• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Razmos

I'm really not buying into this. The actual content shown in the images is so constrained and small-scale that it only convinces me further that it's a fan made mock-up.

We should get a Team Real/Fake poll going in this thread.
All we've seen is a single location and a character model.
The video literally looked like the character model super imposed over footage of the location.

I'm definitely calling fake at this point.

Harlequin

I'm really not buying into this. The actual content shown in the images is so constrained and small-scale that it only convinces me further that it's a fan made mock-up.

Yeah, that alone could maybe be explained differently (like it's an early prototype environment) but that combined with John Bender's post kind of has me leaning towards fake, too ATM.

Raist

Banned
Not sure why people still believe. The "not looking for a job" bit in his tweet would make sense if he made that footage, not just leaked it.

I don't get the longing for new entries/versions of super old franchises. Almost every time I go back and play the old version, I realize how far game development has come since then, and go back to playing modern games. It's weird.

At any rate, waiting on a full trailer, if this is even real.

Goldrusher

Then isn't the position of the character model leaning to far to the left?

med2efk4h.png

I don't get the longing for new entries/versions of super old franchises. Almost every time I go back and play the old version, I realize how far game development has come since then, and go back to playing modern games. It's weird.

At any rate, waiting on a full trailer, if this is even real.

That's exactly why people want it, give an old franchise new life with modern day technology and designs.

Another reason to doubt that Cambridge is working on MediEvil, is the fact that Steven der Heide, director of Shadow Fall, is noted to basically be visiting Cambridge at least once every month, based on his twitter feed.

The last time a director from the main Amsterdam branch worked closely with the Cambridge branch, (Mathis de Jonge), we got Mercenaries out of Cambridge.

Camjo-Z

Yep, this is sadly looking faker the more we see of it. I'll just wait until Sunday when we'll inevitably get a screenshot of it running on his PC or something.

NIGHT-

I still have my mint copies of the ps1 games and love them! But yea, I'm calling fake on this one :(. It would be too good to be true

0racle

Fake. It has to be

out of EVERYTHING that is Holy from the PS1 era why this? I understand the following from many of us here because we are gamers right to the core. There are so many other games that could be refreshed that have more of a public image then this. I can see something like this after a few nostalgic titles to get the ball rolling but for this to be chosen out of so many classics raises a red flag.

The problem with free or cheap Unity and Unreal Engine 4 licenses is that we're going to be given lots of impressive fakes going forward. This is a fine example.

i think it's actually a good thing
maybe good reception and internet talk about fakes can open some producers eyes.
except for nintendo, if they find out people messing with their franchises they will ruin their lives and move on.

Hexa

This is seeming less believable by the second. Oh well. I boarded this train. I'm on it till it sinks. :p

Oh yeah this is a fake you guys. This is the same situation as the Rayman Smash Leak

After looking at the new images it definitely seems like a Fan Project.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Okay guys, here we go:
- Guerrilla Cambridge is not working on a MediEvil game
- and they haven't heard anything about a new MediEvil game
- they suspect it's fan art of some sort

I don't believe for a second that a new MediEvil game is in development, without Cambridge Studio knowing something about it. Absolutey unlikely.

Case is closed for me.

badmouth_coffee.gif

Oh man the negativity in here. Guys look at it this way:

This is Real: fantastic we're getting a new MedEvil game

This is Fake: SCEA will hire this talented fan to make this project real

Win-win situation here.

I love a lot of old Sony stuff, that I am sad is basically forgotten.

There has to be a reboot of Colony Wars. There just has to be. It makes too much sense for Morpheus. Especially with all the rejuvenated interest in the genre off of the back of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.

I actually preferred G-Police back in the day, but I think space flight combat games are a bit more exciting and probably easier on the visuals with less stuff to render.

Top Bottom