• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
With the amount of effort that guy did rrecently to fake smash bros dlc I'm inclined to believe most is fake till announced

Kyolux

Didn't Destructoid posted that it was confirmed fake earlier today?

http://www.destructoid.com/-update-medievil-might-be-coming-back-after-far-too-long-291782.phtml said:
This was unfortunately confirmed fake on Twitter a few hours after our story was published.

Can't see the tweet itself at work. Destructoid is blocked and I'm not seeing any links.

Armadilo

Banned
maybe it's not a game but a fan video of what it could be with the hope to get enough of people's attention that PlayStation will notice and then make a game.

Armadilo

Banned
Someone should make a Crash Bandicoot Video and make PlayStation Remember how Iconic he is and was and how sad it is that they are still making Sonic games but Bandicoot sad face waiting on a bench waiting for the bus to arrive so he can go to work but it's been years and it still has not arrived :(

Alienous

It's really annoying to see people playing the smartass after most people see it's fake. If you post something like this in the first few pages ok but now it's kinda pointless.

lol.

2 seconds of unprompted footage of a character walking down stairs. Not combat, or a clearly designed level, or AI, or anything that would take more than a week to make in UDK. There are Crash Bandicoot fan games of a comparable (or higher) quality that you can see on YouTube. 2 seconds does not a credible leak make.

I dismissed it early because I couldn't imagine that as many people would fall for it, especially after all the "leaks" we've seen in recent times.

Tizoc

The fact this thread has been left open for so long, I'm just gonna blindly accept that a MediEvil game is in development for PS4.

kulapik

New tweet from him:

from all the people that is elucubrating weird theories Krappadizzle and armadilo are the ones that are the closest.

Let's see some messages from them...

maybe it's not a game but a fan video of what it could be with the hope to get enough of people's attention that PlayStation will notice and then make a game.

It's a really great fake though. Hopefully Sony see's the rise this got out of people and maybe starts to take a better look at some of their old I.P.'s that have been collecting dust. This, Parrapa the Rapper, Legend's of Dragoon, Ape Escape. All franchises that could still be successful given they are paired with the right studio with the right motivation.

welp.jpg

It doesn't work like that though =X

Anyway, then at least release the rest of the stuff you guys made since it's already clear this is fake. The thread will probably be dead by Sunday...

kulapik

EkiAv14.png

79aJGWR.png

close it up guys, fake confirmed

Sharpeye

It's most likely just a pitch video from an indie studio, I remember someone saying that Sony was willing to let some Indie devs use some of their old IPs. Maybe this is such a case of some devs wanting to work on a old classic.

Top Bottom