• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Beth Cyra

Akselziys said:
The X1 remake did not bomb lol
You consider that not a bomb really? Unless the numbers changed by a wide margin then yes it did.

So much so that Inafune had gone on record saying he wanted all the X's up to I think 5 to receive the treatment but X1 didn't do well enough to have this become a reality.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
TruePrime said:
You consider that not a bomb really? Unless the numbers changed by a wide margin then yes it did.

So much so that Inafune had gone on record saying he wanted all the X's up to I think 5 to receive the treatment but X1 didn't do well enough to have this become a reality.

What were the numbers?

The numbers in the US are close to 200k.

Beth Cyra

Akselziys said:
What were the numbers?

The numbers in the US are close to 200k.
Honestly i can;t remember.

I do remember it started off poor in Japan, but picked up a bit after PSP picked up, but I don't remember it raising it from poor to good, just poor to slight better variant of poor.

qq more

SwiftSketcher said:
They were just straight ports. Literally the hud was just stretched over the screen to fit. One of which had been ported twice over already. With no additions of any kind, 6 years later, was there really any shock when it sold less than 20k?
I was talking about Powered Up and Maverick Hunter.

Capcom seems to very quickly forget who it is that ultimately pays their salaries when it comes down to it. Maybe this time they will learn not to fuck around with their consumer base.

wwm0nkey

AzureNightmare said:
Capcom seems to very quickly forget who it is that ultimately pays their salaries when it comes down to it. Maybe this time they will learn not to fuck around with their consumer base.
I am sure with the inevitable bomb of DR2: Off the Record, Dragons Dogma and DmC they will re think a few things.

Hopefully when Dragons Dogma bombs they will at least consider releasing Monster Hunter in the west and not a westernized version of it.

qq more

wwm0nkey said:
I am sure with the inevitable bomb of DR2: Off the Record, Dragons Dogma and DmC they will re think a few things.

Hopefully when Dragons Dogma bombs they will at least consider releasing Monster Hunter in the west and not a westernized version of it.
What the hell is Dragons Dogma by the way? I've only heard of the name. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureNightmare said:
Well it's not people who buy Megaman games, that's for sure.

If anything is going to make them rethink their corporate strategy, it's DmC.

enzo_gt said:
Well it's not people who buy Megaman games, that's for sure.

If anything is going to make them rethink their corporate strategy, it's DmC.
I can't wait for DmC to bomb. Hopefully it'll bring them back to their senses.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't wait for DmC to bomb, have them blame the fans, then can the series forever. It'll be a blast.

Beth Cyra

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
I can't wait for DmC to bomb. Hopefully it'll bring them back to their senses.
I still don't know if this will happen.

As it stands I can't see who Dragon's Dogma is going to capture, but even if it does Bomb, I don't know if Capcom would allow the DMC team to make another DMC game to be made.

2.6 million copies is not enough to them it seems.

Amazing people are shocked over this with Legends when 2.6 million copies of DMC4 wasn't good enough for Capcom.

ShockingAlberto said:
The X1 remake was dickish because they cannibalized the Mega Man X Collection to make it.

What now?

"While Capcom has a built a strong relationship with its community and values their feedback, Mega Man Legends 3 development has officially ceased without plans to resume development."

There's no reason for Capcom to give such hard-line statements about MML3 being dead unless they're actively disowning the franchise. Unless someone significant in the company wants it buried for good. That really bothers me.

VGChampion said:
Every time a petition goes up it almost always makes it look worse. For one thing, they rarely hit the number they want and Capcom knows it's a lot easier to hit a "Like" button than it is to buy a game.

It's impossible to buy a game they don't even release.

qq more

TruePrime said:
I still don't know if this will happen.

As it stands I can't see who Dragon's Dogma is going to capture, but even if it does Bomb, I don't know if Capcom would allow the DMC team to make another DMC game to be made.

2.6 million copies is not enough to them it seems.

Amazing people are shocked over this with Legends when 2.6 million copies of DMC4 wasn't good enough for Capcom.

What now?
MMXC was originally going to remix X2's (and maybe X1's) soundtrack and also rewrite X1's story but Capcom decided to do that for Maverick Hunter X and its non-existent sequels.

