• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

Could be a "We're not allowed to comment so contact Capcom as they'll never respond" thing, for one.

So, let's talk to Capcom. You said they for a fact had told a patch was coming?

Yeah, your read on the situation is likely accurate. I understand why he answered in that way but it still shocked and disappointed me, because I'd held out hope for months this was going to be fixed, based on their word.

Capcom isn't going to do or say anything at this point. If that's the response from the dev team, it's over.

If anyone wants to contact Capcom on Twitter, feel free, but I wouldn't expect an answer.

And yes, a patch was guaranteed. Frank Cifaldi had a pinned tweet on his page for months saying they were working on fixes and this is a stickied message on the Steam Discussion forum for the game.

khaaan

What's amusing is how they say "you need to ask Capcom".

No, DE, you need to ask Capcom.

I'm frustrated DE was unable to complete the work by release (and also keep in mind that we don't know whether their post release work resolved all the issues) but why would DE need to ask Capcom? Capcom paid for some work, DE has at this point assumedly met the requirements laid by the contract. Now it's up to Capcom to decide whether it's worth their time and money to push out a patch. The game reviewed reasonably well and if they're not seeing the money then they might feel it's a better value to leave the product as is.

fernoca

Well, Gamestop sent mine (3DS limited edition) 2 day air. So it should be here Wednesday. Not bad since I paid for "saver shipping".

The sprites theme looks nice. Will add it to the rotation of retro themes I have. The Hallowen Link theme looks out of place compared to the others. XD

Secret Owl

Neo Member
What's amusing is how they say "you need to ask Capcom".

No, DE, you need to ask Capcom.

What do you want them to say? Of coarse they're asking Capcom for the resources to patch the game. Capcom is probably waiting to see if it's worth doing so based on the amount of physical game sales.

One way people could help Capcom realize they need to spend money to fix the situation would be if enough people started to publicly "ask Capcom." They need to hear that consumers aren't cool with this, outside of Digital Eclipse (who were given a contract and finite funds) saying so.

Syriel

So which version has the least issues? X1? PC?

Probably the XB1 version, though all versions have sound problems. The PS4 version is basically the same as the XB1 game, but it has an extra sound glitch that occasionally happens on the title screens for some of the games (this can be fixed by resetting the game). The PC version seems to have a lot more issues, but I have not played that one, so I don't have much to say about it, unfortunately.

Edit - if you want to hear the nasty sound bug exclusive to the PS4 version, skip to 1:35 in this video

The game is shipping to retail six months after its digital launch with this bug still intact!

X1, pc has issues with Radeon gpus

XBO version had occasional input lag and dropped inputs. You could work around it, but the game doesn't appear to buffer inputs, so if you pressed a series of inputs too quickly, the middle sequence presses could be dropped.

Robin64

What do you want them to say? Of coarse they're asking Capcom for the resources to patch the game. Capcom is probably waiting to see if it's worth doing so based on the amount of physical game sales.

They've actually made a patch and Capcom are sitting on it for unknown reasons. It's far easier for DE to get in touch with their contacts at Capcom to chase it up than is for me as the consumer to do so. Yes, I can tweet Capcom, but who does that go to really?

Got my 3DS LE in from Best Buy today. The post cards are great, as are the stickers, themes, and songs.

Still baffled by the gold amiibo when they could have done so many other color schemes based on the various RM colors.

Played a bit too and so far, plays like a charm.

Robin64

Fqo7kKv.png

fernoca

Got my 3DS LE in from Best Buy today. The post cards are great, as are the stickers, themes, and songs.

Still baffled by the gold amiibo when they could have done so many other color schemes based on the various RM colors.

Played a bit too and so far, plays like a charm.
Songs are a digital download right?

For some good news with the 3DS version:

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2016/02/ten-minutes-of-mega-man-legacy.html

Turns out you can select the Japanese versions by changing regions in the game's menus. Nice!

Does anyone have had the PS4 retail version (or imported download) to see if all three versions of the game share the same trophy list?

I can't confirm now. But when I eventually get my retail releases for my collection I'll check (especially if it means more trophy whoring for my favourite game series!)

Is there any reason at all for someone to purchase this collection on 3DS when they already own all the included games as VC titles? I'm thinking no but figured I'd ask.

It has challenge modes, museum modes, a music player, and whatnot.

It's all right there in the opening post, complete with huge pictures.

Sounds like a no then, thanks.

jblank83

Is there any reason at all for someone to purchase this collection on 3DS when they already own all the included games as VC titles? I'm thinking no but figured I'd ask.

It has challenge modes, museum modes, a music player, and whatnot.

It's all right there in the opening post, complete with huge pictures.

For some good news with the 3DS version:

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2016/02/ten-minutes-of-mega-man-legacy.html

Turns out you can select the Japanese versions by changing regions in the game's menus. Nice!

Does anyone have had the PS4 retail version (or imported download) to see if all three versions of the game share the same trophy list?

