• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Community Thread | It's not over yet! -Cancelled- WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOR!?

Oh. Well, play it when you have the option to! Going by the fact that you can play &B but not 7, I'm guessing you're playing the GBA version? I don't think it's an awful port like some do, but keep in mind the smaller field of view will make some parts tougher.

Yeah, GBA version. I heard it's hard, but I want to try playing as Bass because I really like his character design.

Refyref

Yeah, GBA version. I heard it's hard, but I want to try playing as Bass because I really like his character design.

Paging BassForever. :p
You might want to try Bass first, as the game is a bit easier with him than with Mega Man. By the way, Bass is also playable in Mega Man 10 (as DLC).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bass is easy mode for the stages. Megaman is the way it was meant to be played (and slightly better on the bosses) and I also agree that the GBA version complaints are overblown.

I don't know, considering how much MM4 slows down, it's very well possible! :V
In all seriousness, though, while there's some people than can mash buttons that fast, that is indeed most likely auto-fire or a turbo button.

Yeah, I think so. I've never seen him use the charge shot once either.

I hope there is a auto-fire button that works with the Legacy Collection.

Paging BassForever. :p
You might want to try Bass first, as the game is a bit easier with him than with Mega Man. By the way, Bass is also playable in Mega Man 10 (as DLC).

I am here

Glad to see a new user be a big fan of Mega Man and appreciate the awesome that is Bass. GBA port of MM&B was the game that made me sign up on gamefaqs and make my first BassForever used name back in 2003 12 years later still going strong.

Thanks Bass.

I'm excited to try the game. I'm worried it'll be too hard. I think I like 8-bit megaman better than 16-bit.

Really outside of a super early difficulty spike against the fire boss the game is pretty easy until you get to King's stages at the end where the smaller gba size and lack of a dedicated dash button really become an issue. Its of course doable but its because of the no dedicated dash button I prefer to replay MM&B on the patched SNES version which helps get rid of some of the unintended difficulty.

My other advice for a Bass run is get both his more powerful arm cannon and his weaker but goes through walls arm cannon. It helps improve your survivabiliy by a ton and between those and his natural double jump can turn Bass's campaign into easy mode.

I would also agree the platforming in the 16bit MM games is harder then in the 8bit games, but to compensate the bosses are generally easier because the vast majority can be weakness weapon looped to never get him (except the stupid fire boss in mm&b)

Sciz

A number of the robot masters in MM&B become surprisingly tough if you don't exploit their weakness, though. Like, Magic Man and Astro Man of all people are terrors.
Dynamo Man and Burner Man are a pain in the ass either way.

Narroo

A number of the robot masters in MM&B become surprisingly tough if you don't exploit their weakness, though. Like, Magic Man and Astro Man of all people are terrors.
Dynamo Man and Burner Man are a pain in the ass either way.

Well, it's better than Megaman X4 and X5 where you just stun locked people to death for 2 minutes straight.

I'll post more in here when Mega Man Legends 3 is re-announced

It's about the only nostalgia-cash-in IP resurrection that hasn't happened this year

Can you still buy Mega Man Amiibos for under $40? Were they discontinued already? I'm actually a big enough dope to think the Gold one looked ok, but I'd rather get an original. I really have no interest in any amiibos, but I'm kinda thinking I want the Mega Man one because I like his Smash design.

Yeah, gonna hope for another run being issued. I suppose I could import since all I care about is the figure itself, but maybe down the road I'll wish I had an amiibo for something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Really outside of a super early difficulty spike against the fire boss the game is pretty easy until you get to King's stages at the end where the smaller gba size and lack of a dedicated dash button really become an issue. Its of course doable but its because of the no dedicated dash button I prefer to replay MM&B on the patched SNES version which helps get rid of some of the unintended difficulty.

My other advice for a Bass run is get both his more powerful arm cannon and his weaker but goes through walls arm cannon. It helps improve your survivabiliy by a ton and between those and his natural double jump can turn Bass's campaign into easy mode.

I would also agree the platforming in the 16bit MM games is harder then in the 8bit games, but to compensate the bosses are generally easier because the vast majority can be weakness weapon looped to never get him (except the stupid fire boss in mm&b)

16 bit Megaman also makes the bosses much harder to arm cannon to make up for it. There's at least one boss in each of the games that is one of the hardest in the series to beat with just your buster.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unless you mean one of the fortress bosses I don't remember well or Wily in 7 then I'm not sure who qualifies for that comment.

Turbo Man, Slash Man are both pretty difficult in 7. But I was also counting X1-X3 and MM&B in that. Armored Armadillo is a pain in the ass to beat with just the buster.

I don't remember Turbo or Slash being that difficult but it's been a while since I did a buster only attempt of 7. I should do that before the year is over.

I played through Megaman 3 yesterday. I really like fighting Hammer Joes. It's fun to hit them when their eyes open. Top Spin is kind of buggy though, sometimes it uses up all your energy and sometimes it uses barely any.