Interesting enough, X1 in MMXC kept some of the dialog changes. (Intro Stage's cutscene for example)

EDIT: Oh and X6 was going to have English VAs, but that was scrapped in favor of completely remove voice acting. (Original X6 had the japanese voices for some reason).

And I might be wrong on this but they also planned to redub X4 and X5.

Beth Cyra

Kulock said:
There's no reason for Capcom to give such hard-line statements about MML3 being dead unless they're actively disowning the franchise. Unless someone significant in the company wants it buried for good. That really bothers me.

It's impossible to buy a game they don't even release.
All I see is them trying to give the fans the straight up truth and hopefully take whatever bad PR this results in and move on instead of having it come up again and again.

Legends might be over, but Rock isn't.

If you are worried about Legends specifically, well nothing new given there hasn't been a game in ten years.

qq more said:
MMXC was originally going to remix X2's (and maybe X1's) soundtrack and also rewrite X1's story but Capcom decided to do that for Maverick Hunter X and its non-existent sequels.

Interesting enough, X1 in MMXC kept some of the dialog changes. (Intro Stage's cutscene for example)

EDIT: Oh and X6 was going to have English VAs, but that was scrapped in favor of completely remove voice acting. (Original X6 kept the japanese voices).

And I might be wrong on this but they also planned to redub X4 and X5.

I didn't know they planned the story remake to take place in the X Collection.

That is still my biggest burn about the Maverick Hunter Line dropping. The story seemed to be going down a really cool road.

TruePrime said:
What now?
X Collection was supposed to get some additional features, like arranged music, and a complete re-dubbing of X4. IIRC, Inafune cockblocked it because he wanted to save those features for potential sequels to Maverick Hunter X.

wwm0nkey

If MvC3 Ultimate, Dragons Dogma, DR2: Off The Record and DmC bomb (Ultimate might bomb due to release date) I can see Capcom doing major studio reforms.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wwm0nkey said:
If MvC3 Ultimate, Dragons Dogma, DR2: Off The Record and DmC bomb (Ultimate might bomb due to release date) I can see Capcom doing major studio reforms.
Out of these games + Asura's Wrath, the only game I see bombing or not meeting retail expectations is DR2: Off The Record (or is it DLC?). Dragon's Dogma looks expensive, but they've garnered interest and I think it'll do fine. Maybe DmC. Maybe. I know it looks bad, but I can see it selling at least a milli.

I don't think Ultimate will bomb at all, but I'm biased with that.

Lunar15

That Capcom! How dare they try to release new IP at the expense of old, overused franchises! Hopefully all that pesky new stuff will fail so they'll learn their lesson!

Beth Cyra

wwm0nkey said:
Dragons Dogma has the highest change to bomb given just how much Capcom is sinking into it.

I agree with Enzo that Ultimate is not likely to Bomb, I don't believe Capcom is expecting super high numbers compared to something like SSFIV, and I think UMvCIII can hit that pretty easily.

DR 2 OTR I think will do alright, not great but so long as they treat it like an expansion then it should hit decent numbers for them.

DmC I don't believe will do tank as bad as alot of DMC fans are hoping for.

I know I won't support it, but the fact is it does still carry the DmC name and depending on Marketing they maybe able to get in enough fans.

TruePrime said:
If you are worried about Legends specifically, well nothing new given there hasn't been a game in ten years.

Just... you know, major cameos by the characters throughout the years repeatedly reminding you of them, that's all. And by "Cameo," I mean playable characters in two different Capcom fighting franchises.

Legends isn't even my favorite MM franchise. I don't like the fact there was an obvious will in the company to make the game, and now they're suddenly denying that they'll even have plans in the future to potentially restart development. To me that reeks of an executive or executives putting their foot down suddenly and angrily.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Tron was actively removed from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, along with the winter variant MML stage they added? It probably won't happen, of course...

wwm0nkey

enzo_gt said:
Out of these games + Asura's Wrath, the only game I see bombing or not meeting retail expectations is DR2: Off The Record (or is it DLC?). Dragon's Dogma looks expensive, but they've garnered interest and I think it'll do fine. Maybe DmC. Maybe. I know it looks bad, but I can see it selling at least a milli.