That footage of the 3DS version is good because it shows some of the game's features... But whoever was playing is absolutely terrible. All the gameplay footage is Mega man falling into pits.

Velcro Fly

Just played through the original game

Didn't really notice anything off.

Maybe I'm just one of those people that doesn't notice it. I noticed it on a youtube video where there were comparisons but couldn't during the game. In fact I completely forgot about it until coming back to this thread :(

Maybe the folks at Capcom should visit GAF a bit more often since, you know, we pointed this out three days ago.

The 3DS eShop price got fixed to $14.99. I'm downloading it now. It's a bit over 3000 blocks.

I'll post my impressions later and if I notice the judder.

Edit: So I'll just post my impressions in this post so as to not double-post.

So far, I am impressed with it. I tried basically everything: the museum, database, music player, challenges, and actually playing the games. Everything is functional, the graphics are good, and I only noticed a little slowdown in one of the Mega Man 1 challenges. However, I haven't noticed a judder and certainly not anything too serious.

The Mega Man 2 challenges all take place in the "Difficult" mode from that game, I think. This makes it a bit harder than playing in Normal difficulty.

I don't have a Mega amiibo so I can't try the extra challenges, but I might try to get one if I can find the collector's edition somewhere. Then again, my 3DS can't even read amiibos.

I'm playing on an original 3DS XL and so far I like it a lot. The game has been reviewing well, too.

Just played through the original game

Didn't really notice anything off.

Maybe I'm just one of those people that doesn't notice it. I noticed it on a youtube video where there were comparisons but couldn't during the game. In fact I completely forgot about it until coming back to this thread :(

The 3DS eShop price got fixed to $14.99. I'm downloading it now. It's a bit over 3000 blocks.

So far, I am impressed with it. I tried basically everything: the museum, database, music player, challenges, and actually playing the games. Everything is functional, the graphics are good, and I only noticed a little slowdown in one of the Mega Man 1 challenges. However, I haven't noticed a judder and certainly not anything too serious.

The Mega Man 2 challenges all take place in the "Difficult" mode from that game, I think. This makes it a bit harder than playing in Normal difficulty.

I don't have a Mega amiibo so I can't try the extra challenges, but I might try to get one if I can find the collector's edition somewhere. Then again, my 3DS can't even read amiibos.

I'm playing on an original 3DS XL and so far I like it a lot. The game has been reviewing well, too.

Thanks for the impressions. You guys are making it hard to resist buying a physical copy of this on 3DS. .

Thanks for the impressions. You guys are making it hard to resist buying a physical copy of this on 3DS. .

I haven't tried all the games yet. I encountered Mega Man 5 in challenge mode, and something about the way it played seemed off. I think that might be the judder people were talking about.

alf717

Thank you. That puts me at ease a bit for the 3DS version. I hope Amazon can ship out my order soon. I have already seen one review on Amazon where someone received a damaged package and really hope mine doesn't arrive in the same condition.

Sounds like a mess.

I just played 3 levels in Mega Man 5 and it's not bad. It's totally playable.

The graphics are really crisp. I also like autofire. It's very useful!

The digital manual is pretty barebones. I have the digital version of the game, so I don't know if retail comes with a manual.

I just played 3 levels in Mega Man 5 and it's not bad. It's totally playable.

The graphics are really crisp. I also like autofire. It's very useful!

The digital manual is pretty barebones. I have the digital version of the game, so I don't know if retail comes with a manual.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but, is there 3d in the 3ds version?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat 2 without a single noticeable issue. All in all, I think it's a great collection! Love all the museum stuff, especially the full Japanese manuals.

The games also look absolutely perfect. This is how I wanted VC releases to look, Nintendo! Not the ugly stretched out faded yuckfests we got!

Just beat 2 without a single noticeable issue. All in all, I think it's a great collection! Love all the museum stuff, especially the full Japanese manuals.

The games also look absolutely perfect. This is how I wanted VC releases to look, Nintendo! Not the ugly stretched out faded yuckfests we got!

Nice to hear some positive impressions. I couldn't care less about the lack of 3D, I'm buying this because I want the games as they were, not with gimmicky 3D effects.

Chairhome

I have the ps4 version, but may double dip because of the sweet eshop price.

I have a friend who bought the digital version at $30. Should he talk to Capcom or nintendo?

The packaging on this game looks so nice. How bad is the input lag? Definitely noticeable across all platforms?

I didn't notice any input lag in my PS4 playthroughs bar maybe the odd bit in Mega Man 6 at certain points - Yamato Man's battle springs to mind. Though I still don't know if that was in there from the beginning on the NES version, I've only played 6 a couple of times since release, its by far my least played entry in the series so I've had the least experience with it.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I just noticed that Capcom couldn't even be bothered to format the downloadable soundtrack collection that comes with the physical version of the game as its own album. They just grabbed a couple of random tracks from the Rockcan Sound E Can collection that came out back in 2012 and tossed them into a folder.

ySIro6k.jpg

Top Bottom