• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Community Thread | It's not over yet! -Cancelled- WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOR!?

maxcriden

So, I just played and completed my first MM. I tried MM and MM&B but couldn't get into either. I really enjoyed MM2 (Normal), though. What are some other MMs that you'd recommend that are no harder than MM2 on Normal? Thanks!

Refyref

Mega Man 5 is easier than 2, 4 and 6 kinda are as well. 3 is easy up until a point, but once you reach it, you should be able to overcome it.
Like Shadow Hog said, MMX 1 and 4 are pretty easy.
MMZ... You might want to stay away from those until you play through the others. It's definitely the hardest Mega Man sub-series.

Sciz

The difficulty of the Zero games correlates more or less directly with how much time you spend exploring and grinding out currency.

Refyref

Thanks all. I appreciate it immensely! Most of these are on 3DS eShop and/or Wii U, right?

Mega Man 1-7 and X 1-3 are on eShop (All on Wii U, 1-6 on 3DS. 3DS also has the Game Boy/Color games). X4 is on PSN. The Zero games are going to be on eShop in the future, with the first one already out, but you might want to get the DS collection, as it has all the games in it, and an easy mode.

maxcriden

Mega Man 1-7 and X 1-3 are on eShop (All on Wii U, 1-6 on 3DS. 3DS also has the Game Boy/Color games). X4 is on PSN. The Zero games are going to be on eShop in the future, with the first one already out, but you might want to get the DS collection, as it has all the games in it, and an easy mode.

Thanks a ton! Which of the GBC games are best and easiest? (Also, assuming all of those recommended above are not just easy, but also good!)

Refyref

Thanks a ton! Which of the GBC games are best and easiest? (Also, assuming all of those recommended above are not just easy, but also good!)

My last post was just about availability, but all the games recommended here are good. (Although how good is going to differ from person to person.)

The best GB/C games are Rockman World 4 and 5 (released in English as Mega Man IV/V). Those aren't the easiest of the GB games, but I'm never going to recommend RW2 to anyone unless I hate them. Of the actual GBC ones, I'd say Xtreme 2 is good, although not as much as the former games I talked about. (And sadly, not as original.)

This reminds me that I still have to finish X5 on my PS3. It has been so long that I've played this game and Sigma is kicking my ass hard since I can't actually escape that damned purple square attack of his second form.

maxcriden

My last post was just about availability, but all the games recommended here are good. (Although how good is going to differ from person to person.)

The best GB/C games are Rockman World 4 and 5 (released in English as Mega Man IV/V). Those aren't the easiest of the GB games, but I'm never going to recommend RW2 to anyone unless I hate them. Of the actual GBC ones, I'd say Xtreme 2 is good, although not as much as the former games I talked about. (And sadly, not as original.)

Thanks Ref! much appreciated :)

Refyref

By the way, I got this in the mail today.

E31q844.jpg

NiS7Gd3.jpg

Tizoc

Normally I don't care much about who does the colors in a comic but Evan Stanley's shading and coloring in Megaman #45 was fantastic.
Wonder what Light's password for Gamma was...that breakdown doe.

Jaeger

I would like to see a game based on the X Mega Mission series. At least, a fan game attempt on it. That would be awesome. Maybe I should look into that...

Tizoc

So this just hit me:
In Megaman 4-6, Dr. Wily was the 'man behind the man';
In 4, you're led to believe Dr. Cosack is the villain, but turns out to be Wily
In 5, it's Protoman, but of course, its Wily
In 6, it's Mr. X which is just an alias Wily is using

In the latest Megaman issue
Dr. Wily mentions how he'll succeed in his current mission or die trying, that's a neat way to lead it into his behind the scenes thing in the later games

For that matter, why are the Robot Masters in Megaman 6 given the DWN serial Number? That's only for Robots Wily created.

Oh, that looks sweet. The last stretch of that portion looks somewhat tricky, though, it seems to assume you can handle the wall-jumping to get around the bumps.

The TruForce MMX figure has reached its funding goal. No, I'm not gonna shut up about this until its over. As a bonus, in the updates, they revealed that the ride chaser design for the print included in one of the tiers is gonna be a companion product later on and that the design will be revealed in mid-March once Capcom signs off on it.

I find it interesting that they refer to Capcom rather than the designer, which implies that there's a bunch of people involved in the design at Capcom. I shouldn't read too much into it, though, getting my hopes up won't be healthy.

Tizoc

Well they sure sped through the Wily Castle part of the game, next issue will be Megaman vs. Wily in Gamma, and after that likely a build up to Megaman 4. It is gonna be interesting to see how they're gonna have Cossack appear as the villain.

Also I just ordered these
fG2I1XE.png

Weiss

Banned
I wish the Mega Man trades came out sooner. Been waiting for vol. 9 for a while and I don't think the next one comes out until Q4.

I just wonder if we'll even jump in straight to MM4

I'm guessing we're getting at least one Emerald Spears arc, a filler arc, and a prelude before it. Maybe add one of the World games or even Wily Wars somewhere in there.