Dragons Dogma will bomb and bomb hard in the west, hardly anyone knows it exsists, I am expecting maybe 100-500k max on that one. DmC is something almost NONE of the fans want and I doubt that will do good either.

Also the only reason I think Ultimate will fail (compared to what Capcom is expecting) is because of the release date

Beth Cyra

Kulock said:
Just... you know, major cameos by the characters throughout the years repeatedly reminding you of them, that's all. And by "Cameo," I mean playable characters in two different Capcom fighting franchises.

Legends isn't even my favorite MM franchise. I don't like the fact there was an obvious will in the company to make the game, and now they're suddenly denying that they'll even have plans in the future to potentially restart development. To me that reeks of an executive or executives putting their foot down suddenly and angrily.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Tron was actively removed from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, along with the winter variant MML stage they added? It probably won't happen, of course...
Cameo's doesn't mean anything and anyone who let themselves get hyped over it are only hurting themselves.

And of course Tron won't be dropped from UMvC III. Though part of me does take pleasure that she is being nerfed. Hated the damn Assits for blowing up my rush down and always hated she got in over Rock/X.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wwm0nkey said:
Dragons Dogma will bomb and bomb hard in the west, hardly anyone knows it exsists, I am expecting maybe 100-500k max on that one. DmC is something almost NONE of the fans want and I doubt that will do good either.

Also the only reason I think Ultimate will fail (compared to what Capcom is expecting) is because of the release date
People don't know Dragon's Dogma exists? Is that just by gauging interest in this thread? As far as internet presence goes, they made quite a splash during the reveal, got lots of media coverage everywhere and the GAF thread was full of enamored people. I don't expect the public to know of a game that will come out 3/4 of a year from now and one that marketing hasn't started yet for. The only reason I think it'll bomb is because I don't believe, despite the large amount of numbers I expect, that they will be in the black at the end of the day due to the budget. Like TruePrime, I think DmC will do relatively well, despite all the hate from core fans, because of it's mainstream appeal. No where near DMC4 numbers though.

I certainly think the release date is working against UMvC3, and a spring release would've been favourable, but I don't think that'll stop it from selling tons, I expect 1 million over time, but not SSFIV numbers. Also Megaman has no bearing or influence on UMvC3, obviously. Megaman fans already got a bunch of bad news over that when UMvC3 news and interviews got out. But was the timing of the altered MML stage bad or what lol

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:

UMVC3 is going to bomb hard. $40 DLC, not DLC for the game that just came out, pitiful roster update, etc. . .

Dragon's Dogma is going to need to be amazing to even be noticed.

DR2 OTR is the least likely to bomb.

Beth Cyra

DR2K said:
UMVC3 is going to bomb hard. $40 DLC, not DLC for the game that just came out, pitiful roster update, etc. . .

You're letting your own dislike of the roster update to cloud your judgement here.

Most of those characters are really well liked and are growing in popularity as time goes by.

Not to mention SSFIV already was this exact thing and people were just fine paying for an upgrade and SSFIV didn't have a single character with the fan base power of Virgil, Ghost Rider or Hawkeye if he continues to get even more popular.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TruePrime said:
You're letting your own dislike of the roster update to cloud your judgement here.

Most of those characters are really well liked and are growing in popularity as time goes by.

Not to mention SSFIV already was this exact thing and people were just fine paying for an upgrade and SSFIV didn't have a single character with the fan base power of Virgil, Ghost Rider or Hawkeye if he continues to get even more popular.

SSFIV didn't launch in the middle of November when all the big titles are coming out.

DR2K said:
The retail release of SSFIVAE met expectations, despite having much less content. I don't think UMvC3 will bomb.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DR2K said:

But if it were DLC, you wouldn't be able to patch it in anyways, too much has changed from the core game. And it wouldn't be feesable to try to sell a $25+ several gigabyte update over XBL/PSN and expect a return with the development costs factored in. This is much larger than say AE was as an update with a lot more changed.

But yes, you have brought up a misconception and lack of understanding about the title itself that will work against sales to the public.

