• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man's 2017 cartoon gets a trailer

Ouroboros

Who is that little robot inside megaman's head? What is this cartoon doing?

This looks horrible but the animation looks smooth. I don't want it.

Pacotez

Why does Capcom hate money?
They could get some big amount of it if they were to make a cartoon based on X or even the original. Just make a partnership with Netflix or do some cheap stuff like Samurai Jack's animation.

Rolodzeo

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
No way!
The original fans are not the focus group of this cartoon !!!

HOW DARE YOU!!

they should have left that megaman sprite out of the intro tbh but oh well.
kids will prob love it.

That little robot is called Mega Mini which I guess is a net navi or Cyber elf.. or something else.

It's an old trope in animation to have a mascot character who is essential to the hero's transformation, which I suspect is what this guy is. Thus I predict there will be an episode where Mega Mini is kidnapped or lost, proving how valuable he is to the team because the creators contrived him to be that way.

They could get some big amount of it if they were to make a cartoon based on X or even the original. Just make a partnership with Netflix or do some cheap stuff like Samurai Jack's animation.
You think Samurai Jack's animation is cheap?

bryanee

Thats a kids show alright. Looks fine for its target audience which isnt 20+ year olds who grew up on the games.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
What if it's actually good?

I mean there's no way but what if?

Thats a kids show alright. Looks fine for its target audience which isnt 20+ year olds who grew up on the games.

Why the need for the 8bit sprite then?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Why is he not a robot what is with that mega mini shit why are they not doing the actual story aaaaaaaah

The video doesnt work in Spain, not even with hola!
I wanted to laugh at the horribliness :(

wait_wha.gif

Eh yeah... no.
That animation is not cheap stuff, I can assure you that.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Both comments and downvotes were going STRONG on this lol

I don't know what they expected.

Berordn

Why the need for the 8bit sprite then?

If they aren't interested in creating a multimedia sub-franchise (a-la Sonic Boom which makes no reference to the primary series) it's important to be able to tie it back to the main representation.

Video is down, anyone got a new link? I really want to hate life this morning and I need to be reminded we are getting this instead of legends 3.

Peltz

It's not playing for me.

"This video contains content from DHC Media, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

Syril

I was just thinking instead about that cool promo animation that was supposed to be too promote the 90's cartoon that nailed the style so well that Capcom even used a clip from it for the Rockman 7 commercial in Japan.

https://youtu.be/fWqK0kcTEA8

I'll be cautiously optimistic as always. Megaman.exe was really different from the original and seemed so weird that the main character was not Mega man himself (for a while), yet ended up great.

Top Bottom