I just got Megaman and Bass this morning on GBA. I tried playing as both characters, and neither can tank as well as I would like. I fought both Astro Man and Cold Man as Bass, but died to both. It was my first time playing, so I guess that's to be expected...but I think this is a lot harder than 8-bit Megaman 1-6. Cold Man's clouds really messed me up, I couldn't seem to avoid them and I could barely move once they got to me. And the other guy is just hard to avoid. I thought Bass was overall a more well-rounded character for this game.

Sciz

Cold Man's pretty easy once you get used to gunning down the cloudbots quickly.

Astro Man, you're going to want his weakness weapon for.

Cold Man's pretty easy once you get used to gunning down the cloudbots quickly.

Astro Man, you're going to want his weakness weapon for.

Thanks. Yeah, I beat Cold Man, but it was pretty close. I don't think I will be able to beat this game though. I wish it had E-Tanks that you could buy from the shop. That would make it a lot easier probably.

Sciz

As you clear certain numbers of robot masters, the shop unlocks more items (not E-tanks) for sale, which will make your life easier. You can also pick up 100 bolts for each weapon you have once you unlock the crystal stage on the right of the stage select screen.

I went to the shop and bought the max number of lives and still could not beat Burner Man. I just can't avoid him or kill him fast enough. *frown* I guess I'll try some other stages, but I'm thinking I'll just stick to 8-bit Megaman from now on.

MM_Headphones_Closed-768x622.png

Cute licensed headphones up for preorder.
http://poweredbyemio.com/mega-man-headphones.html

Those headphones look pretty cool. If they were on Amazon and priced at like 50 dollars, I would probably consider getting them.

I got Mega Man 9 and 10 recently on my Wii and have really been enjoying them a lot!

Refyref

I would have probably tried to get these headphones if earphones and headphones wouldn't always die on me after half a year at most.

steveovig

What is the easiest Battle Network game to 100%, or at least get all the chips? I'm trying to play through 5 now but I'm loathing the Liberation missions and I'm figuring I'll never nail the targets for each mission. Also, is there a way to skip the missions and go straight to the Navi fight in 5?

You can't skip them, no. Still, there should be step by step guides somewhere for the Liberation Missions. I know the official strategy guide did since that's how I got through the postgame ones.

I think 5 and 6 are the easiest ones to 100% not counting getting all of the secret chips personally.

Weiss

Banned
Replaying MML2 and doing the S-Rank Digger test.

I am now pretty okay that this series is dead. It totally, totally deserved it for that.

This bump reminded me I skipped playing the classic collection last year in favor of getting the physical release. Hopefully there aren't goofy performance issues running off bluray instead of the hard drive. Stupid I know, but I'm so paranoid over input lag with this series now it's ridiculous.

SkyOdin

Finished MegaMan X yesterday, first ever MM game i actually finish. Now I need to buy X2 and X3...
Congrats! I think X2 is generally easier than X1, particularly its final battles, so it should be smooth sailing for you. It does have my favorite X Buster upgrade in the series, too. I'm still a little disapointed that it took until ZX for them to bring that back to the series.

steveovig

Guys, this might be a stupid question, but how do I start the post game stuff in Battle Network 5? I beat
Nebula Grey
and saw the credits, etc. but when I press continue on the main menu, it just takes me to my last save. Is that where I start the post game stuff, by leaving the end area? I haven't beaten one of these games in 10 years, so I'm a little ignorant as to how to start.

SkyOdin

Guys, this might be a stupid question, but how do I start the post game stuff in Battle Network 5? I beat
Nebula Grey
and saw the credits, etc. but when I press continue on the main menu, it just takes me to my last save. Is that where I start the post game stuff, by leaving the end area? I haven't beaten one of these games in 10 years, so I'm a little ignorant as to how to start.
Yeah, it's normal to be returned to just before the final boss. While the game will remain there plot wise, the post-game should now be unlocked if you leave the final dungeon. I can't remember where it starts in BN 5 though. There should be a new passage opened up somewhere deep in the main internet.

steveovig

Yeah, it's normal to be returned to just before the final boss. While the game will remain there plot wise, the post-game should now be unlocked if you leave the final dungeon. I can't remember where it starts in BN 5 though. There should be a new passage opened up somewhere deep in the main internet.

Thanks, I got it figured out now. That first post-game Lib Mission is crazy!

Would it be fair to nominate Burnerman for most annoying robot master to fight ever? Because seriously I fucking hate him =__=

For me its probably a choice between him, Dynamo Man and Slash Man in terms of when I'm doing a buster only run. All three can be equally big pains in the ass at times. Elec Man isn't exactly a fun fight either, he's got an easy buster exploit but that just drains all the fun right out of the boss fight :(

Tizoc

Burnerman is so fucking random.
I asked Ian Flynn on Twitter about how he would've intended to write the character, closest thing to his characterization is Crashman and he's creepy and psycho as is.

I used to feel like Mega Man 2 was overrated, but after watching speedruns and races of it, and then replaying it myself, I've got to say, Mega Man 2 is a really good Mega Man game.

It is!

Except for the Boobeam Trap. That boss is bad and it should feel bad.

When I first encountered it, I thought it was stupid and broken. But there are clever ways to deal with it (like destroying two things at once with one bomb), and now I kind of like it. Plus, it's one of the only times you get to use Crash Bombs in the game.

Top Bottom