Zen

Banned
enzo_gt said:

Honestly? I don't think there's much reason to take what was said in this report to heart, because Brain is not a decision maker at Capcom, and he didn't bring anything to the table that is new to what the companies current public stance is as of when the game was cancelled. It seems more like Kotaku was pressing Capcom to comment, so Capcom had Brian throw out their canned response.

enzo_gt said:
Cancelling MML3 doesn't mean they don't care about Megaman anymore, I don't see how difficult that is to understand. MML3 =/= The entire MM franchise, this is the overreaction that has plagued the MML3 cancellation. Sven is a scapegoat.

It's no secret that Inafune was the main proponent behind still pushing for Mega Man within the executives at Capcom. Since his departure, Capcom has cancelled all publicly announced MegaMan games and is completely mum on any other projects or use of the IP. There is literally no overreaction, because this is a very crucial time for MegaMan fans to make sure that their voices are heard through the Legends cancellation, even if they weren't fans of the Legends offshoot in the first place. The point is to clearly show Capcom that we want Legends 3 in one form or another, and we want MegaMan games period.

Saying it was just a corporate reality decision just doesn't fly, for reasons that have already been touched on, this whole thing isn't happening just because they cancelled the game.

Capcom does value fan feedback.. they just don't concede to the vocal minorities who want to overthrow corporate decisions in the company and do things their way in their fantasy world. They've had some pretty horrific PR as evidenced by the EU twitter going crazy and whatnot but this has been blown completely out of proportion by the MM fanbase. I'm sorry if a company doesn't want to make another game that probably won't recoup development costs, from a franchise and mascot that's clearly lost his relevance in spades over the course of the last decade, I truly am, but no amount of anger and hatred towards a company will change that.

Since the Prototype was essentially done, Capcom could have released that at no extra cost to themselves, and gauged the performance of that relative to proceeding with production. They literally could simply release the prototype as originally promised, even if they publically state that they wouldn't go ahead full production anyway, and make free money, but they aren't even willing to do that.

And it's not just anger and hatred, I think that's a simplification, although those elements are present when any fanbase has been unfairly lied to and misled, one of the key messages from the fans to the rest of the fans is to make sure that you're polite and supportive when contacting Capcom directly. Megaman fans in isolation may not be the strwa that forces Capcom to re-evaluate their approach, but most of us are also a decent segment of their Street Fighter fans, Resident Evil Fans, so on and so forth.

The real anger should be directed towards their absolutely stupid decision to show games that haven't been green-lit in the development process yet. Showing something that's volatile that, from the start, likely was not to produce a solid release anyways, is a terrible business practice that shouldn't be encouraged. Yes, companies are moving towards the model of showing off their game as early as possible to increase the amount of time in which they will garner interest and have opportunities to show off their product, but games being shown before they are even green-lit is crossing the line. This is my main issue with the MML3 cancellation.

Well at least we agree on this, although the fanbase wouldn't have been annoyed nearly as much if they hadn't neglected to mention that the project wasn't officially green lit in the first place.

At the end of the day, this paper tiger PR response from Capcom has only seemed to increase the likes and servbots and petition numbers. So that's good for MegaMan fans, and I hope Capcom continues to respond to us and give it publicity. Now in fact is the perfect time getmeoffthemoon to start a PR campaign aimed at contacting these sites directly.

TruePrime said:
Cameo's doesn't mean anything and anyone who let themselves get hyped over it are only hurting themselves.
Sorry, but that's bullshit and you know it. "How dare you let yourself get hyped." What's the point of the cameos if not to hype, if not to provide some fanservice?

My point, anyway, was that the franchise wasn't dead. Unlike something like Bionic Commando (Elite Forces for GBC aside, which was kind of a weird case), the franchise was dead as a doornail until resurrected. No references to Spencer anywhere, ever.

MML has never really been "dead" in that way. Even years later when they went to pick a Mega Man representative for Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, they chose Volnutt out of all of them. Tron was picked for MvsC2, and brought back for 3. There have been plenty of other MML cameos and references by Capcom through the last decade, not to mention a rerelease of MML 1 and 2 for the PSP in Japan, so of course fans kept up hope for a sequel.

