-80k; for next week I'd have guessed 60k-70k. Now I tend more towards 55k-65k). Of course, Wii U will drop hard afterwards, the question really is: Can it stabilize around 10k-15k? Or does it drop right down back to 5k?

Top Bottom