Weiss

Banned
I just wonder if we'll even jump in straight to MM4

I'm guessing we're getting at least one Emerald Spears arc, a filler arc, and a prelude before it. Maybe add one of the World games or even Wily Wars somewhere in there.

It took a long time to get to Mega Man 3 from 2 (Vol 3 to Vol 10, over two years of material) between original story arcs, Ra Moon and the Sonic crossover, so I'd say it'll be a while.

I just hope they cover all the games before it's cancelled. That time travel issues got me too hyped.

I can see them skipping or condensing 5 or maybe adapting the GB games with the Stardroids, since 4 through 6 all have the same story of "New guy shows up, turns out it was Wily, ad infinitum."

Tizoc

It took a long time to get to Mega Man 3 from 2 (Vol 3 to Vol 10, over two years of material) between original story arcs, Ra Moon and the Sonic crossover, so I'd say it'll be a while.

I just hope they cover all the games before it's cancelled. That time travel issues got me too hyped.

I can see them skipping or condensing 5 or maybe adapting the GB games with the Stardroids, since 4 through 6 all have the same story of "New guy shows up, turns out it was Wily, ad infinitum."

I really hope this series keeps on going, at least so that they can adapt all the events up til Megaman 10, and then from there they can finish/end the series.

Tizoc

MM Comic wasted a lot of time with that Sonic nonsense.

The crossover was my fav. major comic event at the time and it had some really neat stuff like this spread
AllRobotMasters.jpg

and a lot of great character interactions and humor, chief among them
WWC_Evil_Bro_Fist.png

I got MMX4 for a buck in the last flash sale and I'm enjoying this more than I really expected. I'm not surprised so many people put it just behind X1 on their rankings of the series. Plus it's got that great old Capcom art from the Saturn/PS1 era. Tempted to make one of them LTTP threads

Refyref

With how everyone hyped MMX4, I found it a bit disappointing compared to the hype when I finally played it. It does feel like they were starting to create the style of the MMZ games there, though, which I love. Unfortunately, it's not even close to being as refined as in MMZ.

The crossover was my fav. major comic event at the time and it had some really neat stuff like this spread
AllRobotMasters.jpg

and a lot of great character interactions and humor, chief among them
WWC_Evil_Bro_Fist.png
Tiny images are tiny

(Don't hotlink Wikia. They started shrinking the images when people do that.)

Rhapsody

Banned
I got MMX4 for a buck in the last flash sale and I'm enjoying this more than I really expected. I'm not surprised so many people put it just behind X1 on their rankings of the series. Plus it's got that great old Capcom art from the Saturn/PS1 era. Tempted to make one of them LTTP threads

The cover art's probably one of my favorites for the X games.

Also, after doing a write up on recommending people MMX Command Mission in another forum, I have a real urge to play it again. The game had some problems here and there, but it still was some of the most fun I had with the X games post X4 (not that I didn't have fun with the other X games after). Pretty amazing at the budget and effort they put into such a spinoff.

Wish we got a second game :(

Edit: For a PS2 Capcom game, I'm still surprised at some of the songs. Still has that old Capcom charm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks-M2_IVIuI

SkyOdin

So, I've been getting curious about the Archie Mega Man comic. I wouldn't mind getting into it, but what is the best way to? I checked their website, and while a lot of the graphic novels are on sale right now, the first one is sold out. :( Do they restock those graphic novels regularly, or do I need to resort to digital?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So I recently decided to replay Mega Man 9 on WiiWare. I'm at the Willy Castle and just need to carve out an hour to finish it... but from what I played so far. It's sooo good! I honestly enjoyed every single stage, especially the OSTs!

... then I purchased Mega Man 3 to replay that. Holy crap. I DO NOT like that game. There isn't one interesting stage, compared to MM2 and MM9. I was kinda surprised because I know how highly people think of MM3. I just beat the main 8 bosses, but I'm very unimpressed so far. I last played MM3 about 10 years ago, so this is my second time revisiting it. But MM9 is better than MM3 in every way.

Except for the slide move. I love the slide move in MM3. Adds a lot to the game and feels like a fair way to escape damage.

Sciz

MM3 isn't very good, no.

So, I've been getting curious about the Archie Mega Man comic. I wouldn't mind getting into it, but what is the best way to? I checked their website, and while a lot of the graphic novels are on sale right now, the first one is sold out. :( Do they restock those graphic novels regularly, or do I need to resort to digital?

I can attest to Comixology being fine for digital, but I can't help with physical questions. =/

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
MM3 isn't very good, no.

I understand a large part of the answer of, "Which MM is your favorite/the best" has to do with which one you played first as a kid. I owned MM2 and beat it a dozen times, and never ever played another MM game until I was in college (PS2 Anniversary Collection). So I understand I have rose tinted glasses on why that's the best one.

I have a really hard time understanding why people appreciate MM3 so much. The levels designs are just.... boring. I'm sure I could go into more detail, but they have less "stage gimmicks'. I'm also at a loss for how boring the boss powers are.

Someone tell me: What is the point of Top Spin? I do not understand. There must be something that I am missing.

Top Bottom