TruePrime said:
And of course Tron won't be dropped from UMvC III.
You say "of course," and it's probably true she won't be, but I've seen pettier things happen in the games industry. It wouldn't be the first, or even second, time a finished character was removed from a Capcom Vs game for various reasons. I'm sure they could come up with a good one if they wanted to.

DR2K

Banned
TruePrime said:

The roster is so popular that fans are already demanding DLC before they've been officially introduced. The roster is the most subjective part, yes. There are no big names whatsoever being added in(from either side). Coming out the same month as all the heavy hitters, and it's just a $40 DLC that alienates MVC3.

Could have at least added Megman to soften the blow of MML3 being cancelled.

Beth Cyra

Kulock said:
Sorry, but that's bullshit and you know it. "How dare you let yourself get hyped." What's the point of the cameos if not to hype, if not to provide some fanservice?

My point, anyway, was that the franchise wasn't dead. Unlike something like Bionic Commando (Elite Forces for GBC aside, which was kind of a weird case), the franchise was dead as a doornail until resurrected. No references to Spencer anywhere, ever.

MML has never really been "dead" in that way. Even years later when they went to pick a Mega Man representative for Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, they chose Volnutt out of all of them. Tron was picked for MvsC2, and brought back for 3. There have been plenty of other MML cameos and references by Capcom through the last decade, not to mention a rerelease of MML 1 and 2 for the PSP in Japan, so of course fans kept up hope for a sequel.

You say "of course," and it's probably true she won't be, but I've seen pettier things happen in the games industry. It wouldn't be the first, or even second, time a finished character was removed from a Capcom Vs game for various reasons. I'm sure they could come up with a good one if they wanted to.
I do disagree, completely. Not a single Legends fan to me has any right to get their hopes up for a MML three just because Trigger and Tron were in Cross over games. Remakes and ports? I can understand, cameo's I don't feel any person has the right to bitch over it.

It would be as like X fans suddenly thinking they would get a new X game because Zero is in UMvC3, or if X got added via dlc. No, it just means they tried to tie in more sales because of a vocal fanbases as well as thinking they would work in a fighting game.

DR2K said:
The roster is so popular that fans are already demanding DLC before they've been officially introduced. The roster is the most subjective part, yes. There are no big names whatsoever being added in(from either side). Coming out the same month as all the heavy hitters, and it's just a $40 DLC that alienates MVC3.

WTH? How can you say that when it has Virgil? PW? Or Frank West? These are characters that have had some of the biggest commercial (Dead Rising and DMC) or critically (all three) from the last two generations.

Also what about Ghost Rider? Or how Hawkeye seems to be gaining traction for the first time in years?

Also even if they added a Rock (if we are to believe Niitsuma) which would likely be X, that would have not sated a large portion of the people hurt over Legends fans, if anything it could have made it worse seeing the version they want get slapped down to have another be a big name in an up comming fighter.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Um, MHX bombed because they didn't follow it up with a sequel. It was originally going to have MHX2 but it sold poorly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Papercuts said:
SSFIV didn't launch in the middle of November when all the big titles are coming out.
Yeah, but UMvC3 isn't an FPS or TPS with loads of competition in the genre. Overshadowing will occur, but not to the extent of other genres where there is overlap. UMvC3 doesn't have competition within the genre.

Zen said:
Eh, while this is literally true, it's missing the point. It's no secret that Inafune was the main proponent behind still pushing for Mega Man within the executives at Capcom. Since his departure, Capcom has cancelled all publicly announced MegaMan games and is completely mum on any other projects or use of the IP. There is litterally no overreaction, because this is a very crucial time for MegaMan fans to make sure that their voices are heard through the Legends cancellation, even if they weren't fans of the Legends offshoot in the first place. The point is to clearly show Capcom that we want Legends 3 in one form or another, and we want MegaMan games period.
If that was the point, than not even reaching the 40K mark with the support group only affirms Capcom's beliefs that there is not enough demand and the franchise isn't worth investing in for the time being. I hope your not alluding to any Inafune conspiracy theory either. Perhaps he was the last one keeping MM alive at Capcom and now that he's gone Capcom can do what they want, but it ends there.

