• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

qq more said:
G4 still exists? lol

My satellite provider dropped the channel because of abysmal ratings, ahahaha. I'm honestly surprised they're still around.

BY2K said:
She's downright retarded is more like it. She called Galaxy 2 TOO CARTOONY, for crying out loud.

She also heavily implied that it was for 10 year olds. yeeeeeah

wwm0nkey

Zerokku said:
And Adam Sessler is still stuck there too. The man deserves better than that shithole of a cable station.
He does, he has a lot of potential but that shit station just keeps ruining it.

Codeblue

Electivirus said:
My satellite provider dropped the channel because of abysmal ratings, ahahaha. I'm honestly surprised they're still around.

She also heavily implied that it was for 10 year olds. yeeeeeah

I hope Dish network drops them too. I would gladly trade G4 to be able to press one less button to get to a relevant channel.

Zen

Banned
I really don't understand the outright contempt that seems to have developed from a decent amount of games journalists and outlets over the fans being upset and fighting for Legends 3. It seems like with every hurdle that's in front of the fanbase, they derisively mock our chances, and with every milestone reached they say 'well it took you this long? How pathetic of you!'.

I'm sure they wouldn't be operating as cruel blowhards if one of their franchises was cancelled in such a manner. I'd ask where their heart is, but the more pertenant question is, where are their brains? You'd think that even if they themselves weren't interested in Legends, that they'd have the professional tact not to act unprofessional about it.

I think it's pretty clear that more that enough people cared enough about the series to make a reasonably budgeted 3DS game financially viable. Heck, I'm sure 99% of the fans would settle for the Prototype at this point, which is already a sunk cost for Capcom.

For every 1000 Servbots, a new panel will be drawn by me.
I don't mind other people submitting similar things here. Any medium is fine. You can also post up at any pace you feel like. Do not double post. Fit as many as you can in the first page, then post again later. If you are the last one, just edit your post unless no one has posted for days and you feel like bumping.

What is your life as a servbot like? is their any influence or limitations from your real life? Are you light-hearted or broody? If you were a servbot, how would Tron treat you? How would other characters treat you? What about other people in the devroom? What did you think when Keiji left the project? What do you think of Mega Man, even though you have never met him? Do you blow up a lot? Do you actively help Tron, or do you sit back and watch everyone else go at it. How have you helped in the project? What skills do you have compared to others? What sets you apart from others? How did the cancellation make you feel? What are you doing about it?

I urge that you try to base your Servobt you off of the real you as much as possible. It's a good exercise in humbility and individuality. Not to mention it's best to vent frustration creativly. You don't have to do amazing things to post here. Do what feels natural to you.

490-1.png

490-2.png

490-3.png

490-4.png

490-5.png

490-6.png

490-7.png

490-8.png

490-9.png

490-10.png

490-11.png
[/

Click here to read more panels, make sure to become a servbot, tell your friends and join the facebook group!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/go/thread/view/114725/28076361/Servbot_Stories?pg=1

BY2K

Membero Americo
The moment G4 stopped being good was when they they called Beatmania a ripf-off of Guitar Hero.

I will never forget.

Isn't G4 the place you get sent when you aren't even good enough to be on FX?

There aren't a lot of channels which I can say with no hyperbole that I avoid watching more than Cspan and government access, and G4 is one of them.

Boney

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:

look, I didn't even care for Legends 3 solely because I didn't know the game/genre, but Morgan Webb with her bloody idiotic anti-Nintendo bashing infuriates me in a way I couldn't even describe

fucking talentless bitch
so british

MisterHero

I don't know what's worse now; Morgan Webb's attempt to justify Capcom's bizarre marketing tests or Capcom for actually bringing them about

nckillthegrimace said:
Every time Morgan Webb opens her mouth, I hate her more and more.

Yeah, same here, which is why I'm not going to bother clicking the video Nah couldn't help it, wasn't as long as I expected, but yep still awful. What's with the Japanese subs, this actually caught the eye of the Japanese fanbase? Well, Webb, I guess you';re good for SOMETHING. She was actually kinda decent, I thought, back in her original X-Play debut (I actually defended her when fans were griping about Kate Botello leaving). But the last couple of years she's really turned into quite the annoying, snobby, and pretentious bitch.

I definitely agree that Adam Sessler is too good for the show and network. Unfortunately, as a DTV subscriber I no longer get G4, I'm actually disappointed the channel is still around.

Boney

Banned
MisterHero said:
I don't know what's worse now; Morgan Webb's attempt to justify Capcom's bizarre marketing tests or Capcom for actually bringing them about
Capcom is worse and you know it.

Zen

Banned
42 000.

Some good news, although not any movement from Capcom. The guy responsible for the Project Legends DSI tech demo is going to be joining up with the group of Legends fans that want to make their own Legends 3.

http://projectlegends.aeroforums.com/t17-how-should-we-go-about-this-game
http://pdroms.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/20110517_project_legends_ds-dsi_v002_(game).png

If a serious fan game is going to be made, I don't think trying to make a game with the same scope/detail as Legends 3 is possible, but something like a Legends equivalent to Minecraft (Randomly generated open world with user generated digs) would be neat. Not that I'm expecting anything of this, but it's still nice to think about and hear that fans are working on things.

Ookami-kun said:
So... if the project is down how come servbots are still popping?
I think the overall goal is to surpass the Capcom Unity Groups. So far we've passed the Zack and Wiki, Bionic Commando, Pheonix Wright, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and Okami groups. As of writing, Legends 3 is sitting next to Lost Planet, followed by Dead Rising and MvC. Anything to send Capcom the message they undermined the demand for this game. Hopefully if we can get it to MvC numbers, we'll really get our message across. Where better than Capcom's community page to show this?

ezekial45

Banned
Zen said:
42 000.

Some good news, although not any movement from Capcom. The guy responsible for the Project Legends DSI tech demo is going to be joining up with the group of Legends fans that want to make their own Legends 3.

http://projectlegends.aeroforums.com/t17-how-should-we-go-about-this-game
http://pdroms.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/20110517_project_legends_ds-dsi_v002_(game).png

If a serious fan game is going to be made, I don't think trying to make a game with the same scope/detail as what Legends 3 would have been is possible for a grpup of fans, but something like a Legends equivalent to Minecraft (Randomly generate open world with user generated diggs) would be neat. Not that I'm expecting anything of this, but it's still nice to think about and hear that fans are working on things.

That's pretty cool, actually. Hopefully they'll stick with it.

Zen

Banned
They're apparently going to use Unity3D but things are still very early at this point.

In case no one saw it, Inafune talked about Legends 3 back in NYCC 2010, I remember watching this. It was great seeing his enthusiasm for the fans and Legends 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvP8k0Jqes8&feature=fvsr

If only he'd stuck around another 3 months, then the game probably would have been too far along to cancel when he left.

Remember to join the facebook group and join the devroom on Capcom Unity.

Top Bottom