Zen said:
Since the Prototype was essentially done, Capcom could have released that at no extra cost to themselves, and gauged the performance of that relative to proceeding with production. They literally could simply release the prototype as originally promised, even if they publically state that they wouldn't go ahead full production anyway, and make free money, but they aren't even willing to do that.

And it's not anger and hatred, although those elements are present when any fanbase has been unfairly lied to and misled, one of the key messages from the fans to the rest of the fans is to make sure that you're polite when contacting Capcom directly.
You really think that if Capcom said, hey we did this prototype but we cancelled the game so here buy this, you think it'd stick and sell? The backlash would be equally as large. The whole point of the prototype was to gauge interest to make a decision as to whether to continue development or not. So if they tell you it's cancelled anyway, you'd still buy it? Or would you rather buy it first, then Capcom tell you the bad news after? It doesn't end well either way. The project had to be scrapped, none of those two scenarios that end in actually releasing the prototype mean good PR. They've had bad PR already, but releasing remnants of a product as a cash grab looks even worse on their part.

DR2K said:

Oh come the fuck on, I know your biased and shit but really? REALLY? Yes they didn't hit EVERYONE'S demands at once, but how can you even say this? :/

Oh and Tron was in MvC3 from MvC2 because she was a dev team favourite, provided a unique playstyle and had a cult following in MvC2. MML has nothing to do with it. Period. MvC3 was in dev and had it's roster whittled down much before MML3 was conceived.

Beth Cyra

Ookami-kun said:
Um, MHX bombed because they didn't follow it up with a sequel. It was originally going to have MHX2 but it sold poorly.
This doesn't make sense, of course MHX2 wouldn't happen if MHX didn't do well.

Inafune was very open about MHX2 and that we could get it if the fans supported 1, not enough of us did.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
TruePrime said:
This doesn't make sense, of course MHX2 wouldn't happen if MHX didn't do well.

Inafune was very open about MHX2 and that we could get it if the fans supported 1, not enough of us did.

I posted that because someone thought MHX sold well.

Zen

Banned
enzo_gt said:
If that was the point, than not even reaching the 40K mark with the support group only affirms Capcom's beliefs that there is not enough demand and the franchise isn't worth investing in for the time being. I hope your not alluding to any Inafune conspiracy theory either. Perhaps he was the last one keeping MM alive at Capcom and now that he's gone Capcom can do what they want, but it ends there.

Almost reaching 40k in two weeks, and gaining momentum again with the Kotaku article? That only reaffirms that things are still very much in play, even if the endgame isn't Legends 3 coming back. Don't forget that the fans are working on a centralized hub to unify all efforts on an international scale. The general reaction to this Kotaku article has been 'so what? We're not going anywhere'.

You really think that if Capcom said, hey we did this prototype but we cancelled the game so here buy this, you think it'd stick and sell? The backlash would be equally as large. The whole point of the prototype was to gauge interest to make a decision as to whether to continue development or not. So if they tell you it's cancelled anyway, you'd still buy it?

I guarantee you that the Prototype (which was going to release on the 3DS store digitally) would have made sales. Especially among a fanbase that had been waiting for Legends for so long. There's no way that releasing the Prototype 'for the fans' would be a bad PR move, and it would recoup some of the sunk costs of pre-production on the project.

Oh and Tron was in MvC3 from MvC2 because she was a dev team favourite, provided a unique playstyle and had a cult following in MvC2. MML has nothing to do with it. Period. MvC3 was in dev and had it's roster whittled down much before MML3 was conceived.

You have absolutely no way of knowing this.

Beth Cyra

Akselziys said:
I thought it sold pretty well? What number is considered selling well? XD

Or we just talking about numbers in Japan?
Less then 200k isn't good in america.

Even if was, the fact that Inafune went out so many times and had to explain that the X series of Remakes was cancel'd because of MHX's low performance should of tipped you off.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
TruePrime said:
Less then 200k isn't good in america.

Even if was, the fact that Inafune went out so many times and had to explain that the X series of Remakes was cancel'd because of MHX's low performance should of tipped you off.

Since when is 200k considered bad? lol

And for a PSP game no less.

Not to mention out of the 12 most recent Megaman handheld games, MHX has sold the most XD

Beth Cyra

Akselziys said:

And for a PSP game no less.

Not to mention out of the 12 most recent Megaman handheld games, MHX has sold the most XD
Maverick Hunter X had a ton of stuff put into it.

Maybe it if was just a 3D remake it would have been enough. They put alot of time into creating everything that went into it, a new story, a whole new Vile mode, a 20 Minute OVA to setup the story in the sequel that would follow and everything.

Also it selling the most out of the last bunch of games isn't something in X's favor, it just shows how badly Rock has fallen off in general.

One thing that is interesting though is that Maverick Hunter X is the only game to be put up on the English PSN.

However this could be simply because X is the most popular Rock Variant in the west.

qq more

Akselziys said:
It depends on the budget. Didn't that game had a short movie? I'd imagine that alone would make the budget much bigger.

EDIT: Out of curiousity, how did the first Star Force and ZX games sell? Including as much regions as possible.

TruePrime said:
I do disagree, completely. Not a single Legends fan to me has any right to get their hopes up for a MML three just because Trigger and Tron were in Cross over games. Remakes and ports? I can understand, cameo's I don't feel any person has the right to bitch over it.
Those fans have a right to feel strung along, regardless of your opinion about cameos.

TruePrime said:
It would be as like X fans suddenly thinking they would get a new X game because Zero is in UMvC3, or if X got added via dlc. No, it just means they tried to tie in more sales because of a vocal fanbases as well as thinking they would work in a fighting game.
Trying to compare the X franchise and the Legends franchise is pretty ridiculous. They have radically different histories.

Beth Cyra

Kulock said:
Those fans have a right to feel strung along, regardless of your opinion about cameos.

Trying to compare the X franchise and the Legends franchise is pretty ridiculous. They have radically different histories.
Yes, X at one time sold pretty well and is much more popular in the West were Trigger isn't the most popular version of Rock anywhere.

qq more said:
It depends on the budget. Didn't that game had a short movie? I'd imagine that alone would make the budget much bigger.

EDIT: Out of curiousity, how did the first Star Force and ZX games sell? Including as much regions as possible.

Something along the lines of pure dog shit.

No seriously though someone posted sales of all the recent Rock games some were in this thread.

If you check out those Starforce and ZX numbers (hell throw in X8 and Command Mission) it makes you wonder how Inafune was even able to get them to consider any more Rock games.

enzo_gt said:
You really think that if Capcom said, hey we did this prototype but we cancelled the game so here buy this, you think it'd stick and sell? The backlash would be equally as large. The whole point of the prototype was to gauge interest to make a decision as to whether to continue development or not. So if they tell you it's cancelled anyway, you'd still buy it? Or would you rather buy it first, then Capcom tell you the bad news after? It doesn't end well either way. The project had to be scrapped, none of those two scenarios that end in actually releasing the prototype mean good PR. They've had bad PR already, but releasing remnants of a product as a cash grab looks even worse on their part.

Not really, if that was the case, then rather than people showing their support through a FB group to try and prove Capcom that people actually want the game they'd be actually showing it by buying the prototype, and what better way to prove them that the game can sell than by buying it? Sure, it wouldn't guaranty them to change their decision, but at least it'd make everyone actually feel like they're doing the most they can. Worst case scenario, it sells bad and Capcom says "told you so" and everyone moves on, best case scenario, it sells well and Capcom MAY consider actually continuing.

Still, the real problem with the prototype is that it was meant to be what gauged the interest for the game, and yet they never even gave anyone a chance to show their support. It was already done, even if they were thinking of canceling the game they could've uploaded the prototype anyways and actually get some money out of all of this rather than nothing at all and the hate of the fanbase. THAT is the most annoying part of all of this tbh =/

qq more

TruePrime said:
Yes, X at one time sold pretty well and is much more popular in the West were Trigger isn't the most popular version of Rock anywhere.

Something along the lines of pure dog shit.

No seriously though someone posted sales of all the recent Rock games some were in this thread.

If you check out those Starforce and ZX numbers (hell throw in X8 and Command Mission) it makes you wonder how Inafune was even able to get them to consider any more Rock games.
How recent was the post? There's so many pages in this topic, it's gonna be hell trying to find it.

Top Bottom